test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrating New Dawn with Giveaways

Comments

• autumnraynefyrautumnraynefyr Member Posts: 33 Bug Hunter
    There was a minor delay in getting the giveaway applied to Holodeck, but it's now live!

Our final giveaway is an additional 2 Free Ship slots for the character of your choice!

lol, thanks for the T6 Andromeda Exploration Cruiser that I cannot used on my Federation Rommie.. :p
    edited August 2015
    There was a minor delay in getting the giveaway applied to Holodeck, but it's now live!

Our final giveaway is an additional 2 Free Ship slots for the character of your choice!

lol, thanks for the T6 Andromeda Exploration Cruiser that I cannot used on my Federation Rommie.. :p

*hint-hint to people to checky their emails* (Not sure if it went to LTS or high-level Veterens or the general public, but all the same.. xD)
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

*hint-hint to people to checky their emails* (Not sure if it went to LTS or high-level Veterens or the general public, but all the same.. xD)

No e-mail here and I have been a lifetimer since the head start.
  • nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I'm very envious. But you guys paid for extra perks and I hope you like your shiny new ships. :)
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    The new ship slots is nice. I could use them. Bad part is which one to give it to?? My Fed and KDF could really use them.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    jcsww wrote: »

Maybe yours is still enqueue, but this was the email I received about 3 hours ago:
    jT1ebGI.png
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    For those who are complaining that the KDF and Romulans get nothing out of the section 31 uniform, this is false, your Kalobi Bridge Officer can use it, I have mine wearing the section 31 uniform, along with fhe seirra skirt, so she doesn't look so out of place on a KDF ship.
  • vecternalvecternal Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Thanks for all the gifts!

Suppose that you were, as 'How I met your mother' calls it, eating a sandwich and didn't see that it was once per account, would you give us the opportunity to undo the claim and give it to a different character?
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Exactly how many days of giveaways are there?

The blog says log in between the 14th and 18th but it also say the final giveaway is the 2x ship slots?

Anyone have any idea?!?!
    SulMatuul.png
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The giveaway appears to end with friday, with the last freebie being the +2 ship slots (for 1 character only).
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
    kelettes wrote: »
    The giveaway ends with friday.
    The last freebie is +2 ship slots (for 1 character only).

So that would make the info in the blog completely wrong then? As it clearly says the opposite in part of it.
    SulMatuul.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

So that would make the info in the blog completely wrong then? As it clearly says the opposite in part of it.

How are the post and blog wrong when they clearly state "leading up to the weekend".
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

How are the post and blog wrong when they clearly state "leading up to the weekend".

Because it clearly says "Log into the game on any character between August 14th at 10AM and August 18th at 10AM PDT."
    So that would indicate that the giveaway lasts until Monday/Tuesday and would therefore be 4 days.
    SulMatuul.png
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User

Our final give away is an additional 2 Free Ship slots for the character of your choice!

so, "you" put a bunch of account wide claimable on a special section, and next day, put a 1 time give away and we claim it on non important alt before realising it was claimable just on 1 alt >_>

... i needed it that on my main, instead of my alt i was levelling up ... noticed it to late ... why can't you guys make give away that don't leave a bad taste on players mouth !?
    it takes some amazing skills to TRIBBLE off players by giving free stuff ... amazing ... -.-´
  • sniperonxtcsniperonxtc Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Under which circumstances do we get the E-Mail with a free 700meters andromeda attached?
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.Much PAIN but still time.BELIEVE.There is GOOD out there.We oPpose DECEPTION.COnduit CLOSING/
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

Maybe yours is still enqueue, but this was the email I received about 3 hours ago:
    jT1ebGI.png

Hmm I haven't received anthing yet but I already own the Andromeda anyway. That being said I'm very happy with what we got. Two free spec levels for all our chars and 2 free ship slots are amazing. Thank you very much for that, Cryptic!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Two extra ship slots for one character....

Ok, I've figured out which one to give this to.

Thank you :smiley:
    szim wrote: »

jT1ebGI.png

Hmm I haven't received anthing yet but I already own the Andromeda anyway. That being said I'm very happy with what we got. Two free spec levels for all our chars and 2 free ship slots are amazing. Thank you very much for that, Cryptic!

Can I have your free one then lol
  • sniperonxtcsniperonxtc Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.Much PAIN but still time.BELIEVE.There is GOOD out there.We oPpose DECEPTION.COnduit CLOSING/
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Thanks for the 2 slots, even though I thought it was like the spec points and claimable on all characters so I claimed them on the first one in order which is my main which really didn't need 2 more ship slots.

FYI to anyone that hasn't claimed, it's once per account.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    What a sham of a giveaway!

I want a pick of 5 lockbox and promotion ships for each of my toons, plus a daily stipend of 10k refined dilithium, and you gotta unlock every costume and ship in the store, except of course for those I already bought, plus create the ship I designed with 6 hangar bays and 28 boff seats.

That would be the least you can do. Everything else is rubbish.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    Yeh, how about a GIANT NOTE AT THE TOP saying it is one toon per account and not small print at the bottom. Do you people actually think before you do these things or do you do these things intentionally to TRIBBLE off the player base?
    nimrod5 wrote: »
    szim wrote: »

jT1ebGI.png

Can I have your free one then lol

I would if I could but I doubt those people who own it already will get a free code.
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Yeh, how about a GIANT NOTE AT THE TOP saying it is one toon per account and not small print at the bottom. Do you people actually think before you do these things or do you do these things intentionally to TRIBBLE off the player base?

Look before we leap, what kind of officers do you take us for.

Sometimes you get caught up in the fun. Luckily I gave it to one of my Deltas, and I'll use it all eventually.
  • vecternalvecternal Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    What a sham of a giveaway!

I want a pick of 5 lockbox and promotion ships for each of my toons, plus a daily stipend of 10k refined dilithium, and you gotta unlock every costume and ship in the store, except of course for those I already bought, plus create the ship I designed with 6 hangar bays and 28 boff seats.

That would be the least you can do. Everything else is rubbish.

Mine has a pool:)

Some of them have got to fury rather than simple anger. They got given extra cool stuff, how can that be so bad. You'd think Cryptic stole their TV.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    nazelnag wrote: »

Our final give away is an additional 2 Free Ship slots for the character of your choice!

so, "you" put a bunch of account wide claimable on a special section, and next day, put a 1 time give away and we claim it on non important alt before realising it was claimable just on 1 alt >_>

... i needed it that on my main, instead of my alt i was levelling up ... noticed it to late ... why can't you guys make give away that don't leave a bad taste on players mouth !?
    it takes some amazing skills to TRIBBLE off players by giving free stuff ... amazing ... -.-´

Our CM's don't have total control over what is given to us. The RMC giveaway from one of the Livestreams was 1/account (and even the CM's originally thought it was an account unlock)...and this has the same limitation. Unlike the RMC giveaway, however, the Ship Slots do have a C-Store value and have always been single-character unlocks. Sure, it's nowhere near as cool as a Costume or Spec Points on an account level... but it behaves exactly like the C-Store purchase without costing any Zen. Admittedly, it being a single-character unlock is the same reason I won't buy Ship Slots in the C-Store in the first place... but it's not like they took an account unlock and limited it to a single-character without warning or explanation. The ship slots are "meh", but at least they work as one might expect.

For me... thanks for the free stuff, I'm going to go roll a twelve-sided die or something. Actually, I have one character with a lock box ship (I'm not really one for one-off purchases; even if I only plan to use an item on one character, I'd rather it be available account-wide), so I might as well use them there. Plus, he's a KDF Sci, so there's some metrics for you. :p

Hehe, looks like I've still been playing too much lately... ah well. ;)
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited August 2015
    never mind
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    Yeah, would have been nice to have this account wide, but thanks anyways. Luckily I logged into the right character that needed it.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015

jT1ebGI.png

Things like this really grind my gears and make it feel totally unrewarded for playing this game virtually every day since beta and funnelling money into it. Only to see things like that handed out to people for having gone inactive. Then as an active player I get a fancy 2 ship slots that I can only use on one of my 18 characters... So apparently loyal customers who pay and play get less interesting rewards than people who just play once then go inactive for a month or two... Good game...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
This discussion has been closed.