test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crysyalline entity event

you know some of us have to work for a living it would be nice for you to give us a little more time to do the event I am working 6 & 7 days a week and sometime 12 hour days as much as I like this game the time I get to play is limited give us a break I want the cool stuff as much as the next person but I can't play every day

Comments

• Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    Just make sure you slot the reward project and you can complete it when they run the event again down the line. I STILL don't have the Hologram Conn Officer reward from 2 runs ago and only got the Antiproton Torpedo from the previous run yesterday. Eventually I'll be caught up, they provide more days than necessary to complete one reward each time.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Even if I could argue that the time given is pretty short compared to the Winter and Summer events, the thing is, you only have to log in daily for 5 minutes or less (unless the team is horribly bad) doing the normal CC queue to press the spacebar and kill the CE.
  • Options
    koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    Every time one of these events comes up someone acts as if the developers should go out of their way to schedule these events around your individual schedule. Maybe you should think about getting another job that doesnt take up so much of your personal time rather then act like a game company should stop and ask themselves...'Should we stop and check with voyager10759?'
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    There is nothing given away in this event that is crucial, there is no 'must have item.'

I'm just doing it for the Dilithium and Marks. If you don't have time to do it, don't do it. The larger events with bigger prizes like the Nandi, Sarr Theln, etc have all had at least twice the amount of days required. The CE Event isn't one of them, it's just a fun thing to do. If you don't have time, then just skip it.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    You only need to do a 5 minute mission 14 days out of 21 days. If you have time to post here you have time to spend 5 minutes. Or slot the project and finish it next time.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    you know some of us have to work for a living it would be nice for you to give us a little more time to do the event I am working 6 & 7 days a week and sometime 12 hour days as much as I like this game the time I get to play is limited give us a break I want the cool stuff as much as the next person but I can't play every day

funnily enough I work 6-8 days over a 9 day stretch and always at least 12hrs a day, if I can find the time each day to do this event with 6 characters and still find time to watch a movie after you should have no problem.
    especially as you have 7 days over the top to complete the main mission or reap the bonuses as I will.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    im not even bothering with this crystalline event. its not worth the effort this time.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    im not even bothering with this crystalline event. its not worth the effort this time.

though I agree the "main prize" is not that great it`s worth it for the dilithium & marks imo, how can you turn your back on 64k of dilithium.
    add to that the marks that can also be exchanged for dilithium and that's before you factor in the marks you get each day when you run the mission itself, you will wait a long time for any other thing with such a high total payout.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

though I agree the "main prize" is not that great it`s worth it for the dilithium & marks imo, how can you turn your back on 64k of dilithium.
    add to that the marks that can also be exchanged for dilithium and that's before you factor in the marks you get each day when you run the mission itself, you will wait a long time for any other thing with such a high total payout.

Yep, that's why I'm doing it. Easy money.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    CCA Payout during Event:

Main reward Dil: 50.000 Dil
    Main reward Marks: 250 = 2500 Dil
    Advanced PvE Dil Rewards/run: 720 Dil -> 14 runs = 10080 Dil
    Advanced PvE Mark Reward/run (including daily & optionals) 130 -> 14 runs = 1820 Marks = 18200 Dil

Total: 80780 Dil/character

Total/run breakdown (advanced): 5770 Dil

Average match duration in DPS or fleet channel (incl. waiting time in lobby): 3-5 minutes

Dil/minute: 1154 – 1923 Dil

That’s hard to beat elsewhere in STO for the time being.

I play the event with nine toons and also have a full time job, girlfriend and offline friends which hate STO. It’s 27-45 mins for me/day. I also consider it fun because my 9 ship builds simply are and I’m not doing it alone.

The event will reward me with ~0,73 Million Dil

Cheers.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    orionburstorionburst Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    CCA Payout during Event:

Advanced PvE Mark Reward/run (including daily & optionals) 130 -> 14 runs = 1820 Marks = 18200 Dil

Average match duration in DPS or fleet channel (incl. waiting time in lobby): 3-5 minutes

I play the event with nine toons and also have a full time job, girlfriend and offline friends which hate STO. It’s 27-45 mins for me/day. I also consider it fun because my 9 ship builds simply are and I’m not doing it alone.

Cheers.

Shh, keep it quiet or it'll get nerfslapped next time!​​
    344qvwl.jpg

I'm an Arc user? Yeah, right..I'd rather eat a chainsaw, blade first
  • Options
    orionburst wrote: »
    CCA Payout during Event:

Cheers.

having said that doesn't it show what a difference a good incentive makes to get players queing for this mission, perhaps cryptic should take a long look at the rewards for other qued pve missions and see if they can make the rewards for them more attractive to players, wouldn't it be great to see the ques buzzing with activity again.

• Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    having said that doesn't it show what a difference a good incentive makes to get players queing for this mission, perhaps cryptic should take a long look at the rewards for other qued pve missions and see if they can make the rewards for them more attractive to players, wouldn't it be great to see the ques buzzing with activity again.

Yeah there's not a soul doing Bug Hunt and that used to be one of my three go-to queues (infected space, khitomer ground, bug hunt). It was easy, fast and rewarding.

That could be because everyone is queueing CC though. There's hundreds in the queue + playing at any given time.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

money is not a concern to me, im not held to the idea of greed. so appealing to that side of me was never going to happen. if the day comes when currency is abolished, i would hapily burn those paper notes.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User

Yeah there's not a soul doing Bug Hunt and that used to be one of my three go-to queues (infected space, khitomer ground, bug hunt). It was easy, fast and rewarding.

That could be because everyone is queueing CC though. There's hundreds in the queue + playing at any given time.

Cannot speak for anyone else, but lately the lag in bug hunt was getting beyond ridiculous.
    I tried to move, had to wait a few second, moved again, waiting. After a while you get sick and tired of it.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    money is not a concern to me, im not held to the idea of greed. so appealing to that side of me was never going to happen. if the day comes when currency is abolished, i would hapily burn those paper notes.

I'd rather you posted 'em to me. In fact feel free to post me anything with the Queens head on...

Except the Queen obviously, she would't fit in the postbag.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    Some day in a few years I will have the Zepheram Cochrane Shotgun!!!!
  • Options

problem was the ques have been pretty quiet for a long time even when there is no special event running.

• Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    There is nothing given away in this event that is crucial, there is no 'must have item.'

I'm just doing it for the Dilithium and Marks. If you don't have time to do it, don't do it. The larger events with bigger prizes like the Nandi, Sarr Theln, etc have all had at least twice the amount of days required. The CE Event isn't one of them, it's just a fun thing to do. If you don't have time, then just skip it.

Absolutely i'm doing it for the dil mainly and its also an easy alternative to farming Iconian Marks for the mo. By the time the event ends i will have enough marks across my acc for both space and ground sets and probably some left overs to convert for more dil
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Cannot speak for anyone else, but lately the lag in bug hunt was getting beyond ridiculous.
    I tried to move, had to wait a few second, moved again, waiting. After a while you get sick and tired of it.​​

That happens to me in CC too, mostly at night EDT. Sometimes it's so bad the entire instance seems to freeze (even though I can still hear things going on) and I have to kill the process.

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter

I've already made way more than 64K dil off this event and we're only on day 6. The main prize is worth it if you run ground PvE maps.
  • Options
    koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Especially considering how expensive the Trait and Research Unlocks are with the new Fleet Holding. Im going to be grinding for months to get everything I want (Embassay Consoles, Research Unlock, Ship Trait Unlocks, Space/Ground Reputation Unlocks etc.) and I have quite a few 25k Fleet Credit Pools.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    orionburst wrote: »
    CCA Payout during Event:

Cheers.

Lol ok, here we go…

Dear Captain GEKO,

I hereby formally request that you nerf the payout for next Crystalline Cataclysm event. As you may have noticed ~1k Dil/min are enough to make players, even long term off-liners, log into your horribly broken game.

I can provide you with similar Dil/time breakdowns for other activities in STO. Please note in advance that an income below 0,5k Dil/min result in a rejection of the endgame contend as far as the average STO player is concerned.

Perhaps its time to settle on some more appreciated, equally distributed, rewards throughout the game. Or are event payouts to temporarily tune game participation that important to the business you run?

“Queued PvE maps are not worth the effort” is the burden of your best expansion ever. Unfortunately it’s the only endgame contend this game has. The rest can’t even hold up to 2,50 € smart phone apps. Curious if it’s enough to justify ship purchases of dull looking Tier 6 crafts in the future.

Respectful, or what’s left of it

- Connor

Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated