test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Stronghold vs. Nothing in STO?

Greetings everyone,

So today i read that Perfect Worlds is releasing something called Neverwinter stronghold within the MMO, which is a PvP Moba experience which seems very interesting and i wondering if we could be getting something similar in Startrek Online? Link: HERE

Note: Mods, i am not sure if this is allowed. My mistake ahead of time if that is the case. Still getting used to these new forums.
Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!

Comments

• ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    We are receiving a version of NW's Sword Coast Adventures in the form of the Admiralty mini game. It seems that Cryptic likes to test things that start in another game to see if it's viable for another of their games.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    ravin wrote: »
    We are receiving a version of NW's Sword Coast Adventures in the form of the Admiralty mini game. It seems that Cryptic likes to test things that start in another game to see if it's viable for another of their games.

So is that something similar? I think what they introduced in NW looks to be really appealing since we have NO pvp.
  • zobovorzobovor Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Cryptic gave up on PVP (and later the idea of factions) , so no territory control or PVP conqest for us .
    But we will get another doff game, so that's ever so exciting ... .
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    typhoncal wrote: »
    Greetings everyone,

So today i read that Perfect Worlds is releasing something called Neverwinter stronghold within the MMO, which is a PvP Moba experience which seems very interesting and i wondering if we could be getting something similar in Startrek Online? Link: HERE

Note: Mods, i am not sure if this is allowed. My mistake ahead of time if that is the case. Still getting used to these new forums.

Um, you realize 'Strongholds' in NeverWinter are effectively a port of STO's Fleet Starbases (and Holdings) system, right?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    zobovor wrote: »
    Cryptic gave up on PVP (and later the idea of factions) , so no territory control or PVP conqest for us .
    But we will get another doff game, so that's ever so exciting ... .

Oh goody, i dont think i can handle my excitement.

Greetings everyone,

Um, you realize 'Strongholds' in NeverWinter are effectively a port of STO's Fleet Starbases (and Holdings) system, right?

I wouldn't know, i dont play NWN so i wouldn't know. Why am i not surprised?
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »

When I imagined to become a starship captain, all I could think of "Ooohhh, I love the paperwork!"

Just be happy that our admirals don't have to fill out a bunch of forms every time we blow up a ship. That would turn each ISA into a 3 hour experience at least.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

It pretty much is Fleet Starbases, as you have guild holdings you level up. However if I remember correctly, you have to tend to some of the holdings to gather the resources used for the holdings, like cut wood. Although you can donate unwanted gear as well for some stuff...
    There's Guild PvP and PvE gear as well. So there is some other things that Neverwinter has that we don't. But unlike STO, I think they have to actually "clear out" the stronghold before they can move in.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Don't give them any ideas...

STO Season 12: The Revenge of Bureaucracynormal-2.gif
    Very nicely stated, "The revenge of the Bureaucracy". Also, dont give them any wild ideas, they might TRIBBLE that up.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    I kind of want a Bureaucracy class/spec. Chill out at DS9 and just do paperwork while chilling out at the bar.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    I kind of want a Bureaucracy class/spec. Chill out at DS9 and just do paperwork while chilling out at the bar.

You need to fill in these 10 forms before you can start another STF/PvE queue. For each form you have a time gate of 15 minutes. Finish now for 12.000 dilithium. ;)

But back to the OP - From what I know so far, NW Strongholds is something akin to the star bases in STO with a few more and different things added, one being the PvP MOBA maps/system you mentioned. However, you need to remember that the team working on NW has shown at least elementary understanding of PvP, while the team working of STO has shown no understanding of PvP whatsoever. So, no dice here. That's why we'll get a glorified Doff system game instead :expressionless: , at least from what I gather from the scarce info available so far.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer

One of the RP groups I participated in (different game) had a military faction. A couple players in said faction played exactly this. Oh, someone needs to get treated for injuries? That's form 382-B. Get ammo? 2-92-A.

I loved running/writing their plots.

One of the RP groups I participated in (different game) had a military faction. A couple players in said faction played exactly this. Oh, someone needs to get treated for injuries? That's form 382-B. Get ammo? 2-92-A.

Hmmmm, again we dont need to be giving cryptic devs any ideas. Also, i cant stand RP ppl, i wish we had a friendly-fire which you can turn off and go, dodge this RP'er.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Hmmmm, again we dont need to be giving cryptic devs any ideas. Also, i cant stand RP ppl, i wish we had a friendly-fire which you can turn off and go, dodge this RP'er.
    *clears throat while pointing at Rock's title.*

Hehe, actually it sounds fun-ish to me... in small doses.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited August 2015
    *clears throat while pointing at Rock's title.*

Hehe, actually it sounds fun-ish to me... in small doses.[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, kidding aside. No way!

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    Neverwinter and Champions have both doubled down on a drive for gold subscriptions lately with a VIP system, I believe? Much of it looks like STO's vet system.

However, Champs is now offering a unique cosmetic reward each month if you sub and the only way to catch-up if you miss a month is if you're a lifer (who get backlogs to monthly exclusives).