test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starbase Praetorian - An Invitation

warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Captain's Table (RP)
In February, the 26th Fleet made it a point to attend the RP Roundtable. We were pleased to see so many role players there supporting this great hobby, being passionate and generating ideas amongst the community. One thing that we noticed, that we've all contended with, is the amount of grief we have for being role players. This isn't anything new, it's been a constant in all MMOs, despite the term MMORPG.

So, our answer to this dilemma is simple. Provide a setting where role players can interact together without fear of griefing and harassment, open up the 26th Fleet's headquarters to the general public.

How does one gain access to the base? Simply send an IC docking request in the SB381 comm channel and one of our members will grant you permission to visit the base. Please see our FAQ at the bottom of this post for further information; and please any questions or concerns, see our staff. We want to make Praetorian a welcoming and enjoyable experience for

We look forward to role playing with you all in the very near future!

Regards
Corris Sprint
Guild Leader

1267558.jpg

Commodore's Log, Stardate 91146.76

It has been four weeks since I have been to Praetorian. Spending the past month evaluating Task Force Avalon on their daily patrols in Tau Dewa has been tiresome, but essential; it's been our main focus to ensure we provide a safe area of space while the Romulans colonize their new home world, mol'Rihan. We have faced difficulties at every turning point, but always found a way to over come them. I am proud of those who serve with me. They have proven themselves time and time again.

So much as changed in these past four weeks. I have had the privilege of being here since day one, when the 26th was assigned to this station. On arrival it was nothing but an empty docking station, barely able to support a fleet of ten ships. Now look at it. It's the main staging area in the Neutral Zone. The station itself has grown exponentially since we first arrived. Not only has the station itself grown, but so has the 26th Fleet. It seems like it was only months ago we were a small group of Federation officers, trying to make a difference out here.

As I enter the main level of the station, it's bustling with people. Although we are in a war zone, the atmosphere is surprisingly energetic. There seems to be dozens of people at the bar socializing with each other. It would appear that the station is not just a staging ground in the Neutral Zone, but a hub for those passing through, trading stories, sharing a drink or simply making new friends. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering the growth Praetorian has seen this past year.

The interior of the station has remained clean and welcoming. The added decor through the main level allows for the station to be more inviting to new travelers stopping in. By the looks of the inside, you would never guess Praetorian was used primarily as a war front station, constantly under siege from opposing forces.

As I walked through the halls to my personal quarters, I was always greeted by the friendly staff. No matter how busy they appeared, they seemed to make the effort to say hello, even if it was a simple nod and a smile.

All of this wouldn't be possible without the leadership we have here. Admiral Hunter and Captain Sprint have done a fantastic job taking this station from what it was, to what it is now. The fact is, the station and the fleet continue to grow on a daily basis. The leadership here, including myself, have always worked towards a friendly and healthy environment, not just for our staff, but to those who stop in, whether for business or pleasure. While we continue to focus our efforts in Tau Dewa and any other force that threatens the station and the Federation, we will always ensure that we provide a simulating atmosphere for everyone on board the station.

1267553.jpg

FAQ

Q: What sort of character is going to be welcome on your station?
A: Simply put, most. We're a guild that tries to find more ways to say 'yes' to role play, so as long as it's consistent with Star Trek canon I doubt we're going to see a problem. We're trying to recreate some of the atmosphere from Deep Space Nine, with Starfleet officers, Federation allies, civilians, etc freely roaming the station.

Q: Are we going to run into any erotic RP out in the open on your starbase?
A: No, you're not. If we see it happening we'll kindly ask that it be taken elsewhere. We're trying to generate a PG13 atmosphere on the base, adult RP should be taken to private quarters. You have your own ship interior for that. If it happens more than once we might have to think twice about inviting you back to the base for RP.

Q: Can I blow up your starbase?
A: Please don't. Like all fleets, we've worked hard to get where we are now, and would appreciate it not being destroyed by a natural disaster or a bomb. However, if you have an idea that you think other guests would enjoy, please bring it to the fleet's leaders so we can discuss it. Our goal is to make an atmosphere where all are welcome and comfortable to RP.

Q: Can I create a mini (or large) plot involving your station and fleet members?
A: Mini plots are fine and encouraged. Larger plots should be run by our fleet officers to ensure they don't contradict any established storylines.

Q: I understand that I cannot blow up your station, but can I sabotage it?
A: No.

Q: What sort of conflict can I start on the station?
A: If the conflict is 'serious' IE gun fights or similar, that will need to be worked out as a storyline with the fleet officers. If it is something like a verbal confrontation or perhaps a bar fight, then have at it but be prepared for IC consequences.

Q: How long are we permitted to stay on the station for each session?
A. You can stay as long as you want., provided there is no unnecessary drama. Remember, we want the base to be welcoming to all types.

Q: Who are your Senior Members?
A: Our senior members are here.

Q: Which members can I contact if I have a problem with someone or something?
A: See above list of senior members.
Post edited by warpedcore on

Comments

• Options
    llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello! I am the player behind Captain Rhys Llywarch of the USS Hartford. One of the things I have always thought about RP comes from the great Stan Lee. Every Comic book is somebodies first comic book. Putting that into STO RP terms everyone always has a first attempt at Rping something. When I was the recuiting officer for the 26th Fleet it was always my goal to give people of any experience a fun, shame-free place to RP. Its now my goal to continue that practice as we open up to the community. I hope you all come to visit Preatorian soon so we can enrich each other's story. Thanks!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This sounds like a very interesting idea. I'm an RPer, in-game and here on the forums, and a DS9-type place like this sounds really fun. When you say "Simply send an IC docking request in the SB381 comm channel and one of our members will grant you permission to visit the base.", does that mean by PM or a certain channel?

I probably wouldn't stick around for long, but I'd love to drop by sometime. :)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You are free to ask for an invite in the channel "SB381" Or ask us privately if you see us on. You can hit me up @Juroden
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    A bump for activity
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bump. We still want to meet a ton of new rpers.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    A bump. We have been getting alot of random Rpers visiting us. I hope you take us up on our offer soon
  • Options
    arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im interested in the idea, but im not a native english parlant, so have deficiencies in chat using past sentences.

Have any problem with that?

Im an old D&D player, and use to move in the forgothem world. The only roleplay game futiristic in my memory was shadowrun, but i dont play it too much at that time... 20 years ago.

Greetings frum Uruguay
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • Options
    doresainbanedoresainbane Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    Have been having a blast visiting you guys! Great fleet and nice Starbase!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    mQXBDy1.jpg

Previously on Star Trek: Preatorian...

The Klingon Defense Force has put all its eggs in one basket for one massive final push into Federation space in an effort to tie up this war between them. Hundreds of ships barrelling down on the one station between the Sea of Sorrows and a clear path into the Heart of Federation space. Starbase Preatorian and the Entirety of the 26th Fleet work for several weeks to hinder, slow and hurt the Massive armada coming to take them out.

ZUfOQ9Ml.jpg

Eventually the massive juggernaut of ships makes it to the Station itself and the battle began. The entire fleet and station were almost wiped out before a last chance gambit was taken and the Iconian gate that had been sitting in the heart of the Station's Lab was activated. A hole in space was opened and the entire station and surviving Federation vessels were pulled in. The Klingon Vessels were also pulled in however they did not survive the trip as easily as the 26th.

NopWPFjl.jpg

On the other side of the tear in space the Station found itself being bombarded with debris of the destroyed klingon vessels and no clue where in the Milky way or if they were even still in the galaxy. After a week of intensive repairs and looking out to the black of space to find home they finally got in contact with Starfleet Command. The station and the fleet found themselves in a dwarf galaxy just below the main galaxy disk known as the The Outback.

What is the Outback?

