test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nukara Prime & Environmental Suit

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
edited July 2015 in The Academy
I've been on and off Nukara Prime and I keep seeing folks burn up because they seem to be forgetting to turn it on. Or maybe they do not know that it needs to be turned on, I'm not sure. So here's some helpful tips and pic in case some players are looking for this info.

Step One Get an Environmental Suit. If you have 100 Dilithium you can get a "Used" one from the Dil store.

I know that most people beaming down to Nukara Prime are wearing their E-Suit, but they are still burning up on the surface (where all the action is), so...

Step Two - Click the button in the pic provided.
STO-ActivateSpaceSuit-001.jpg

If you are still dying quickly for some reason feel free to ask questions here. I, or another player, will try and help you.
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on

Comments

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I do not know about everyone else, but some times...........I like to watch my toons burn....
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Some people forget to turn the suit on. Somtimes people forget the suit entirely :expressionless: By the way, have you tried equipping the EMH mark one, then spamming hypos on nukara prime? it's quite funny.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Another hint for whether your Environment Suit is powered on or not is that the headlamp (visible from the front) is lit whenever the suit is in power-on mode.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Well, i think we all agree that the EV suit mechanics need a whole revamp. I hope someday we have it. It is all really cheap-made and too confusing for new players.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Here's a hint. If you go into your character status screen (the one where it shows all your equipment, etc) and right-click on the equipped EV suit and select "Disable Visuals"...

... the EV suit will then be invisible when your character is wearing it but it is not activated. It will become visible only when active.

Hey, can you select "Disable Visuals" on your BOFFs? It's never occur to me to try it until reading this.

• guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Here's a hint. If you go into your character status screen (the one where it shows all your equipment, etc) and right-click on the equipped EV suit and select "Disable Visuals"...

... the EV suit will then be invisible when your character is wearing it but it is not activated. It will become visible only when active.

Hey, can you select "Disable Visuals" on your BOFFs? It's never occur to me to try it until reading this.

Yes, you can. ​​
    guljarol wrote: »

Yes, you can. ​​

In a word... Cool!

In an Imoji... B)

• tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I don't really understand why people have a problem with the mechanics. There's a mission in the bajoran arc, long before Nukara, where you get a free suit and learn how to use it. Having said that, I had a couple weeks where my ISP was cutting in and out and twice I ended up burning up when I logged back in and I didn't turn it on quick enough.
    edited July 2015
    I stopped by Nukara Prime today and folks must not have gotten the word. I wasn't there long, yet there were lots of deaths do to inactive Environmental Suits. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
  • karlbarbkarlbarb Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    I like to send each of toons on Nukara at least once to burn up. I'm also very amused by the fact that your toons actually burn a little on beam down before the game realizes you landed in a shielded area ;)

Personally, I think Nukara is a clever idea. I love the fact that there's a battleground that's so hostile that it requires an environment suit to survive. It's a science fiction game, yet every other planet we land on is Earth-like in nature. Please leave Nukara as is and keep on smoking those Tholians!
    Would be nice if rep armor suits such as MACO and Dyson armor could double as EV suits.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Would be nice if rep armor suits such as MACO and Dyson armor could double as EV suits.

That will make no sense. Those are armors, not ev suits. Armors have its purpose, ev suits have its purpose. OF course, they could make changes on those items to make em act like ev suits as well, but again, it will be stupid because of course it will make no sense anymore the "need" to use an EV suit anywhere and eventually all ev suits will dissapear.

I mean, i am in favor of a re-vamp of the ev suit system (it seriously needs it), but i am not in favor of a wipe out lol.
    kittyflofy wrote: »

That will make no sense. Those are armors, not ev suits. Armors have its purpose, ev suits have its purpose. OF course, they could make changes on those items to make em act like ev suits as well, but again, it will be stupid because of course it will make no sense anymore the "need" to use an EV suit anywhere and eventually all ev suits will dissapear.

I mean, i am in favor of a re-vamp of the ev suit system (it seriously needs it), but i am not in favor of a wipe out lol.

what about adding extra versions of the armor which can double as EV suits? no reason why armor tech development has to stop as soon as they figure out something which keeps you alive.

