test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Play With The Devs on Tribble

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Hello captains!

Recently, we released a large number of fixes to improve the performance of powers and resolve some graphics related issues onto Tribble. These issues were causing players to experience lag and crashes. In order to help ensure these fixes are resolving these issues, we'd like some help from our community.

We'll be running a play session from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (PST) on our Tribble server today, 8/10/15, and would like to send an invite out to Captains who want to join.

We will be focusing on running the PvE queues Infected: The Conduit and Crytalline Catastrophe. To join, just simple queue up for these during the time frame. Initially, we'd like to start on Normal difficulty. Please use this thread to post any feedback you have on graphics or lag related issues.

Comments

• admiralbrenanadmiralbrenan Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Admiral Toreth of the R.R.W. Khazara will accept your invitation.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    For the European Players!
    Time Conversion
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I'll do my best to at least run 1-2 queues. :) Any ships or specializations you want to see (or *not* want to see)? And what chat channel do we need to be on?
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    Admiral Rygobeth 27@Lord-Ice will back you up.
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    will you be turning off the queues' cooldowns so we could run them back to back?
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Riddick 2@djmarr1964 & Athena 1@djmarr1964 & Sokar 43@djmarr1964 will also back you up
    The True King In The North
  • coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
    The cooldowns for Infected: The Conduit and Crystalline Catastrophe are turned off on Tribble.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    As for builds -- please feel free to bring as many various things as you normally play with. We'd love to find new things that need to be rebuilt, for the good of all. We recently instituted better power profiling which may help us track down new issues... but only if somebody actually brings them.

The list contained in the most recent Tribble Patch Notes is also a good place to start, so we can verify if our power rebuilds actually impacted server performance in a positive way:

Attack Pattern: Beta
    Kemocite-Laced Weaponry
    Directed Energy Modulation
    Suppression Barrage
    Assault Squad Officer that grants Point Defense Turret to Boarding Parties
    Shield Distribution Officer that restores Hull while under the effects of AP:Beta

But really, bring whatever you normally use, while experiencing low performance. Maybe it'll show us something we hadn't seen before.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
  • electrumleopardelectrumleopard Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Do you like us to use any specific powers or builds?

I literally just answered this...
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • electrumleopardelectrumleopard Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Do you like us to use any specific powers or builds?

I literally just answered this...

Ninja Poster Borticus
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I'll see what I can do, since this is a chief gripe of mine. The character transfer page dropdown list only lets me transfer the first 10 characters on my account, and the ones I'd like to test (my Romulans) were chronologically created way after those.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    I'll see what I can do, since this is a chief gripe of mine. The character transfer page dropdown list only lets me transfer the first 10 characters on my account, and the ones I'd like to test (my Romulans) were chronologically created way after those.
    Hmm.

I'll send that over to the appropriate team.
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    The character transfer page dropdown list only lets me transfer the first 10 characters on my account, ...<snip>

Nice to know I am not the only one who has seen this.
    Might be a formatting bug, but I tried it on both Chrome with my script killers and adblocks disabled, and IE without Add-Ons.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Does logging in un-displayed characters bump them up the list?
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    As for builds -- please feel free to bring as many various things as you normally play with. We'd love to find new things that need to be rebuilt, for the good of all. We recently instituted better power profiling which may help us track down new issues... but only if somebody actually brings them.

The list contained in the most recent Tribble Patch Notes is also a good place to start, so we can verify if our power rebuilds actually impacted server performance in a positive way:

Attack Pattern: Beta
    Kemocite-Laced Weaponry
    Directed Energy Modulation
    Suppression Barrage
    Assault Squad Officer that grants Point Defense Turret to Boarding Parties
    Shield Distribution Officer that restores Hull while under the effects of AP:Beta

But really, bring whatever you normally use, while experiencing low performance. Maybe it'll show us something we hadn't seen before.

I'll have one build with the APB and Kemocite ready to go.

I'll transfer another one that's pretty low in current meta usability, checking for those other things.

No. I did a clean wipe of my Tribble characters to keep everything being tested up-to-date. So I can't really log in an undisplayed character.

If you mean Holodeck, then no.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    Hmm.

I'll send that over to the appropriate team.

THANK YOU~! This has been infuriating for a while now, and any time it was pointed out. We got a response of "The Workaround is to Log into the Toon you want on Holodeck, and it will pop to the Top of the List" .... that NEVER Worked.

Thank you! Its the same way on both the website, and in the Arc Launcher!

EDIT, didn't see you post bort

NO it doesn't
    Post edited by primar13 on
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    If invitations are still open, I'd like to take part if it isn't too much trouble.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
    Alright, Tribble Captains! It's queue time!
  • duke87765duke87765 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Admiral Rinara ready to assist
    Did what I could. Got 3 runs in. 2 with a Krenim Imperium Warship running just about everything on the list, it seemed! Didn't notice any slowdowns except maybe graphically. Did 1 run with an outdated Galaxy Dreadnought build that had DEM and APB with the APB heal DOFF. No issues I could see.

Then again, those who have been having this issue a ton may be able to show and explain more than I can.
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    While you're looking into graphical lag, please take a look over at Risa. That zone is literally down to 2 fps for a lot of folks and is relatively unplayable.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User

use tab to select others than the first 10 characters
  • duke87765duke87765 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I did a few runs of CCA and a few ISA. Overall it seemed pretty good until my last ISA run when I tried to enable combat logging. At that point the game dropped below 1 fps before crashing completely, and I got back in just in time for the run to finish and got slapped with an AFK penalty. - I guess that would probably be the fault of either my PC or the the fact I was trying to run the log reader and play at the same time.
    felisean wrote: »

use tab to select others than the first 10 characters

Oh, that worked.

Lots of lag and rubberbanding. Died several times because Engineering Team and Hazard Emitters kept misfiring after laying on the buttons several times. Went all out and hit as many powers as I possibly could. Got DCed a few times before the match. Got 1st place in CCA unintentionally then died while trying to claim my reward. Not sure if Boost Morale is still a culprit. Impossible to really tell given all the powers in use.

Dev responses to Tribble thread prompt and helpful. But I did my part. Renewed hope in the function of Tribble. Ball is in Cryptic's court now. Let's see how good our testing helped.

11/10 would test again.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Thanks everyone for helping out! We may have another one of these later in the week. Please send your feedback in this thread:

Did you notice any new issues related to lag or graphics?
    Did you notice any improvements related to lag or graphics?

Any information you can provide if you experienced these issues will be helpful such as what kind of powers you frequently use on your ship both passive and active powers.
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2015

No, it does not. I should say it does not in the Tribble copy list. It acts like you would expect for the character login.

On another topic while the devs are around, will "Broken Circle" be available before the 13th on Tribble?