test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet upgrade projects and timers

fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Fleet System and Holdings
It can take 3 to 4 days to finish a fleet upgrade project. Does anybody likes that design feature? Thrue, large fleets can fill up projects faster than I can TRIBBLE, so some kind of time slot is an idea. Instant satisfaction makes us spoiled afterall.

For small fleets it is more than inconvenient. First you have to run your normal projects, then, finally, the upgrade project that asks for extra resources. It is not, hey we can upgrade. Oh, here is the project, fill in the 5 dil and done.

Let the timer diminish, the longer it takes to complete a project. So after being slotted for a week, the timer goes to null after completing.
Post edited by fovrel on

Comments

• Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Meh. A seemingly arbitrary timegate that can be worked around by contributing to any other open projects. A have a personal fleet (two alternates plus the recent addition of a Delta recruit - yeah that's small) and the cooldowns haven't inconvenienced me one whit.
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I'm actually more disgruntled with the exponential cost of upgrading Tiers, I started my fleet nearly two years ago (mainly with the intent of eventually getting a Fleet Armitage, which is now an excercise in futility), and have yet to hit Tier 5.

The cost requirements for upgrading the fleet holdings becomes prohibitive unless you have many members with deep pockets and patience with the timers.

As it stands, I won't be able to get my T5 Fleet Armitage* until next year, assuming 1 project/day, it'd take 250 days to unlock the T5 upgrade of my Fleet's shipyard. :mad:

I understand why upgrading fleet holdings is so expensive, it's to keep larger fleets from getting everything right now, unfortunately it makes building up holdings for smaller fleets prohibitivly taxing on members.

Oh and at higher Tiers it takes 7+ days to finish an upgrade, I believe it took 10 days for my fleet's T4 shipyard. Which in itself isn't a big deal as it generally takes longer than that to fill in all the requirements (unless you're in one of those monstrous mega-fleets), so when it takes a month to fill in the project waiting another week isn't a big deal.

*I am aware of the Public Service methods of getting a ship, and that I could just join a T5 fleet to get a ship, that's not the point of this argument.
  • Options
    thyrahthyrah Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    I'm actually more disgruntled with the exponential cost of upgrading Tiers, I started my fleet nearly two years ago (mainly with the intent of eventually getting a Fleet Armitage, which is now an excercise in futility), and have yet to hit Tier 5.

The cost requirements for upgrading the fleet holdings becomes prohibitive unless you have many members with deep pockets and patience with the timers.

As it stands, I won't be able to get my T5 Fleet Armitage* until next year, assuming 1 project/day, it'd take 250 days to unlock the T5 upgrade of my Fleet's shipyard. :mad:

I understand why upgrading fleet holdings is so expensive, it's to keep larger fleets from getting everything right now, unfortunately it makes building up holdings for smaller fleets prohibitivly taxing on members.

Oh and at higher Tiers it takes 7+ days to finish an upgrade, I believe it took 10 days for my fleet's T4 shipyard. Which in itself isn't a big deal as it generally takes longer than that to fill in all the requirements (unless you're in one of those monstrous mega-fleets), so when it takes a month to fill in the project waiting another week isn't a big deal.

*I am aware of the Public Service methods of getting a ship, and that I could just join a T5 fleet to get a ship, that's not the point of this argument.

100% agree, which is why I posted for a time reduction and the ability to buy something to cut the
    time in half for upgrading (tier) projects. But I didn't touch the rising costs that make it too expensive
    for smaller fleets to continus to grow.

• Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    fovrel wrote: »
    It can take 3 to 4 days to finish a fleet upgrade project. Does anybody likes that design feature? Thrue, large fleets can fill up projects faster than I can TRIBBLE, so some kind of time slot is an idea. Instant satisfaction makes us spoiled afterall.

For small fleets it is more than inconvenient. First you have to run your normal projects, then, finally, the upgrade project that asks for extra resources. It is not, hey we can upgrade. Oh, here is the project, fill in the 5 dil and done.

Let the timer diminish, the longer it takes to complete a project. So after being slotted for a week, the timer goes to null after completing.
    if it is taking a week to fill the project, wouldnt the project cd be spent gathering resources for the next anyway?
    ​​
  • Options
    maxx106maxx106 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I'd actually like to see a change in dilithium levels. I seem to have a similar problem with others here and that is I am in small fleet. With the exception of a few people in the fleet, the only active members are the 10 different characters that I have.

I'd like to see a maximum of 150,000 dilithium for upgrading tiers...and a maximum of 50,000 for a project. This 191,000 and 300,000+ seams too high and unreasonable.

Now granted, I could just kick every member of the fleet out and then shut the fleet down. Once that is done, join a T5 fleet, but then that means I have abide by their membership rules....I'd rather not do that. Thing is, it's only the dilithium amounts that I have an issue with.....not the the rest of it....you want 2000 energy cells....no problem....you want crew...no problem..you want me to upgrade items and then wait a week...no problem......just drop the dilithium requirements at bit...
  • Options
    francisakirkfrancisakirk Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    maxx106 wrote: »
    I'd actually like to see a change in dilithium levels. I seem to have a similar problem with others here and that is I am in small fleet. With the exception of a few people in the fleet, the only active members are the 10 different characters that I have.

I'd like to see a maximum of 150,000 dilithium for upgrading tiers...and a maximum of 50,000 for a project. This 191,000 and 300,000+ seams too high and unreasonable.

Now granted, I could just kick every member of the fleet out and then shut the fleet down. Once that is done, join a T5 fleet, but then that means I have abide by their membership rules....I'd rather not do that. Thing is, it's only the dilithium amounts that I have an issue with.....not the the rest of it....you want 2000 energy cells....no problem....you want crew...no problem..you want me to upgrade items and then wait a week...no problem......just drop the dilithium requirements at bit...

Agreed! We just hit T5 and I was relieved till our last projects came up with a unbelievable amount of Dilithium. So...
    I purchased $75.00 of dils(1,750,000 dils) and wiped the board clean hoping that was it, "DONE!" Naaa, not the case...
    "A research Lab????!!!!" Are you kidding me!? We are slotted a balance of 1,100,000 dils more. You are 100% correct, Max. Give us a break! And now 'Armarda Fleets!! Please!!!
    Francis A. Kirk
    Captain "USS Growler"
    <Click here>Federation Fleet
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    A bit more dilithium discount bonus from armada would be great.... a lot is more than welcome if possible ...
    Mzd8i1c.gif