test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This Tier 6 Ship is yours to keep!‏ (Elite Rewards!)

Comments

• Options
    diggingcrumpetdiggingcrumpet Member Posts: 88 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    Hmm, a little disappointed I wasn't included in the freebie...been here since day dot and have spent hundreds of dollars here over the years. Oh well, doesn't matter, I am happy Cryptic are trying to bring back dormant players, I really hope it pays off for them, for all of us!

What was the criteria, anyone know?
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Hmm, a little disappointed I wasn't included in the freebie...been here since day dot and have spent hundreds of dollars here over the years. Oh well, doesn't matter, I am happy Cryptic are trying to bring back dormant players, I really hope it pays off for them, for all of us!

What was the criteria, anyone know?

As far as I know, it was random. I've heard of folks who have been here since beta (myself included) receiving the reward. My husband didn't get one and he's been around as long as I have, and he plays about as much as I do, now.

My code didn't even work, so I'm a bit annoyed about that, but, eh, what can ya do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    So let me get this straight. I have been playing on and off for a couple months (played heavily for years before that) and haven't gotten to level 60 (dragging my feet or whatever). Someone else who started the same time a I have however but hasn't played in 6+ months and is still on level 50 just gets an email and hops on and now can skip all the way to level 60 and gets a free ship. Sounds more like rewarding players for not bothering to log on.

Yep. And even more annoying because if I had a level 60 (highest is 55.5), I'd be more interesting in playing the game even if it's just for story purposes. If I had 60, I could catch up on the story missions (even if it's one char).

I even have a lifetime account that started when f2p first went live (Played before then on a different account). I think the wording is the worst part. "Elite rewards for veterns" made me think "Oh, they added something for lifetime accounts?". Not "We threw a ship and levelup at random people, mostly inactive."
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    tsire wrote: »
    For some reason I keep getting an invalid message when I input my code...anyone else having this trouble?

Yeah, my wife and I have been here since beta, while I didn't get a code, she did, however when entering it, it is telling her its invalid too.
  • Options
    aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    What ship are you talking about?
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    the thing that bothered me is the wording, I know it probably sounds dumb but "Elite Rewards for Veterans like You!" if the returning players are going to claim the shinies play for a couple of weeks and the quit then no.... Veterans like You we defiantly don't want.
    add to this the line "As a thank you for your support" well no.... they have shown no support to the game unless they have been playing every day.

if it had said "Elite Rewards for lapsed players like You!" and "in the hope of your renewed and continued support" then yes I would have been fine with that.

Yes the wording was strange if this is aimed at enticing people back into the game. I got the email (and thank you very much Cryptic peoples, much appreciated) however it seemed to be worded for players LIKE me with phrases like "as a thanks for your support" etc. So I took the email on face value. Has it been confirmed anywhere that this was meant for inactive players? If it was then the database needs work!

The ship, by the way is account bound, or at least it was for me. The spec points however where character bound.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    The ship, by the way is account bound, or at least it was for me. The spec points however where character bound.
    Does account bound mean that you get a box containing the ship, and you can transfer that box to a different character? Or do you mean it's an account unlock?​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    Does account bound mean that you get a box containing the ship, and you can transfer that box to a different character? Or do you mean it's an account unlock?​​

Account unlock, sorry I should have been more clear. I found that I could claim it again on another character from the promotions tab.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Does account bound mean that you get a box containing the ship, and you can transfer that box to a different character? Or do you mean it's an account unlock?

Account unlock, sorry I should have been more clear. I found that I could claim it again on another character from the promotions tab.
    Ah, nice. At least if you like the ship. Or its trait. ;)​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Ah, nice. At least if you like the ship. Or its trait. ;)​​

Too be honest I'm having too much fun with the Arbiter at the moment. I hadn't even thought of the Andromedas trait lol :)
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    sallazarraze:

"Did you get the free Ferengi ship from the summer event? Or the free Kobali ship from the anniversary event? Or the free Breen carrier from the winter event? If so, that's $90 worth of free ships that other players will never get."

With your examples cited I have gotten/earned all those ships but one: the three Breen, the two, now banished, Risans, & the Kobali ship & a few others from years past. I did not however get the newest Ferengi event ship ... you know why??? I didn't partake in the activities to earn it even though I could've.

sallazarraze, mustrumridcully0, & others with similar mind-sets present logic whereas I should receive the newest Ferengi event ship even though I didn't participate nor contribute. I simply disagree with that side of the issue.

I definitely disagree with the poor implementation of this unbalanced offering even if it had the best intentions. I also still do not like that they banished the Risan ships LOL.

• Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It's so Cryptic to reward one half of its player base while saying fu to the other half. :D

I don't think we're talking about 2 equal groups here, which is what a half is.
    Whatever the actual numbers are closer to, it's another amusing gaffe from Cryptic.
  • Options
    cem3212 wrote: »
    sallazarraze, mustrumridcully0, & others with similar mind-sets present logic whereas I should receive the newest Ferengi event ship even though I didn't participate nor contribute. I simply disagree with that side of the issue.

No, that is not my "logic":
    My "logic" is that people that don't play the game miss out on a lot of cool stuff for the game.
    When they come back, they will not have that stuff, and they have a lot of catching up to do (and some things can't be caught up to anymore). That can be quite daunting and it might actually dissuade people from even trying.
    Giving some of them a ship and 10 spec points might make it seem a bit less unsurmountable, but even if not - it would be a shame to let it go to waste, and that might be enough motivation to try anyway.

The fundamental thing about this is - that it's a promotion. It's a gift. No matter how hard you argue - no one is entitled to a gift, no one "deserves" a gift, be it through action or inaction. And not getting a gift also doesn't mean that you're somehow a lesser person or not appreciated. It just wasn't your turn this time.

Or rather... it wasn't your turn this time for that particular gift. If you were around for the giveaways, you had your chance to get a gift, too.
  • Options
    kranfordtbutcherkranfordtbutcher Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    The gifts to bring back old inactive players, from what I hear, is nothing new. A friend of mine got it just last night. I'm not going to complain about it. My activity has already been rewarded for playing this game. The ship and level jump are carrots, pure and simple, and my stomach is too full right now to worry about extra carrots other people are getting. Instead of being angry at what you didn't get, be glad about what you have right now. Should we be like this every time someone gets a lockbox or promo pack ship?
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I wonder if those codes can be sold, or if they are tied to that particular account?
    Cryptic wouldn't make them universal codes, would they?
  • Options
    It's interesting to me that on a micro-scale of let's say Special Task Force missions in-game there are consequences, at least there are suppose to be, for not participating & trying to soak-up rewards from others' efforts. PWE/Cryptic has stated that they even frown upon such activity.

With this current Crystalline Entity event if I didn't complete it 14 times should I get the same amount or more of a reward than a player that did participate & contribute?

The significant difference between this whatever you want to title it: gift, promotion, giveaway, etcetera is that only those selected by whatever criteria that wasn't disclosed were given the opportunity.

Most, if not all, the other opportunities that have been given as examples everyone had a chance at. Is it a good concept to try to lure former players back? Absolutely!

Here's a simple question: Why does that attempt need to be exclusive to former players & not include current players?

One thing I've learned throughout PWE's take-over & Cryptic's current trends through the years is that this is probably a done deal for us left without.

Those T6 ships aren't cheap & earning enough exp for 10 Specialization Skill Points takes awhile.
  • Options
    i8myhelli8myhell Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    "Here's a simple question: Why does that attempt need to be exclusive to former players & not include current players?"
    Asked by cem3212 above in the thread is a great summation of how this is wrong. It COULD still benefit those players no longer playing if they felt this was a nice enough incentive to return to STO & yet still HELP current playing players. The only part of the offer I would've thought was smarter to expand upon was not ONLY make it a Fed ship but offer the choice of Fed, KDF, or Rom for any players that have no Fed characters. I'm sure statistically those are rare though.

• Options
    x1c3c0ldxx1c3c0ldx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Never got a single email, played for years, spend cash.
    WqFWUHg.png
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'll be honest here... my subscription just ended in another game so I'm not necessarily obligated to any particular game at the present. That being said it would be nice to have been included in these rewards. As others have said, it would be great incentive to get people back to playing the game. However, truth of the matter is, I was excluded despite how I have supported the game in the past. It seems like anytime anyone wants to get a straight answer on this unfair practice ,subsequently, people who just must be simply bored or are fixated on some other facet have to muck it up with fruitless, meaningless, and just plain frivolous speculation. Which, that in itself, just breeds it more to the point where it's no longer apparent that anyone is even concerned, despite the contrary being true.
    Bottom-line, I'd like to be included like as though my contribution and "support" means something... because thanks to the way the game has progressed it no longer means anything to me but a wasted investment. Moreover, if you are content with how things are and just simply disagree with me, than don't even bother arguing. That's not why I'm here.
    signature.png
  • Options
    neteru3neteru3 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    From cem3212 & or i8myhell:

"Here's a simple question: Why does that attempt need to be exclusive to former players & not include current players?"

