test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How stupid is .....

dragonslamrdragonslamr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Hour long bans..???

Lets see... I'm lvl 60, have nothing better to do then collect marks... best way to collect marks is PVE battles...

Get into battle ... people can't complete for what ever reason ... stay for over 40 mins ... decide to kick out ... get hour long ban...!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! ! !! ! !! ?? !?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?!? !? !? !? and 1 other person left before me....!!!!

OK FINE .. LOG OFF USELESS GAME AND GO PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME ... Maybe I come back maybe I don't ...

That makes all kinds of sense!!! I mean lets give people a reason to leave the game!!!! WOW... GOT SOME THINKING GOING ON THERE!!!

Comments

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    OP, I do not agree with your assessment of the cool down timer. That being said, you are within your right to walk away, I wish you the best of luck in your next game you decide to play.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    Yep typical of people these days .. ""Oh you don't like something, then go on get outa here""

And I am sure that you enter all PVE either with friends or fleet and NEVER end up with a team who just can't get it done. Right.. never had to sit around and wait for the hour timer ... RIGHT!!

• Options
    Yep typical of people these days .. ""Oh you don't like something, then go on get outa here""

And I am sure that you enter all PVE either with friends or fleet and NEVER end up with a team who just can't get it done. Right.. never had to sit around and wait for the hour timer ... RIGHT!!

I do not PVE anymore, I have completed all my reps for all my toons in game. Anytime I need a few marks, I visit various ground maps, or space maps, with the depth of content now in game, I personally do not have to center around PVEs. now that my fleet is in a large armada, there is less of a reason to PUG, as my armada actively runs PVEs.

It is unfortunate you are finding the game displeasing, I highly recommend find a fleet that can help increase your level of enjoyment of the game.

95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    And another typical issue with people .... You assume .. I am some newbie... ... And you assume I am displeased with the game... I am neither a newbie (with over 1900 days) or displeased with the game .. I am displeased with the way they handle PVE issues..

So, with all you just said there, .. why do you bother to say anything about something you obviously do not have any interest in nor have had for a while?!?!?!?!??????

So.... go find some other thread to troll ... please...

This is the feedback forum... I am giving feedback ..
  • Options
    And another typical issue with people .... You assume .. I am some newbie... ... And you assume I am displeased with the game... I am neither a newbie (with over 1900 days) or displeased with the game .. I am displeased with the way they handle PVE issues..

So, with all you just said there, .. why do you bother to say anything about something you obviously do not have any interest in nor have had for a while?!?!?!?!??????

So.... go find some other thread to troll ... please...

This is the feedback forum... I am giving feedback ..

Using caps and threating to quit is the incorrect way to provide feedback. With your extensive playing time with the game, you should be well versed in game mechanics when it comes to failed PVEs. My attempt to provide you with proven examples on how to increase your enjoyment of the game after I provided a more than an above average send off does not draw the conclusion I am trying to sow discord over your post. As the forums are a place to share ideas, I provide the following link on the proper format on how to provide worthwhile feedback.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/219437
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    This is why I only have 6 posts on this worthless forum ... and 1900 + days on the game .. Shove off dude I don't want your opinion.

Didn't ask for ANYONE'S OPINION!

Your attempts are worthless!!!!
  • Options
    This is why I only have 6 posts on this worthless forum ... and 1900 + days on the game .. Shove off dude I don't want your opinion.

Didn't ask for ANYONE'S OPINION!

Your attempts are worthless!!!!

It has just occurred to me that you are using the forums incorrectly, if you do not read the threads based on the condemnation to certain destruction of the game, you can find a lot of useful information. For example, your concern over the failure of PVEs in which you pug can be mitigated by the numerous examples listed on these forums, playing with teammates and friends, will serve to alleviate all the feedback you left in your original post. Every person has the ability to change their circumstances by finding the solution within, other than placing the fault on the system itself, unless the system is truly flawed, in which this case it is not.

Lastly, I am only trying to prove to you these forums have worth, despite your current train of thought in this highly emotional time.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    skollulfr wrote: »
    cidjack wrote: »
    that is a waste of time.

Nope, it isn't. Anyone who wants to give feedback should follow certain patterns. Not necessarily out of respect for the other side (though that'd be great), but also out of the offside chance that your post may change something. And anybody who uses all caps and writes
    !!!!!!!!!!!!! !! ! !! ! !! ?? !?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?!? !? !? !?

could use some props. Because regardless how the general situation in a game forum is, that is never ever going to work. And if somebody doesn't want feedback, he shouldn't write in the first place.

Also, I find it interesting how you complain about "passive aggressiveness" in your post and "fostering hostility" in your sig, and yet write dozens of passive aggressive posts which foster hostility. (And please don't use "there's nothing passive about my aggressivity" or "I am only hostile because they started", both of which lost their credibility shortly after kindergarden)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Hour long bans..???

Lets see... I'm lvl 60, have nothing better to do then collect marks... best way to collect marks is PVE battles...

Get into battle ... people can't complete for what ever reason ... stay for over 40 mins ... decide to kick out ... get hour long ban...!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! ! !! ! !! ?? !?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?!? !? !? !? and 1 other person left before me....!!!!

OK FINE .. LOG OFF USELESS GAME AND GO PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME ... Maybe I come back maybe I don't ...

That makes all kinds of sense!!! I mean lets give people a reason to leave the game!!!! WOW... GOT SOME THINKING GOING ON THERE!!!

I once had a single toon. AFK penalties sucked bad back then. When I finally decided to make a second toon, and leveled it up, I found it really nice to swap between them to keep groups running. I now have 6 toons, none are treated like alts, all are played. Some days I favor one over the other, or a play style over another, but I play all of them. Because of that, I may get bummed if I get an AFK penalty, but I switch toons and carry on.

I highly recommend that you make more than one toon, and more than one toon is leveled up and outfitted well.

If 40 minute long STFs aren't an oddity for you, I'd recommend that you do 2 more things.
    1. Make sure you aren't the problem. You might think you aren't, but you might be. Parse your STFs and look at the data. DPS needs to be reasonable or those weapon slots on your ship are wasted. Understand what to do in the STF beyond just shooting the next thing in front of you.
    2. Join a fleet and/ or make friends, and team up with friends/ fleet mates to run STFs with folks you are comfortable with. If things go bad in a STF, you are more likely to laugh about it and be less agitated when you are playing with with friends than with strangers.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    . . . when OPs title a post that means nothing?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    . . . when OPs title a post that means nothing?

QFT... I'm not even bothering to read the main post.
  • Options
    are you just trying to get your post-count up? because i have no idea what you are talking about.

When you don't understand what someone else is saying, you might want to consider the possibility that the problem is at your end. So try "sorry, I don't understand" next time - just an advice.

What I was trying to say: no matter whether the hints in the linked article will work in general or here to get people to help you, whatever it is you're doing in these last days in the forums works nowhere. Neither will it help people wanting to help you nor will it make readers sympathetic to your cause.
  • Options
    I'd like a cite for that last quote. If I sound condescending, I'd apologize, it is not my intention, English is not my native language, not even my first foreign language, which may make what I write sound more stilted than I want to. But when I read your posts, I read a lot of words like "bull****", "ideology", "mary sue wannabes" and so on. And this is pointed at other players and/or Cryptic. Also, again, in your last post you wrote something about me caring about my post count, which was clearly meant derogatory. There is a lot of passive aggressiveness in that, and it's clearly quite hostile.

Again, I am not doubting your experience to be bad. But the way you lash out you do not come over as somebody who ever wanted to engage in a constructive discussion. And even if you feel others sow hostility, you don't need to reply in kind.
  • Options
    rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    PvE in this game is working as intended, Totally broken. Players wont play them. That keeps the amount of rare and very rare R&D stuff low. It also keep the amount of dillithium off the exchange. PWE knew what they were doing a couple of years ago when they were messing with things. No one should ever have to rely on Pvt PvEs to "get things done". Most are not even that hard to do , people just don't play them. For the most part even a PvE that is four yeas old is unknown to most of the people trying to play them now. If resources were hidden behind the PvE wall it would be as dead as PvP.
  • Options
    minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    if it comes across as hostile, its because i cant be bothered treading the line of double think needed to convey the destructive influence these things have had ingame, as if they where a constructive influence.

When someone starts taking a game so seriously, they have to invoke George Orwell, it's time they quit and moved on. JMO.
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED