test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please let lower fleets buy at higher armada member shops

What I mean is, we should be allowed to visit our Armada members bases and purchase from their facilities using our own provisions, especially fleet starships. It would really help out those smaller fleets and make a good argument for why to join an armada in the first place.​​
star_trek_idic_facebook_cover_by_athdaraseleya-d6hri4e.jpg

The D in IDIC doesn't stand for discrimination, and neither does this poster.

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    Excluding the starships really hurts, and it would be nice to not need an invite to Armada mates bases.​​

It would defeat the point of leveling your own fleet, wouldn't it?
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Excluding the starships really hurts, and it would be nice to not need an invite to Armada mates bases.​​

I was thinking the exact same thing. :) Although this is de facto already the case for getting a Fleep map invite to the store (sans access to the shipyard). In that sense, they might as well go all the way... 'for parity.' :wink:
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

I was thinking the exact same thing. :) Although this is de facto already the case for getting a Fleep map invite to the store (sans access to the shipyard). In that sense, they might as well go all the way... 'for parity.' :wink:

You use your own fleet's provisions when you buy something from another fleet, unless you want a ship, in which case, you have to join the other fleet and use their provisions. When that happens, most of those fleets will charge a fee in EC because you're using their provisions and have contributed nothing to them, yet want to use their provisions.

And yes, taking away motivation from members of lower level fleets to actually do the work necessary to level their own fleets is not exactly the greatest thing since the invention of air conditioning.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    i think it would be pretty cool if when somebody visited their holdings, said holdings were unlocked to match the highest-tiered fleet in the armada.​​
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    Yeah, there are ways around it... being invited to the holding and such...

I do, however, agree with the OP it would be nice if it were more convenient in some way... either by traveling to another fleets holding (sans invite requirement), or some "Armada" holding that has (as tehbubbaloo suggests) has the items unlocked at the highest tiered fleet's level. You still need individual provisions and such...

I see the point that it lessens the "drive" for the developing fleets to work on advancing their own base... but only to a point... NOP Public Service has been online for sometime... and still see people working on their fleet holdings... All members of the Armada I am in know that they can request invites to one of the 2 T5 fleet holdings, and yet are still active developing their bases.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....