test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

really dissapointed about the Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought ship

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Here's the comment. From a quick Q&A. People were asking her questions after she announced the Section 31 uniform was free today. They asked her if there was a ship. She said not in this giveaway... But soon. And then she made the two comments in the screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/RWG1PGq.jpg

Says a ship is coming...I don't see any mention of anything being free and such...and if we do get some free one it will likely be some watered down one...probably no hangar or lance or sa or sst...or maybe a combo of those 4

That was in response to questioning about the current 5 day giveaway. I don't think it will be free. I think it will be an anniversary-style login event with a Lobi opt-out.

Also, I think the omission of the word "Science" is relevant.

My money is it will be T6 and it will be a non-Sci version, possibly Mirror.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Here's the comment. From a quick Q&A. People were asking her questions after she announced the Section 31 uniform was free today. They asked her if there was a ship. She said not in this giveaway... But soon. And then she made the two comments in the screenshot.

Says a ship is coming...I don't see any mention of anything being free and such...and if we do get some free one it will likely be some watered down one...probably no hangar or lance or sa or sst...or maybe a combo of those 4
    If it's like Obelisk the freebie has most of the cool gadgets but is not fleet grade. So I'd guess that the special console will be gone, and weaker stats... and that's it really.

hmm.... that comment is not exactly as originally quoted. it's:
    Something something Krenim timeship.
    Something something Annorax Dreadnought.
    TWO sentences.... hmmmm......
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

If it's like Obelisk the freebie has most of the cool gadgets but is not fleet grade. So I'd guess that the special console will be gone, and weaker stats... and that's it really.

See though, I figure they'd probably rather drive participation with another synergy. So I'm guessing new trait at least, maybe a different console with another synergy.

"Time Ship" might imply a console that can be equipped across the others.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

See though, I figure they'd probably rather drive participation with another synergy. So I'm guessing new trait at least, maybe a different console with another synergy.

Ehh the ships they give out free that aren't behind a 25 day token wall are usually bare bones no amenities.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    jim625 wrote: »
    we had free ships before

Never one people asked for.

The t5 Ambassador says hi. It was both free and people asked for it.

Immediately succeeded by a more powerful version that you could only get by buying 4 fleet modules, and had to be in a fleet to get.

Both of which, you can obtain for free, technially speaking!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    I wonder how big of a Mansion I could build just off the sales of the Delta alliance doff packs during this promotion. Lets not forget we could also buy every wounded vet a prostetic also. I apologize, that last comment was a kidney shot. Only human though, can't help but wonder.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    They should have put the ship as the CE grind event prize instead of the crystal bomb.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    They should have put the ship as the CE grind event prize instead of the crystal bomb.

Speaking of which, the stats shown in the picture for the event reward, looks soooo OP dmg wise!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    I can certainly see this thing taking on the Piloting course star system... maneuvering should be a snap!
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User

I would be happy to grind for it then pay for it
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User

But of cause it will be a lottery-prize...

[/quote]
    valoreah wrote: »
    But of cause it will be a lottery-prize...

I believe you mean "of course".

Not if its a Bostonian... then of cause it is "of cause".
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Wait, you mean that the ultimate alien doomsday device isn't going to be made generally accessible to the player base?

What an outrage! This is Halo Online, if my faction isn't totally represented by angular battle sausages then its a complete bastardization of the IP!

Hold on, I may have got something confused there. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited August 2015
    well i opened some of the promo packs and guess what NO SHIP! just a bunch of junk stupid cryptic :(
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Ok, found it:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9498333-star-trek-online:-krenim-dreadnought-promo

I see no mention of a 5-piece Temporal Set, though. Where are ppl getting that from?!

Paragraph 9

"This ship can equip either of the Consoles found on the Krenim and Zahl ships recently introduced by the Year of Hell Lock Box, and as an added bonus, the Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought can also equip the Tipler Cylinder and the Manheim Device. These universal consoles are found on the Temporal Science Vessels and Temporal Destroyers from the Temporal Lockbox and Lobi Store."

That is by far the most expensive set to assemble in the entirety of the game. It may not be as much of a problem of a longtime player that has collected all kinds of ships in this game. But anyone else, that is a super expensive set to assemble if they want "The Works." This makes the old JHDC+JHAS for the Bugship Hangar Unit look like a bargain.
    XzRTofz.gif

Ehh the ships they give out free that aren't behind a 25 day token wall are usually bare bones no amenities.

I figured they'd actually do a 25 day token wall to buy time for S11. :-)
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    I actually have the ship now... I really have yet to test out the awesome offensive capabilities of this ship like the Chroniton lance... but it's got nice pretty rainbow colors of distortion and TRIBBLE
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • zhielzhiel Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Agreed. Finally having a science ship I want to fly locked behind the DOFF gamble system is infuriating. If the same ship would be coming out for Lobi or Zen later, that'd be a different story.
    I actually have the ship now... I really have yet to test out the awesome offensive capabilities of this ship like the Chroniton lance... but it's got nice pretty rainbow colors of distortion and TRIBBLE

not fair i want one :(
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    I bought three boxes last night, I figure if I got the ship I could set Renunee up for life in EC. Sadly, it was not to be, though I did fleet credit for all the white doffs I shipped off to the fleet project mines. That was nice.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    The price of the ship just wont budge so at least we know Cryptic has learned that well designed science ships sell. My hope is they the price drops below 500mil EC before this whole thing ends. Otherwise, I'll just turn to my Ferengi ways because opportunity + instinct = profit.
  • divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    tempus64 wrote: »
    tom61sto wrote: »
    tempus64 wrote: »
    jim625 wrote: »
    we had free ships before
    It's a free to play game. You can get everything in the game for free if you work at it. Everyone likes to think that all these things are bought for real money. But the reality is that a large number of them are bought by people that have put the time and effort in to build up their dil, zen and EC balances for free.

