test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [August 20th, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Greetings Captains!

We will be having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow 8/20 at 6AM PDT for 3 1/2 hours. You can check out our patch notes and the changes we'll be making here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Good glad to see some of these fixes.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Very nice to see the Subspace Vortex fix. That one was rough in the Undine space BZ.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Resolved an issue that was causing Subspace Vortex FX to not clean up correctly at the end of their duration.
    And will we get the cooldown timer of their power to show up at last?
    Added Junior Officer Weekend to the event calendar.
    *big predatory grin, tenting fingers, plasma pistol on the desk, just under the hands* Will we, Romulan players, get the liberated Romulan Doff T'Ress at last? It'd be a shame if it didn't happen...
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    lan451 wrote: »
    Very nice to see the Subspace Vortex fix. That one was rough in the Undine space BZ.

Does this mean an end to the endless portals to nowhere? How Sarah Palin of you. lol :D
  • Options
    lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    Nice to see new mobs/contacts in the Foundry. Especially Iconians!
  • Options
    nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Known Issues: Plasma is still broken. Lag is still terrible. Game crashes at loading. Fleet Research Buff only lasts 24hrs not 7days. And bort wears a funny hat.
    Post edited by nh3rd on
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    Sadly nothing about the many players suffering gameclient.exe hangs :(
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Ah yes the epic game crashes. AT EVERY FLIPPING LOAD SCREEN!!!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    *big predatory grin, tenting fingers, plasma pistol on the desk, just under the hands* Will we, Romulan players, get the liberated Romulan Doff T'Ress at last? It'd be a shame if it didn't happen...
    don't hold your breath
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yes, I hope to see a fix of the freezing up during map transfers. Notably, I've frozen transferring from Kobali system to Sector Space, but other map transfers freeze up on me too. I have to go into my task manager (which says game client is not responding) and end the game client there and restart. And when I do, I don't get the popup saying that an error was found, would I like to verify files, it just starts back up. So, either it wasn't a crash or they've stopped asking me if I want to verify files.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    I'm checking into the technical hangups with the team. I've put in messaging about it and I know that they're looking into it.

Coincidentally, it's one of the reasons why I'm invested in this BugBashers initiative. With it, there'll be more data that we can grab from the community to not confirm that the problem is happening (we know this already) but what exactly is happening to produce the problem. Generally reports of the issues are nebulous such as "My game client crashed." With more data from the initiative, I feel like I can potentially hasten the resolution to these issues with organizing something like this. It's kinda been a personal crusade for me.
  • Options
    euclidese8euclidese8 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Yes, I hope to see a fix of the freezing up during map transfers. Notably, I've frozen transferring from Kobali system to Sector Space, but other map transfers freeze up on me too. I have to go into my task manager (which says game client is not responding) and end the game client there and restart. And when I do, I don't get the popup saying that an error was found, would I like to verify files, it just starts back up. So, either it wasn't a crash or they've stopped asking me if I want to verify files.
    and it has happened to me during the maintenance last week (thursday 13th august)
  • Options
    nero#6673 nero Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Patch notes link gives me a HTTP 500 error -
    50777087521_0fb2747817_z.jpg

protogoth wrote:
    Picard and his gang of misfits (Commander Quagmire, his sometime-girlfriend Counselor State-the-Obvious, Pinocchio aspiring to be a real boy, a blind helmsman, and Microbrain, not to mention Doctor I'm-here-as-a-thinly-veiled-love-interest-for-the-captain-and-otherwise-have-no-real-purpose and her son Annoying Boy Geekwiz)

I am no ones minion - I will do what is right
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    @ pwlaughingtrendy
    I noticed that the patch notes/ release notes from the last few weeks have only been posted on arc and not on the forum.
    Is this a mere oversight or a new posting policy?

I hope it is the former and not the latter because information is a lot less accessible on arc especially when newer news items come along. Sometimes you want to be able to browse through various release notes to look for changes to specific components of the game.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm checking into the technical hangups with the team. I've put in messaging about it and I know that they're looking into it.

Coincidentally, it's one of the reasons why I'm invested in this BugBashers initiative. With it, there'll be more data that we can grab from the community to not confirm that the problem is happening (we know this already) but what exactly is happening to produce the problem. Generally reports of the issues are nebulous such as "My game client crashed." With more data from the initiative, I feel like I can potentially hasten the resolution to these issues with organizing something like this. It's kinda been a personal crusade for me.

You can verify files in game client - click on "options" in right top corner and select "force verify" and restart launcher. But i must warn you, sometimes veryfing takes a long time.
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • Options
    viox2kviox2k Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    while iaaa
    Generally reports of the issues are nebulous such as "My game client crashed." With more data from the initiative, I feel like I can potentially hasten the resolution to these issues with organizing something like this. It's kinda been a personal crusade for me.

While i agree, theres this cryptic error on dyson ground.... (there are more fixes from cryptic side, none worked) quite a while now u just need to beam down, make 1 round and persons like me get 3-4 cryptic error - i bug report them, but nothing changes. There's a simple repdroduce u can do: just play dyson ground + u guys also see the bug report, so im wondering why this still isnt fixed, reported 10000 times on the forums too.

• Options
    amcgettamcgett Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Coincidentally, it's one of the reasons why I'm invested in this BugBashers initiative. With it, there'll be more data that we can grab from the community to not confirm that the problem is happening (we know this already) but what exactly is happening to produce the problem. Generally reports of the issues are nebulous such as "My game client crashed." With more data from the initiative, I feel like I can potentially hasten the resolution to these issues with organizing something like this. It's kinda been a personal crusade for me.keep up the good work young lady i for one appreciate all your efforts
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    When will Defera BZ get fixed? (Yes.... many of us have submitted bug reports for several months.)

(Side note: I've noticed that I can't post here using the new Microsoft Edge browser.)
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    @ pwlaughingtrendy
    I noticed that the patch notes/ release notes from the last few weeks have only been posted on arc and not on the forum.

I hope it is the former and not the latter because information is a lot less accessible on arc especially when newer news items come along. Sometimes you want to be able to browse through various release notes to look for changes to specific components of the game.​​

I've been wondering the same thing. It's much easier finding them on the forums.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    When i get more than two client crashes per hour, i delete the game and let it re-download, that gets it down to about two crashes a day. There's no point in verifying files after crash because so far it's always been peachy as far as loader is concerned. I'd submit a crash report about the crash but the crash reporter always goes down before i can click submit so i'm not providing feedback. Considering full game download takes about 4 hours, nowdays i compress the whole game folder to a separate file so i have a clean backup when crashes become unbearable, then just patch up the difference from there.

There's this one option in the game that says something about keeping files in memory so maps load faster, i presume that's some sort of cache, maybe would be useful to delete that cache directory contents, maybe it's not game files that get screwed after a crash, maybe cache is. An option to purge game caches on the loader after a crash would be a welcome feature if sysdevs think cache might be a problem?

Have you tried running from safe mode (options -> safe mode) in the arc launcher?
    It sounds like you're probably experiencing a conflict between DirectX and your graphics card for STO. Safe mode (STO runs with DX9) usually solves the problem.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    Maintenance is now complete! Holodeck is unlocked
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »
    @ pwlaughingtrendy

While I will be keeping the archived list of patch notes available from the forums, we are moving over to arc postings. You can find the list of patch notes here.
    ARC has better accessibility for both posting as well as reading. Also in visibility, we've made it a policy to link to the ARC news blog when there's a maintenance scheduled.
This discussion has been closed.