test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why I love voyager...

torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
Odysseus...!

and the Odyssey; and the voyage he had to take to get back home.

alot off you rant about janeway, but she was alone..

what would you do? with equinox ransom did what he felt he had to do.

alone no support.. no friends.

would you have stayed with the 39's?

Comments

• cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    Bump Janeway rants. This was a fun series, even with its issues.
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    thing is..

did janeway use a rabbit?
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Was that a haiku :p?

As of for the show, I didn't like it because it was a rehash of TNG instead of the more TOS/DS9 flavour it should have had.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    While Voyager did suffer from inconsistant writing... it was alright.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Would have been nice seeing Voyager with more and more visual damage as the show progressed, something the reimagined BSG got right
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      ^ Nope. Although BSG got it right by showing how either 1) humans are inherently lazy or 2) showed resources were tight oR 3) Galactica was simply "too big to fix", I think Voyager could be a relative exception due to replicator technology and the fact that the ship was A LOT smaller. Thus, it would be easier to repair aesthetically.

Let's not forget that Kirk's Enterprise got beat up too. We never saw it dock for repairs, much less that being mentioned. Where's the commentary on that?
    • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
      Kirk's ship never suffered hull fractures or anything like that. It took hits and internal explosions, but nothing significant. I can only remember once when Kirk's ship suffered any serious structural damage. That episode where Kirk had to jettison the sensor module with someone inside and was put on trial by the guy's daughter. And the ship spent the entire episode orbiting a starbase. And the next time it took significant damage was against the Reliant, and we all know what happened next.

Voyager took much more extensive damage. The replicator theory would be fine, if they didn't spend the first few seasons drilling in the need to preserve energy as much as possible. Or they showed us them putting into a few more friendly starbases for aliens to repair the ship. Remember how much damage it took during The Killing Game?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
      Movies don't count. Shame on you!

Logic aside, I'm giving Voyager a pass because if wanted fictional realism I'll watch BSG or Firefly. :p
    • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
      Watched Concerning Flight last night. The Da Vinci hologram should've become a standard for away missions.
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
      If we were counting movies, Enterprise and Excelsior took some pretty good hits in ST6. I believe a torpedo ripped right through Enterprise's saucer at one point.

Makes me wonder WHY we never saw Enterprise use phasers except in Wrath of Khan. After that movie... torpedo, torpedo, torpedo for ALL OCCASIONS!
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      yeah, in TOS they didn't have the special effects budget to simulate ship damage. TNG was way better there. The movies had the budget too. Voyager's lack of persistent damage is something I write off as a result of there being weeks or months between eps most of the time. ENT didn't always have that.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
      I love voyager because of Voyager (The ship) had as much character growth as much of the humanoids. If there was one big thing I would love in STO it would be that.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      I love voyager because of Voyager (The ship) had as much character growth as much of the humanoids. If there was one big thing I would love in STO it would be that.

Beautiful looking ship too
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        even better as Warship Voyager!
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg