test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Don't need to equip a starship trait if you are flying the ship that unlocked it.

kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
Here is the idea: If you are flying a t6 starship you don't need to equip the starship trait it unlocks while you are flying it. Ie, I am flying the Mat'ha raptor. So I don't need to slot the starship trait Overwhelming Force while I fly it due to it automatically being active while flying that ship. This would give people a reason to use the t6 ships more often simply to take advantage of the extra benefit.

Comments

• psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I like this idea, would give ppl a reason to fly certain ships instead of dumping them after the trait is obtained
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    An interesting idea but will only worsen the rage between T5U and T6. Personally though I would be fine with it.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I cant see this happening, although you earn the trait through the use of a particular ship you are not obliged to use said trait on that ship you can use any four traits you care to have and use them on any ships you fly, this greatly makes up for the fact that you don't get the extra trait on your T5U ships as you can use any 4 T6 traits on them anyway as you can with any other ships you fly in fact.
    giving these traits as permanent fixtures might backfire if it turned out that you would not be able to use the traits for any other ships as a consequence, this would greatly reduce the availability of these type of traits to ships.
    alternately they could make it that the trait that the T6 ship earns is locked in as part of the 4 only allowing you to select the other 3 from your list or any 4 for ships that don't earn their own traits.

its so much better to leave things as they are allowing you to select any 4 traits for any ship you wish to fly.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    lsegn wrote: »
    An interesting idea but will only worsen the rage between T5U and T6. Personally though I would be fine with it.

An interesting idea but there are issues. Do the Fleet versions qualify, for example?
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    SO basically you want another starship trait slot for free?
  • divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    SO basically you want another starship trait slot for free?

This^

Besides we get to unlock 1trait slot of each type through the new holding. Also isn't what the OP is wanting a bug that got fixed IIRC?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    No. It would reduce the players' choice of ships by encouraging them to fly something with a good trait and ruin T5U's and fleet T6's (no trait).

And there isn't even any logical reason to "give people a reason to use the t6 ships more often" in the first place. The ship trait system is designed to get people to buy ships they'll never use just to get the traits. The purpose is to let players keep flying their favorite ships while selling more ships at the same time.