test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Diplomatic xp?

aerous77aerous77 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited August 2015 in The Academy
I wanted to pursue a career as an ambassador. However according to wiki, " none of the system patrols reward DXP anymore".

How sad.

Is there any concrete way to gain DXP other than doff missions?
“The miracle is this - the more we share, the more we have.” ― Leonard Nimoy.
Post edited by aerous77 on

Comments

• brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    DOff assignments.
  • aerous77aerous77 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    is there a guide for doff assignments?
    westmetals wrote: »
    Once you reach level 10/11 or so, there should be a button (previously grayed out) that becomes available under the center of your minimap that leads to the doff assignments screen. I don't recall if there's any sort of tutorial on how to use it.
    A guide, a walk-through. Not a tutorial.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    There is no optimum strategy for DOffing. You choose from the available missions, assign the appropriate DOffs, rinse, and repeat.

I personally like to assign colonists to the various Nebula Chains as they become available and return to DS9 often to acquire the various Bajoran and Dominion commodities to complete the chain assignments applicable to those goods you can only acquire from the Ferengi Trader on DS9. Otherwise, I watch my Overview Tab and pick the highest CXP assignments available to bring my lowest scores up to par with the rest. I am also on the lookout for good DOffs which can be acquired via the DOff Assignments, which is why I grind the Chain Assignments hard. Many of these have a blue and/or purple DOff as the final assignment reward, such as the famous Purple AlAurian Bartender or the Purple Caitian/Borg Technician.

One note: Get six Research Lab Scientist DOffs to grind the R&D assignments on the last tab of your DOff page. White ones will serve as well as any other, and Purple RLS DOffs can cost over 2 million EC on the exchange, so unless you have a significant hoard of EC banked, you won't be able to buy that many Purpe ones. You only need to get additional RLS DOffs as you open up new slots for R&D projects, but if you focus on following the directions to open the next slot it does not take long to have them all open and grinding away on R&D. The very last assignment on each school of R&D is a 6000exp Research assignment which is useful for improving your level in each school, but it does not waste resources creating items you do not yet need.

You should always look at the R&D assignments first when you open your DOff Assignments page to see if they are complete before assigning DOffs to any other mission, because your RLS DOffs will accidentally be used for other assignments and when you look at your R&D page you won't be able to find RLS DOffs to get them going. I am told that grinding to Level 15 in any school is the optimum choice before beginning to craft items of that school, but I am not a crafting expert; I am merely an expert at grinding DOff Assignments.
  • nevergonnanevergonna Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This guy on youtube, Parallel Universe Gaming makes very good guides and has one for Diplomacy commendation ranks as well. https://youtube.com/watch?v=BDERyVQ3Vo4

Sorry, I posted this in mid-conversation without reading the original post, as far as I know, only a few introductory missions give about 100 Diplomacy Xp or so.

Considering the new season 11 "A New Dawn" is about reviving exploration and diplomacy, hopefully there will be a revamp to old commendation systems. Also, you can buy a "Consultant" duty officer that will increase your commendation XP earned by 2-4% depending on quality, in my opinion only the uncommon duty officers are worth the price, they give 2%.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    There still is that "one off" mission on Sierra 39 where you have to talk to the ambassadors and get that deal to go through. I also think that the "first contact" missions might still be around, but you need Diplo T3 to even see them.

Otherwise, it's DOffing all the way. Fortunately, Diplo XP is available from the conveniently labelled "Diplomatic" missions available from most sector blocks and your first officer.

I won't say that the rewards for each and every of the missions "may be worth" the investment(s) necessary to run them, and I know my primary roster is still laden with diplomats and their security guards from when I ground diplo like a madman to hit T4 on my main...

Also, there is no "career" as a diplomat. You get to use your diplomatic prowess to bypass the Rommie guards in "mine trap", and you can wear a lovely "ambassador" title over your head. Otherwise, you're the same "gunboat diplomat" as Shon...​​
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    Thanks for all your replies.
    edited August 2015
    nevergonna wrote: »
    This guy on youtube, Parallel Universe Gaming makes very good guides and has one for Diplomacy commendation ranks as well. https://youtube.com/watch?v=BDERyVQ3Vo4

Sorry, I posted this in mid-conversation without reading the original post, as far as I know, only a few introductory missions give about 100 Diplomacy Xp or so.

Considering the new season 11 "A New Dawn" is about reviving exploration and diplomacy, hopefully there will be a revamp to old commendation systems. Also, you can buy a "Consultant" duty officer that will increase your commendation XP earned by 2-4% depending on quality, in my opinion only the uncommon duty officers are worth the price, they give 2%.

"increase your commendation XP earned by 2-4% depending on quality"

Great tip thanks