Could be similar in obtaining method as the Adapted versions of armor.

Hmm... I just tried to sell a few EV suits gathered on Nukara Prime usually worth a few thousand in EC, but today they were worth 0 EC. Is this something new or a glitch?

Or is this SOP because my Captain just leveled to tier IV on the Rep system there?
    kittyflofy wrote: »

what about adding extra versions of the armor which can double as EV suits? no reason why armor tech development has to stop as soon as they figure out something which keeps you alive.

Could be similar in obtaining method as the Adapted versions of armor.

As with everything, there would need to be some sort of trade-off. EV suits by their very nature require more power cells, air storage bottles and CO2 scrubbers, and more powerful cooling/heating systems than suits that are not required to function in unbreathable/airless environments. They must also be sealed completely airtight, which means that forced air cooling (the easiest method of cooling) is out of the question, All of this stuff is going to add mass and bulk to any set of armor, and thus is not going to come "standard issue" for missions/personnel that wouldn't need EV suit functions. Therefore the EV version would be a separate variant that is either going to cost more Dil/Marks, or have lesser weapons protection (i.e. thinner armor to make up the mass difference).
  • jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Hmm... I just tried to sell a few EV suits gathered on Nukara Prime usually worth a few thousand in EC, but today they were worth 0 EC. Is this something new or a glitch?

Or is this SOP because my Captain just leveled to tier IV on the Rep system there?

Thats new and surely not intended but who cares about another bug :neutral:
    (most) Ground items are pretty much worthless anyway.

Thats new and surely not intended but who cares about another bug :neutral:
    (most) Ground items are pretty much worthless anyway.

Do you mean worthless for their purpose, or are you speaking in terms of EC value? :|

I assume EC value--any non-limited-time item that can be reliably acquired as a mission drop tends to sell pretty cheaply.
    As with everything, there would need to be some sort of trade-off. EV suits by their very nature require more power cells, air storage bottles and CO2 scrubbers, and more powerful cooling/heating systems than suits that are not required to function in unbreathable/airless environments. They must also be sealed completely airtight, which means that forced air cooling (the easiest method of cooling) is out of the question, All of this stuff is going to add mass and bulk to any set of armor, and thus is not going to come "standard issue" for missions/personnel that wouldn't need EV suit functions. Therefore the EV version would be a separate variant that is either going to cost more Dil/Marks, or have lesser weapons protection (i.e. thinner armor to make up the mass difference).

Fair enough, how about an "EV Suit Mode" mechanic which applies some penalty to your armor stats in exchange for EV suit protection?

• jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Do you mean worthless for their purpose, or are you speaking in terms of EC value? :|

I meant the EC value. But apart from very seldom drops of kit modules in reasonable quality or consumables there is simply nothing useful in the drop tables at all.
    I only loot the bags because mission items drop the same way :(
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    i have always wondered why my armor was not already an EV suit. I mean, we're in space, right? We might need armor, like, in space, perhaps?

However, the suits available on Nukara, as well as other locations, often have fairly good armor values. There are many versions of armored EV suits, and simply grinding the 6000exp Nukara Rep missions will offer you many opportunities to choose between them.

As for not turning it on, well, let's just say that we all aren't perfect...
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    There is a bug making the extra-EV-row not appear, then you have to use the powerbutton ("P") to display all your powers and drag the EV-Suit in your tray.​​
  • goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    You can't use the transporter pad unless the suit is active so I don't think knowing how to use the suit is the problem with burning toons in the combat zone. Not knowing how to use it could cause it trying to cross to the cave or not being able to beam down at all, so always good to review the process. :)

I've always assumed the burn-ups in the combat zone, especially those on the pad, are respawns. I only recently discovered that you respawn without your suit activated, or at least I did last week. You need to be quick to activate it as soon as you reappear.

Another thing I've almost done is to accidentally hit the suit button when trying to do something else. That deactivates the suit and I assume that would also be fatal unless you are quick to realize what's happening.

The only time I've ever had trouble with EV suits is when the suit's tray didn't show up but the suit appeared on me. I thought it was active when it was not. I've since disabled the visuals so I don't make that mistake again because sometimes it is hard to see the light.