test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forming a Fleet: No New Characters Allowed?

pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
A quick question which I have found no answer for (and I have searched). How long does a new character have to be in STO (or what level) to help form a fleet? Apparently characters that are a few days old are not allowed to help form a fleet (even if of high level). Any answer?

Comments

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    You character must have 20hrs of gameplay... too see how many you have just type this command on chat and look under the "System" (yellow) chat: /played

or

you must have a ZEN balance of at least 1 ZEN... you can do this by exchanging some of your dilithium you obtain from the early missions to ZEN on the Dilithium Exchange Market :)

Hope this helps you :)
    ​​
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    Yes, thank you.
  • Options
    Wanted to follow up on this, but have been ill for the past few days.

Tried the 1 ZEN balance trick (actually 5), but it didn't work. Have advised the player to continue playing for a few more hours to get to 20, then we'll see.

Will report back after she reaches 20.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Okay that sounds slightly strange.
    [Redacted. Didn't read the above well enough]

Btw about the zen thing. She needs to log off and then log on again for it to work. Just buying the zen and then trying to team up and form the fleet doesn't work. Don't ask me why the log off/log on thing is necessary, I don't really know. I assume it's some kind of account update procedure that needs to happen, but that's merely my own theory.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Btw about the zen thing. She needs to log off and then log on again for it to work. Just buying the zen and then trying to team up and form the fleet doesn't work. Don't ask me why the log off/log on thing is necessary, I don't really know. I assume it's some kind of account update procedure that needs to happen, but that's merely my own theory.

Thanks! That worked. OR maybe she's already played 20 hours. Either way... :)

• Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »

Thanks! That worked. OR maybe she's already played 20 hours. Either way... :)

Glad it worked out one way or the other. My fleet tried to form with three of us being very new and we ran our heads into just about ever single hurdle of fleet forming, so I can sympathise with the frustration XD.

If you or she wants to know exactly how long she's been playing use that '/played' command in the chat bar, that'll give you the answer.

And good luck with you fleet.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    theshroudedtheshrouded Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    you also must have a party of 5 people to start a new fleet