test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot Train Engineering Team 3

miri2miri2 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
I'm running a Reman engineering officer, and took 6 ranks of the Repairs skill so I could train a BOff in Engineering Team III. But the skill isn't showing on my list of trainable skills in the R&D system.
Have I done something wrong? Or is this a glitch?

I'm sure I've put this in the wrong section, so oops in advance. Thank you for your input!
“True success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”
-- Winston Churchill
Post edited by miri2 on

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    miri2 wrote: »
    I'm running a Reman engineering officer, and took 6 ranks of the Repairs skill so I could train a BOff in Engineering Team III. But the skill isn't showing on my list of trainable skills in the R&D system.

I'm sure I've put this in the wrong section, so oops in advance. Thank you for your input!

They completely revamped the boff system and, how they are trained.

The points you put into the skill are not necessarily wasted but, now any of the skills you used to be able to train your boffs with, are now a part of the R&D system (a.k.a. training manuals) with its own tab section located in your doff mission screen.

Also, you can usually find the more common - rare tier 1-2 training manuals, from the old boff trainer for some EC's, while the harder to obtain rare - very rare tier 3 skills can be found on the exchange most often or, you need make them yourself.

However, there are still those tier 3 skills which were and, still are unique to boffs alone and, cannot be crafted nor, be bought from the boff trainers.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    miri2 wrote: »

i believe you did what you were suppose to do and it should of shown up in the officer training section. if it is a bug you can easily buy the manual off the exchange and train your boff.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The points you put into the skill are not necessarily wasted but, now any of the skills you used to be able to train your boffs with, are now a part of the R&D system (a.k.a. training manuals) with its own tab section located in your doff mission screen.

You still need to rank up the required skills to be able to craft the corresponding manuals for that character. For example, crafting ET III manual still requires 6 bars in Repairs. It says so in the Skills window, with the new Training Manual jargon even. So the OP is right in wondering why he can't craft ET III by having 6 bars in Repairs.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• adonas1adonas1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have the same issue. I meet the prerequisites in the tooltip, but can't create ET3 manuals.
    WTB T6 ship, for $30 of hard-earned money, with the following:
    1. 8 Weapons, Battle Cloak, and 11 consoles (5 Tac/4 Sci)
    2. At least 39,000 Hull at lvl 50 and at least 1.25 Shield mod
    3. Commander Tac/Int BOFF and Uni Lt Comm BOFF stations
    It could have 5 turn rate and look like a box, but I'd buy it ASAP!
  • darklordtaurinedarklordtaurine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same issue for a while now apparently they still have not fixed this issue. It seems this is an old issue too from all the searching i have done on this matter. Yet no fix other than delete toon and redo. One person did this to fix since the got no help.
  • medic9193medic9193 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I've encountered this issue today. I wonder if it was fixed and broke or this is an ongoing issue. Filling a bug report/ticket today.
    y2idwb.png
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    I have never been able to get my Rom eng to craft Eng team III. This is not a special, non-craftable ability like Beam Overload III as I had no problem crafting Eng Team III with a Fed eng. I leveled him, crafted the manuals, and retired him problem solved. This is not to mean that there is nothing wrong in the first place because there is.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    tk79 wrote: »
    You still need to rank up the required skills to be able to craft the corresponding manuals for that character. For example, crafting ET III manual still requires 6 bars in Repairs. It says so in the Skills window, with the new Training Manual jargon even. So the OP is right in wondering why he can't craft ET III by having 6 bars in Repairs.

I can't craft ET III either (which makes sense, as I 0/9 in subsystem repairs); but I *can* make EPtE III (and I certainly don't have 6 in Engine Performance). Hmm.
    3lsZz0w.jpg