While you may not have paid real money for it, doesn't mean that no one did. These packs can only be bought with Zen initially, you or someone else may pay EC for the pack that unlocks one of these, but they all come from a C-Store purchase being sold by another player. All Zen comes from real money, whether directly or via having Zen stipend from a being a Gold member of some sort (keep in mind that a 'Lifetime' sub costs about $200, while on sale).

Are you new to the game? No. All zen does NOT come from real money. There's this thing called the dilithium exchange where you can convert your free dil into zen. A lot of the "rich" guys that have been playing the game for a long time have stockpiles of dil that they use to convert to zen, buy keys etc, open lockboxes and then sell those ships etc. I didn't say everyone did this, I said a good portion of them do it. The reality is that almost everything in the game (aside from some of the lobi items), can be purchased in this manner. All for free.
    What he was saying is that ALL Zen on the DilEx was bought by someone for $$$. [/quote]

You think so? Ok, I give up. Carry on then... lol
    [/quote]

Edit: Quote above is tempus64

ROFL someone doesn't get it.

ALL the ZEN thats on the exchange was PAID FOR with REAL $$$.

Doesn't matter if you trade your DIL for Zen to get a "free" ship another player has bought that Zen and paid it to you for doing the grinding and refining for them.

Cryptic DOES NOT put "free" Zen on the exchange.

You really should get your facts straight before being condescending to people who have pointed out how it works as clearly as possible.

• rush105rush105 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    IF I EVER BECOME A BILLIONARE IM GOING TO BUY CRIPTIC AND THEN FIRE EVERYONE THAT MADE MONEY OFF THE PLAYERS WITH LOW DROP RATES AND IF THEY WANNA KEEP THERE JOBS THEY HAVE TO GIVE ALL THE MONEY BACK TO THE PLAYERS AND NEVER DO IT AGAIN OR GET FIRED AND THEN I RELEASE ALL THE SHIPS IN THE GAME FREE!!! STAR TREK ONLINE STOLE EVERY BUCK FROM PLAYERS AND THATS WRONG SHAME ON U PEOPLE I WILL BE LOL ING WHEN THEY ARE FORCED OUT THE DOOR IF I EVER BECOME RICH THIS IS A PROMISE captain geko i will throw u out on your TRIBBLE for BETRAYING THE STAR TREK FANS TRUST U MONEY GRUBING STEALING LIEING PRICK!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    rush105 wrote: »
    IF I EVER BECOME A BILLIONARE IM GOING TO BUY CRIPTIC AND THEN FIRE EVERYONE THAT MADE MONEY OFF THE PLAYERS WITH LOW DROP RATES AND IF THEY WANNA KEEP THERE JOBS THEY HAVE TO GIVE ALL THE MONEY BACK TO THE PLAYERS AND NEVER DO IT AGAIN OR GET FIRED AND THEN I RELEASE ALL THE SHIPS IN THE GAME FREE!!! STAR TREK ONLINE STOLE EVERY BUCK FROM PLAYERS AND THATS WRONG SHAME ON U PEOPLE I WILL BE LOL ING WHEN THEY ARE FORCED OUT THE DOOR IF I EVER BECOME RICH THIS IS A PROMISE captain geko i will throw u out on your TRIBBLE for BETRAYING THE STAR TREK FANS TRUST U MONEY GRUBING STEALING LIEING PRICK!

Let me guess: You spend a sh*tload of money on master-keys and still did not get your ship.

All you're doing with your post, is come off as a arrogant entitled kid... Release your caps-lock, learn manners and TRY to use punctuation.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Let me guess: You spend a sh*tload of money on master-keys and still did not get your ship.

All you're doing with your post, is come off as a arrogant entitled kid... Release your caps-lock, learn manners and TRY to use punctuation.

Well, he seems to overestimate what the game costs or what the game earns a bit, but maybe he realizes that if he thinks he must be a billionaire to buy Cryptic and run STO, that running a Star Trek Online MMO isn't cheap?

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User

You know, I've been waiting for a post like this ever since Cryptic announced the Annorax would be a gamble-ship. I have not been disappointed.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    *Reads....laughs.....reads again.....rolls out of her chair laughing* This happens every promotion. Some joker spends a ton of money in hopes of winning the prize. And then cries like a baby when they do not. *Continues to laugh her behind off*
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    *Reads....laughs.....reads again.....rolls out of her chair laughing* This happens every promotion. Some joker spends a ton of money in hopes of winning the prize. And then cries like a baby when they do not. *Continues to laugh her behind off*

I'm laughing so hard I can barely comment on your comment about laughing! LOL
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yep, this ship's release has been a real sh*t show. I have not seen a single one of these on the Exchange. I can't believe that every one of the plethora of people who have acquired this ship is a savvy Exchange player and have not put some on the Exchange and are doing private deals. i would guess that if some are put up they are immediately snatched up to be sold above 500M EC. I have not seen any in-game.

I am also suspicious about some of these 'winners'. I saw one that had two acquisitions immediately in a row.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns