test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Completely Unplayable

After a 6ish month break, I decided to try this again.
I can't even play for more than 5 minutes before the game CTDs. This happens all the time. Nothing I change graphics wise affects this.
I submitted report after report.
Can I get a little help, Cryptic?

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Usually, you get more attention (and thus more and better help) in the bug forums.

But try to describe, in as much detail as possible what happens... Do you get any warnings or errors? What are your specs?
    Maybe someone has found a solution to a similar issue.

Such things... That will be infinity more helpful than a problem description that could potentially be caused by any of a hundred different things.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    I posted here because similar threads in the bug forum went unanswered.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    8192MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
    All drivers up to date.

All I have to do to crash is just log in, select a character, and wait. It crashes consistently within a few minutes no matter where I am. Ground, space it's all the same. I've run the gauntlet of display/graphics/sound settings to no avail. I never encountered this before I stopped playing in December.

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    Have you tried running it in safe mode?
    JtaDmwW.png
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    Did you try to force verify files upon logging in?
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    What other games are you playing? (I assume they're not crashing, but I have to ask.) I've seen crashes due to driver and bus latency. I've seen crashes because (somehow) my video card had walked up a bit in the slot. It could be memory issues in DIMMs that ordinarily aren't used because other apps don't have memory requirements high enough to require them. It could be thermal problems. Check the CPU temp, the graphics card temp, and get Dcplat (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) to make sure it isn't latency issues.

That's all I have for now.
    boldly-watched.png
  • varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

Forgot about that option. It's... somewhat playable. At least it doesn't crash. Looks terrible though. I'd rather not play in this mode if I can help it.

Yep. Did it through Steam and then twice through the launcher. Everything checked out.

jbmonroe wrote: »
    What other games are you playing? (I assume they're not crashing, but I have to ask.) I've seen crashes due to driver and bus latency. I've seen crashes because (somehow) my video card had walked up a bit in the slot. It could be memory issues in DIMMs that ordinarily aren't used because other apps don't have memory requirements high enough to require them. It could be thermal problems. Check the CPU temp, the graphics card temp, and get Dcplat (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) to make sure it isn't latency issues.

All my other games play normally. Tested and reseated RAM sticks. Latency check was all green bars. CPU temps at 45-50C, GPU peaks at 53C.

Appreciate any and all suggestions.
    :)

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    varekraith wrote: »
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

Forgot about that option. It's... somewhat playable. At least it doesn't crash. Looks terrible though. I'd rather not play in this mode if I can help it.

Yep. Did it through Steam and then twice through the launcher. Everything checked out.

jbmonroe wrote: »

All my other games play normally. Tested and reseated RAM sticks. Latency check was all green bars. CPU temps at 45-50C, GPU peaks at 53C.

Appreciate any and all suggestions.
    :)

when in safe mode roll the settings up.

It's a known issue with DX11 & 12

you will have to do this every time you play but it will allow you to play until they fix it
    JtaDmwW.png
  • koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    Its sad that the game has been in this condition for almost a year now. Come November the wide spread lag and crashes will be a year old with the DR release last year.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    This is not a bug forum and just because this gets more activity does not mean you can post what you want. Rules are rules.

/closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.