The outback is a dwarf galaxy, most dwarf galaxies are seen but have never been explorred because by the time we see them, they break apart and are assimilated into larger galaxies by the tidal gravimetric forces. The Dwarf galaxy is contained in a bubble of the galatic barrier that created Gary Mitchell. Scans never revealed the threshold to contain a dwarf galaxy, because somehow the anomalies hiding and preventing it from being explored, were so powerful that the gravimetric forces distorted any sensor scans inward and reflected it back inconclusive. Starfleet does not believe this "gateway" to the Outback is natural. It is believed the Iconians could have created it as a "backdoor" to and from a captured dwarf galaxy they may have used as an incredible base of operations. Dark matter in heavy amounts, hold a dwarf galaxy together. They orbit our galaxy below it';s core disc. The outback is a unique phenomena because not only has it remained stable, but it's orbit has been"anchored" to line up to a wormhole acting as a doorway, to the Alpha quadrant via New Australia space. The key thing discovered is the valuable commodity in the Outback is Dark Matter. There has never been a more abundant and rich amount accessible in history until now. The locals take it for granted, it allows almost fuel and energy sources in abundance, but the technology to refine and capture it is limited to the races who managed to figure out how to reverse engineer the right equipment and make it useful. Ferengi have begun to come to the outback in hopes to trade for Dark matter and dark matter technology.
    The outback has itis believed not even half the amount of stars as the milky way, therefore the amount of life inhabiting systems will be expectedly much smaller.

180px-Iconian_Concept.png

Some of the Strange Aliens of the Outback
    0i3VnhS.jpg

The Wrathen are a Tholian offshoot race apparently subject to capture and experimentation by the Iconians. Highly aggressive and possessing advanced dark matter weapons and a very complex defensive "cloud" of dark energy that seems to re direct incoming attacks as if a portable rift that the weapons fire into and not actually a shield system that can be weakened or damaged directly.

The War Monks are am ancient race on par with the Iconians technology and were at war with them thousands of years ago. There is no evidence they still exist, worlds encountered have some natives who worship them as gods, and ancient defenses left behind have triggered attacks on 26th Fleet ships.

The Nua are a powerful, but reclusive species residing within this dwarf galaxy. Although possessing great scientific curiousity, they have little desire to expand, and do not control any colonies or star systems beyond their home. However, numerous automated outposts are scattered throughout the region.

YethHead_zps001ef8b1.jpg

The Yeth Collective

The Yeth appear as a race of bipedal humanoids but are in fact parasitic worms. Their hosts are nominally sentient, roughly equal to cro-magnons, but all the technological advancements are due to the highly intelligent parasites. Children are bonded with a worm once they are beyond the toddler stage in their development. Culturally, they are driven by social pressures to be dominant in any social setting, and every pursuit imaginable - from military to science to the arts - is a battleground of fierce proportions.
    iuZQqka.jpg

There are many race who seem to have reverse engineered Iconian and war monk technology to a degree over millennia, and have made use of it to defend themselves or prosper.

The Dyson Sphere...
    FDl7iNu.jpg

In the perfect center of the Outback lays the Dyson Sphere. It is unknown at this time what effect the sphere has on the area but the massive amounts of energy the Structure puts out tells us that it is an essential part of the "ecosystem" of the dwarf galaxy. Weather it stops the bubble from popping or keeps the galaxy in a stable orbit has yet to be seen.

How to Explore the Outback.

IC: Starfleet command has commandered one of the huge traffic transwarp gates near Earth and given it over to the Starfleet corps of Engineers and the scientists from Jupiter station. The details are rather technical but the yellow and blue shirts describe lining up the transwarp gate to shoot thru space into a portal near New Australia and then thru most of the Outback space to Starbase Preatorian as "trying to hit a bullet with a smaller bullet whilst wearing a blindfold, riding a horse." However they have assured us at this time that it can be done and is mostly safe.

OOC: Feel free to join the fleet itself! Check us out here at http://26thfleet.enjin.com/home Or hit us up in the channel SB381 for IC and OOC permissions to come visit us in the great old Outback. If you have any questions at all someone will be there to answer it for you. Come get back to some classic star trek. Exploring the great unknown!

euNAzeU.jpg
  • Options
    rcastillorcastillo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    STAR TREK: PRAETORIAN SEASON 4

BOLD VOYAGES IN THE NEW FRONTIER

THE WAR TO END ALL WARS

At the climax of Star Trek: Praetorian Season 3, the 26th Fleet faced their greatest foe yet, a massive armada from the Klingon Empire meant to put a final end to the war with the Federation. Everything the Fleet did in preparation only managed to slow down the enemy onslaught, until Praetorian's day of reckoning finally arrived...

The 26th Fleet resorted to one final, desperate gamble. Utilizing untested science, Starbase Praetorian unleashed a powerful super-weapon against the Klingon Armada. In a flash, the epic battle that would determine the course of the Alpha Quadrant was over. Federation ships investigating the aftermath would report that there was nearly no sign of the Starfleet ships that made their last stand, nor the battle fortress that housed them. The 26th Fleet had vanished, as did the Klingons meant to bring about their end.

WELCOME TO THE OUTBACK

After unleashing their doomsday weapon, the results for the 26th Fleet were... unexpected. Firing their untested device, an enormous spacial rift was opened, drawing in Praetorian Station, as well as the ships defending her. After an initial confusion, the men and women of the 26th learned that they were indeed very far from home. Praetorian found herself within a Dwarf Galaxy outside of the Milky Way's galactic disk ? home to uncharted space beyond the Galactic Barrier, dubbed the Outback.

The Outback is home to strange new worlds, and new civilizations, the likes of which the Federation has never encountered before. The war with the Klingons may be over, but the 26th Fleet must now embrace the Federation ethic of exploration if there is going to be any hope not only to survive, but to return home.

RETURNING TO THE FINAL FRONTIER

After the initial days following Praetorian's unexpected relocation to the Outback, communications with Starfleet were reestablished. While the Federation has managed to establish temporary lanes of transit via Transwarp gates, this solution is not a permanent one. The 26th Fleet is still faced with the challenge of finding a more stable means back to known space, as well as finding means to sustain themselves over the long haul while still in the Outback.

This is where the brave ship captains of Starfleet can embrace the Federation's motto of boldly going where no one has gone before, encountering strange new worlds, and unknown civilizations in the search for a way not only for the 26th Fleet to return, but to also go forward into the uncharted reaches of space, the final frontier.

Feel free to join the fleet itself! Check us out here at*http://26thfleet.enjin.com/home*Or hit us up in the channel SB381 for IC and OOC permissions to come visit us in the great old Outback. If you have any questions at all someone will be there to answer it for you.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Greetings, from the Romulan Praetorian Guard

as a KDF Romulan, what steps would I need to take in order to contact the 26th directly? (as I have been part of an ongoing diplomatic dialogue with Vice Commander Llywarch)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    rcastillorcastillo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For Fleetwide IC comms the SB381 is a good bet to get the attention of the Fleet at large. Also going through VC Llywarch as an intermediary is still perfectly acceptable as well.

Unfortunately due to faction limitations, that might be it. KDF allied Romulans, like the KDF themselves, generally can't visit the Fleet Starbase, and venues of that nature.
  • Options
    chokopop1chokopop1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Season 4: The story so far ...

In the midst of the climactic showdown with the Klingon Armada, Starbase 381 "Praetorian" and the 26th fleet were caught in a mysterious anomaly and flung into the unknown reaches of space. Despite suffering extensive damage, the station and its attendant ships made the journey intact. The Klingon fleet did not, and save for a few survivors, now forms a large debris field around the station.

The ships of the fleet have been repaired and are commencing ongoing exploration missions in the immediate region in the search of resources to replenish their depleted stores, as well as that of the starbase. Station crews undertook salvage operations in the debris field, but the wreckage has been impregnated by dark matter. Crucial components were scrapped and quarantined as the infection spread. Science personnel soon had the troublesome particles isolated and the situation is under control, but without the salvage from the debris field, the resource situation remains critical.

However, all has not been without success! A probe finally made it through the anomaly and back to home, mostly in one piece. Starfleet soon began searching, and communications were established - laggy and unreliable, but there. Earth celebrated the news that the 26th live. The first attempts at creating a safe transwarp corridor between Praetorian and Sol were made, but the results leave much to be desired. Praetorian has been placed under quarantine until the dark matter field can be cleared and a more reliable transit corridor established.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thank you, rcastillo, I will attempt to contact the fleet at large via the SB381 comm. channel, again.
    R E M A I N

• Options
    leveslylevesly Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi all. You are all invited to a Military Ball hosted in the SB381 Diplomatic hub (aka. New Romulus Embassy

If you want to come and try out an evening of RP with the 26th we are holding a Military Ball on October the 5th. See Here for the event time and date in your timezone.

Ball will firstly consist of a memorial to those in the 26th Fleet who lost their lives over the recent months.
    Followed by the formal evening, to christen this new era for the Fleet and to provide social time for the officers and crew.

Senior Officers in the Fleet will give speeches to those attending at points during the evening.

Dress Uniforms or equivalent will be required.

To gain invites to the Embassy for the event please us the SB381 chat channel

Event Start: Saturday, Oct 5, 09:00:00 pm (GMT +1)
    Event End: Sunday, Oct 6, 03:00:00(ish) am (GMT +1)
    To: Whome it may concern

To whom it may concern,

As it may be known the 26th Fleet has recently regained permanent contact with Starfleet and are making arrangements to ensure that this continues.

They will be arranging a Memorial service for the fallen followed by a Military Ball to celebrate their safe return.

If attending this memorial and ball you are reminded that Class B or Class A Dress uniforms are required to be worn.

Also any supplies that ships attending can carry will be greatly appreciated by the fleet.

Signed,

Starfleet Inter fleet Liaison Office
  • Options
    leveslylevesly Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    4 Hours until the above event
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The Shadow Prince sends his blessings.
    R E M A I N

• Options
    chokopop1chokopop1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you haven't seen it yet, here's our guest blog.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1008471
  • Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Well, here's a bump for activity.

Don't forget to check us out on our Homepage http://26thfleet.enjin.com/home. We're always looking for new RPers to join us on the base, or to join our fleet events.

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up here, or in game @bobsled624.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Stardate 92788.95

Captain’s Log. It has been 18 hours since we managed to get the wayward Warp Coil back into alignment. It took almost a hundred of us to wrench and tear the coil back into its proper location. Luckily for us the coil was the only major issue the ship was suffering, I suppose for the hundredth time since I started this log again I must thank the Engineers of 381 for rebuilding the Hartford to be a sturdy beast yet again.

I was off duty when the attack came, kudos to my Executive officer He saw the to’duj fighters coming in on radar long before they were in attack range. The disruptor fire failed to penetrate the Hartford in anyway at all. After the 12 ships went by the shields still stood firmly at 95%. By the time the squadron of to’duj came about for a second pass I had made it to the bridge and received a quick briefing from LTC Kumar. The Hartford was nearing the Outback Dyson Sphere, I had intended to spend a day or two here to help collect data to support my theory of the Artificial nature of the Outback. I did not expect to run into anyone out here least of all Klingon fighters.

The Hartford quickly opened fire on the fighters as they made their second pass. We managed to disable three of the fighters when we saw the fighters base of operations. It was a massive Bortas size ship I was not familiar with. I will admit at this time...I do not support the Alliance between the Federation, The Klingon defense force and the Romulan Republic. How do we expect there to be peace with the Cultural change that comes with being a Federation Citizen? That is what I have always believed to be the biggest mistake after Praxis. Not making the Klingons see the error of their ways and letting them continue to live as they did. As for the Romulans….well I'm getting off track here. Klingons lust for battle, and here it was proven. I am lucky that the Ensign at Helm keeps up with the latest in ship building. The ship is called a Klinzhai Class and I count my blessings that it never saw action during the Klingon war. 27 Disruptor banks, 8 torpedo tubes and Dual cannons on the front of the ship for total orbital bombardment. It is a terrifying ship and will fully admit my heart skipped a beat as I was told the ships loadout.

I knew at distance the Hartford would never stand for more than a minute or two against that much firepower. I ordered the Helm to fly down the ships gullet. It was...very intense. Our phasers were barely making a scratch on the huge vessel. I ordered Kumar to crunch the numbers as we flew toward the monstrous ship. He managed to figure out the perfect speed to fly at to fly in between the shields as they came down to fire. We burned chemical thrusters to lose momentum. We then went wild within the shields, Firing everywhere we could. Most of the shots couldn’t really puncture the heavy armour of the vessel. But we got lucky and pierced straight thru one area on the top of the ship. For a moment power aboard the larger ship gave out and we took that as our chance to run.

I ordered the ship to enter the Dyson Sphere hoping that the other ship would prove too slow or ungainly to follow us thru. I was however wrong on that account. I can assure you that these new Klingon ships are as nimble as a bird of prey. The ship chased me thru the interior of the Sphere for two hours before one of my bridge officers suggested pulling closer to the star in the middle of the sphere. It was our hope that due to the other ships increased mass it would have a harder time escaping the gravity well of the star while we could slip away.

When we reached the star it shortly became clear that the gravity well would not be able to help us. The larger ship still harried us, I was running quickly out of ideas when we saw the Dyson sphere station hanging over the star. I ordered a personal challenge issued to the Commander of the ship. All Disruptor fire quickly ended and the Hartford had a moment to breath. A face sprung onto the Hartfords screen. The Klingon only said one thing. “Laj!” Or in Federation Standard “Accepted”

We received coordinates to beam down to the station below. Despite the protests I went down unarmed. I gave Mister Kumar the orders that if I was not back in thirty minutes he should try to escape and return back to 381. I knew who my enemy was at this point, Major General Ro’tal of House Ja’heal. During the Klingon war we had run across each other several times, I believe I caused him dishonour at least once. It made the attack make alot more sense. He beamed into the station and threw me a hefty Klingon sword. We did not exchange alot of words before the melee began. I attempted to talk him down, tell him we are allies now. He drew his disruptor pistol and said nothing. I knew what that meant. I picked up the sword and prepared to defend myself. Honour had be stained, he would try and kill me to wipe it clean.

There was not much to be said about the fight itself. He drove me back, I drove him back. Mostly he drove me back. The station however was much more interesting. It seems the close proximity of the two ships around had thrown off the delicate balance the station was in. The station began to shake itself apart as we were fighting within. Towards the end of the fight I was sweating and my muscles ached beyond belief but the General did not seem to be tired at all. His attacks were just as vicious as when they began. I found my back against the “wall” as it were. It was more a thin force field between myself and the violent energies of the star beyond. It was there the most intense fighting took place. I managed to slice him across his back once, in return he nearly took my arm off. I count myself lucky he only managed to cut into prosthetic arm.

The General was about to make the killing blow when the station lost integrity and began to disintegrate on us. We were both thrown across the room as the gravity suddenly changed on us. I landed ontop of the General and we both struggled to our feet. I gave the Klingon a kick to the chest that sent him stumbling down a hallway straight down. I hit my combadge as the room we were fighting in just moments before began to bleed out all that sunlight contained by the field moments earlier. I will put that as one of the most horrifying moments in all my years of Starfleet. I could feel the air around me bake, luckily those ancient Dyson sphere technologies attempted to compensate its failing systems and I jumped down the hallway after the General as Mister Kumar was failing to find my signal in that room. Shortly afterwards I was beamed back over to the Hartford and we made our escape as the Larger vessel clung onto the station trying to keep it from being pulled into the Star. Hopefully they managed to pull out the General. We managed to pick up the larger vessel beaming someone over so hopefully this entire incident ended with just one out of line warp coil on the Hartford. I like to think no one had to lose their life over something as trivial as Honour.

I am taking the Hartford back to 381 for a debrief and to lodge a formal complaint again the KDF. I trust those reviewing my logs will see I acted with the best interests of keeping this “Alliance” in one piece. By the way I have made a copy of this Log and had it sent to Master Chief N’toth so she can best determine the proper response to an action like this….and so she can see the type of officer I am. I have however already been informed from an old friend on Q’onos that they are already singing songs of our battle. However Starfleet PR would like to handle that is totally up to them. I am attaching a copy of the Klingon war song to this log, it was recorded at the Great Hall in front of the Chancellor. I am told that “Paradise” mentioned in the war song is the notion of a perfect fight worthy of an Epic.

Captain Rhys Llywarch signing off.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Been super busy lately. But always happy to have more people to meet.
  • Options
    caesargallenteascaesargallenteas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I absolutely love the idea of an open starbase, but... well, I have to ask: does anyone know if there's anything equivalent on the KDF side? I have a friend who'd love this, but whose main is Romulan/KDF allied.

(I have to be honest, I'm sort of new. I mean, can KDF officers come aboard in the same way? Is there a gameplay restriction, an RP restriction? I just could not find any relevant information)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I know there are one or two KDF side Open Starbases. I wish I knew who they were for you mate. If you run said KDF starbases feel free to let us know. More then happy to see KDF side RP going as well and give it a boost where we can.
  • Options
    wickian1akdjaljfwickian1akdjaljf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is this where I post to request a docking request for Star Base 381? I would love to come and visit.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Sadly not. When you get ingame add chat channel /sb381 and ask for an invite incharacter.

<C> This is USS *Blank* looking to dock

And we will shoot you an invite to our station
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I absolutely love the idea of an open starbase, but... well, I have to ask: does anyone know if there's anything equivalent on the KDF side? I have a friend who'd love this, but whose main is Romulan/KDF allied.

(I have to be honest, I'm sort of new. I mean, can KDF officers come aboard in the same way? Is there a gameplay restriction, an RP restriction? I just could not find any relevant information)

FEAR NOT BRAVE WARRIOR!

Hdrael G-14 s'Tal'Diann (Starbase G-14 of the Tal'Diann)

A KDF Open Starbase! This is awesome! Please go here and lend these good folks our support and well wishes. We'll be organizing a field trip soon.

http://tal-diann.blogspot.com/2014/06/hdrael-g-14-staldiann-starbase-g-14-of.html

Starbase Channel: SBG14

General Theme of your location: Tal'Diann is a fleet of the New Romulan Republic, allied with the KDF. Our purview is Military Intelligence, Internal Affairs, and Research & Development. We have opened one of our starbases, Starbase G-14, located in the Archanis sector of the Eta Eridani sector block, to KDF-allied RRF personnel, and KDF personnel, for R&R, resupplying, repairs, medical treatment, and other activities which can be undertaken on the starbase.

Base Website: Our fleet website is
    http://taldiann.rihannsu.org/
    or
    http://tal-diann.blogspot.com/
    and the page which discusses the starbase specifically (including its participation in the Open Starbase Project) is
    http://tal-diann.blogspot.com/2014/06/hdrael-g-14-staldiann-starbase-g-14-of.html

Any special rules you wish visitors to abide by: Listed here.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    We all know what's coming in Season 10, and it's big. Very big. It is something which will undoubtedly upset the status quo, not just for the 26th, but for the universe. Normally this goes without saying or just a minor note, but given the size of this, we wanted to make clear our plans for how the 26th is going to incorporate ourselves into it.

When Season 10 hits, the 26th's Timeline will NOT immediately zip to the end of whatever events transpire. Assume that the 26th's Timeline is set ~1-2 weeks before the events of Season 10. Over the next few weeks, we will build up the 26th's Timeline to flow into and "catch up" to the main storyline. We want to do this justice by taking our time with it, fully understanding all the events of Season 10, and writing into it accordingly.

That said, the next point goes without saying: No Spoilers Anywhere. This is just to respect those who don't have the opportunity to play it immediately. It sucks to be in a position where you feel you have to rush to play it immediately to avoid having it all spoiled for you, so I want people to respect that, and let people take their time. That goes for any details, no matter how small.

Finally, for OSB. We will almost certainly be getting people trying to RP the events of Season 10 tomorrow. We're sticking with our official stance on it for the storyline. Please make sure you the visitor understand that SB381 is still 1-2 weeks prior to the events of Season 10, and while we'll be getting there very soon, we aren't there yet as we want to do the events justice in our fleet.
  • Options
    9ci3eOg.png
    TASK FORCE AVALON
    U.S.S. RAMILLIES (NCC-92115-C)
    STARBASE 381 “PRAETORIAN”
    NCC-92115-C

TO: 26th Fleet
    SUBJ: Orders Update & Task Force Status

All,

As of 2000 hours last night, Herald forces have overrun the Sigma-X5 system, seizing control of 26th Fleet's dilithium mining and refinement facility, and our alpha site.

This was a staged withdrawal involving multiple commands over a period of forty eight hours.

Mdo3ZPm.jpg

Multiple evacuation convoys were run between Starbase 381 and the Sigma-X5 mine. While the loss of this facility is a major impediment to long-term fleet logistics, the actions of Task Force Avalon ensured there we no casualties among the Sigma X-5 Garrison, and we have secured a substantial stockpile of refined dilithium reserves that will prove critical in supplying this campaign in the immediate future.

Under the command of Lieutenant Commander Stacy Adams, the starships York, Vauquelin, Narwhal and Elysium sortied ahead of evacuation missions to launch a diversionary attack on the OL-272 system, from which the Herald fleet is staging its advance in to the Outback. Dubbed Operation: Trojan, their primary objective was to delay the Herald fleet, and while successful in this goal, all four vessels sustained damage and will require extensive repairs before being returned to the front.

Evacuations continued until 1930 hours Thursday, with the Elysium, Daedalus, Firefly, Mercy, and St. Lo completing a final extraction from the system ahead of the arrival of Herald advance forces.

Captain T'Molina has ordered that all Task Force Avalon vessels will operate at Yellow Alert until further notice.

An emergency staging area has been established at OJ-534 in sector M12, codenamed Whitesabre. The facility is equipped as a basic resupply and repair point for the Task Force, and any vessels staging to the Herald front should consider this home base for the time being. Vessels with serious damage should rotate back to Starbase 381 as required.

On the recommendation and request of several commanders, Avalon Command is authorising and ordering combat drills for all ships, to be conducted every 12 hours. It is also possible Avalon Command may assess Task Force Readyness with fleet-wide combat drills, so Starship captains are ordered to remain ready on short notice.

At this time, the main thrust of the Herald advance is to the north and south-east of Forward Operating Base Whitesabre. For reasons that we do not fully understand, the bulk of the Herald fleet has elected not to advance on our defensive positions across the centre. We are at a massive strategic deficit in terms of numbers, initiative and position - and standing orders remain for all ships not to engage the Herald fleet unnecessarily.

All ships will stand by for further deployment orders to be issued by Task Force Command in the next 36 hours. Admiral Nightmoon is coordinating with the fleet command staff to direct a counter-attack, but these orders can be expected to take some time. In the interim, our strategic objectives will be the relief and evacuation of allied, civilian population centers most directly threatened by the Herald advance, and the defence of Starbase 381.

Task Force Theirr is coordinating with Task Force Avalon through Admiral Nightmoon, and will continue to receive orders directly from Riov Ineania t'Latta.

The present state of the front line is here for your individual review.

lYNFAZP.jpg

...On a personal note, and at the risk of overstepping my authority, I feel it necessary to offer my personal thoughts.

I understand that there will be many within this command who may object to our withdrawal from Sigma X-5, and believe that we should fight the Herald fleet head-on, with tenacious spirit and stubborn resolve - that we should not take this attack lying down.

Know this: There is not a senior commander in this fleet who does not understand how you feel.

The struggle we now face here, at our home, is not a question of resolve, or a test of courage. There is no battlefield upon which we can call ourselves the equal of the Heralds. We are entering a campaign against a foe who has repeatedly demonstrated themselves to be infinitely our greater, and we are being tasked to fight them for our very right to exist.

There will come a day when we have our chance - our one, best chance - to earn that immutable right, and we will do so united, no matter what distant star we fondly remember as home, or what differences history may claim we share in bitter animosity.

Every ship, every battle, and every life counts - and it may be that our most difficult, yet most important responsibility is that we must choose where and when to yield.

Though we are vastly outnumbered, and appallingly outgunned, there has never been an aggressor in the history of warfare that has been able to use numbers to defeat a cunning foe that understands guile. When we strike the Heralds, we will do so decisively and with confidence, and we will win.

Until that time - it is our first task, and most honourable calling, to protect those who cannot defend themselves.

The 26th is the epitome of excellence. We need that of you now, more than ever before.

Yours in service,

Ly7AdOP.jpg
    CAPT A. Neraea, Starfleet
    Second Officer, Task Force Avalon - U.S.S. Ramillies NCC-92115-C
    26th Fleet