I would definitely like them or anyone to answer that question and explain what harm that would have caused by including everyone with this "gift".

I did not receive this email but I would have really liked it & it would have helped a lot!

I did get that first time buyers bundle awhile back & it is a pretty good bundle, but then again everyone was notified about that opportunity just like all the events are emailed too.

This wont stop me from playing, as long as I keep enjoying the game, but it definitely impacts my future decisions on spending money on STO.
  • Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Ahh Cryptic tut! tut!

I am happy for everyone who has the email.
    But sad for those who have not received one who wanted to.

Yet again showing that PR is not their forte.
  • Options
    deannatroi69deannatroi69 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I got this e-mail, but all I get is "Please input a valid code"
  • Options
    Did you have multiple Cryptic/PWE accounts? It might only apply to a particular account linked to the e-mail you received it on.

Otherwise, I think it might be best to ask customer support: https://support.arcgames.com/app/support_center​​
  • Options
    damienoz72damienoz72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I have been playing this game continuously since beta and not got a code. My friend got a code and it didn't work.
    Come on Cryptic get it together please.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User

Was there a time limit on entering the code, might have been a limited time thing, maybe it was only available for a certain number of days ?
    Other then that try sending in a support ticket.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    chaseling94chaseling94 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    ive been playing since the romulans were released. ive put god knows how much money into the game. and im active. so why am i (the group that are the same as me) not being rewarded. i even have lifetime which i got during one of their offers. soo... crypic. a lil gratitude thank you.
  • Options
    ive been playing since the romulans were released. ive put god knows how much money into the game. and im active. so why am i (the group that are the same as me) not being rewarded. i even have lifetime which i got during one of their offers. soo... crypic. a lil gratitude thank you.

Because it's an attempt of getting lapsed players back so they spend money on the game, ideally in addition to you.

Think about how much Dilithium a player coming back after a long time of absence will need to spend to upgrade all his new Andromeda (if he even wants to use that ship) gear (considering cruisers have the highest number of upgradeable item slots, thanks to the only class of ship with 8 weapons). How easily he will be tempted to just exchange some Zen for Dilithium. And once he got those 10 spec points - he needs plenty more to complete just one specialization, how long will it take him?
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User

You didn't get any of the three free t6 ships from the past year? Or the choice of three other free t6 vet ships LTS get?

Or the dozen or so free 500z respec tokens you get on every single toon as LTS?

Or any of the free spec points offered every week for months now from FEs?

Stop acting like this.
    Or the free spec points and ship slots from last week, or the event Dil rewards, etc, etc....
  • Options
    A major difference between all the previously mentioned opportunities in-game that some people keep ignoring & glossing-over is that this one particular promotion wasn't afford to any & all, but only select players which the criteria was never disclosed.

I would've gladly accepted a free T6 ship & experience worth 10 Specialization Skill points, but apparently I play too much???

This question, which I posted previously, exposes the simplest difference: "Here's a simple question: Why does that attempt (this offer) need to be exclusive to former players & not include current players?"

Having this offer to entice former players back to join STO would've still been good if it was also offered to current players. PWE/Cryptic has a system already in place to communicate such events with emails. Those same emails that inform us all, former & current players, about such events that we all either choose not to participate in or we partake & enjoy. This was just poorly implemented with little regards towards the whole player-base.

PWE/Cryptic does what they want though, right or wrong, & I just used one of my own quotes in this post so it's beginning to feel like a recycled conversation. It wont be the end of things, but it definitely doesn't inspire my trust for PWE/Cryptic.

Like I cited in an earlier post, maybe at the end of this Crystalline Entity event PWE/Cryptic will decide to reward all players the same reward for fourteen times completion regardless whether you participated or not. :-)