test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where can I get the download for STO without having to install Arc?

toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
I'm in the process of getting a new desktop and I don't know if I have the original STO download on my laptop at the moment, so I was looking to re-download it.

The only problem is I don't want to install Arc with it, just STO.

Does anyone happen to have the link or some information as to where I could go to get that particular program?

Thanks! :)
2rbz410.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Unfortunately, I think you have to install ARC to get STO now. Fortunately, you can launch it without having to use ARC.
  • Options
    doanldduck727doanldduck727 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    its on steam. no arc needed
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    There are one or two people floating around the forum with the link to the old client installer in their sigs.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1

I would never use steam to get a mmo. You massively increase your chance of getting your steam account banned for something you did not do. Plus steam is drm/hitler/satan.
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Buy a disc off Ebay or Amazon might have some left. I still have the original install disc,, no need to mess with ARC.
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Dont use steam or arc, dont make that mistake. Just donwload the sto launcher from the forums (dont know exactly where it is located you should search it).
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I had the link till They changed to this new fangled forum thingy.
    I'll try to locate it though...

Yep it seems They've pulled the old download links, the two I had just bring me back to these forums.
    Bummer...
    Glad I still have my original discs.
    You can delete ARC after DL'n STO though.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    ... it seems They've pulled the old download links, the two I had just bring me back to these forums.
    And now we know the *real* reason for the forum revamp! [/tinfoilhat]

"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    blackdogjetblackdogjet Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    This was harder to find then it should have been:

http://www.xanth.eu.org/rozne/star_trek_setup.exe

If that doesn't work you can try the old free to play client, it's a 3.6GB download and then it will have to patch but anything is better then using ARC: http://www.fileplanet.com/208701/download/Star-Trek-Online-Free-To-Play-Client

Good luck, DOWN WITH ARC! :tongue:
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    Thank you so much, everybody! :smile: I was actually able to find my old download for STO, so it's all good! But I do appreciate everybody's help; thank you all again! :grin:
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    atlmykl wrote: »

I would never use steam to get a mmo. You massively increase your chance of getting your steam account banned for something you did not do. Plus steam is drm/hitler/satan.

Please point me to the website that has the numbers on this little "fact." I have over 10 years with Steam, and play several MMO's under it. Please don't post rubbish if you can't back it up.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=