test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [August 6th, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Greetings Captains!

We will be having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow 8/6 at 7AM PDT for 2 1/2 hours. You can check out our patch notes and the changes we'll be making here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Question: does the EC value fix to hangar pets mean they are being restored to the vendors? If not, is the fact that some hangar pets (which aren't currently available) are required for some Fleet projects being addressed in some other fashion?

they are back to vendors with fixed price

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'm interested in those new batteries and battery mechanics. A exotic damage battery for scis sounds fun pig-2.gif

But I have a honest question: "Known issues" states that the kinetic battery actually doesn't work. How can it be that it gets released ike that? Please don't read that as hostile in any way, I am genuinely curious.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    xbalankexbalanke Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    But I have a honest question: "Known issues" states that the kinetic battery actually doesn't work. How can it be that it gets released ike that? Please don't read that as hostile in any way, I am genuinely curious.

That's common practice in software development.. look at the list of bugfixes. Would you delay that build from being pushed to holodeck and hold all those fixes back for a single relatively minor issue?
    Next week's patch may have other new features, and thus could introduce new known issues, chances are that if a minor issue is allowed to block a release, releases get postponed for weeks on end. Avoiding such a scenario is the whole point of releasing a list of "known issues" with each release.. although I admit the list we use at my work is a lot more detailed and in our case customers can chose to not install version if a problem on the list of known issues is blocking for them.. doesn't really work for MMOs tho...

the only way you could avoid that is by having a feature lock in your build process, say 3 weeks before release, only bugfixes can be done.. but the downside is we'd have far fewer patches.. we'd have a S10 release, a S10.5 release next, containing a lot of fixes and new stuff.. but if there s any bugs in either release, you'd have to wait months before the next update..

​​
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    and that's how you end up with billions of bugs 5 years after launch, like Q said "it's BRILLIANT !" ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    Have male Vulcans in the tailor been fixed?
    My chief engineer is unable to use my latest uniform, and this is most illogical.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    lizwei wrote: »
    Have male Vulcans in the tailor been fixed?
    My chief engineer is unable to use my latest uniform, and this is most illogical.

now now... you can't very well delay allowing all those feddies to buy zen for the new stuffz within short frequencies if you worry about quality all the time :P

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Well, I did get in there with enough time to fill out my Delta requisitions with marks. Now all I need is power cells.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Been waiting for the change to the Manheim device for almost 3 years now, glad it was finally changed. That has been one of the most useless lobi ship consoles since it came out, aside from some early PvP shenanigans with the 2-part time freeze.

Much appreciated.

A side request - it would be nice for the 2-piece bonus to be optional or a separate power from Backstep - since having the Manheim will cause nearby foes to become untargetable during Backstep, that could cause some epic drama in some situations. It could be a very powerful offensive tool as well, so I don't want to see it removed, just separated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Hmm, a fix to the Klingon Honor guard costume. Call me curious on how that works out. Theoretically I could get the costume on some of my KDF females.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Nice fixes for Voyager! But please for the love of God get rid of the record player sfx in the quarters, I never go in that room and its a shame because its so well done. Plus take a look at Belfast, with DX11 many black textures on the floors and walls.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Maintenance is now complete! Yay!
  • Options
    imjinscout19imjinscout19 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    So,why did you guys just Kill ship diversity by nerfing the plasma explosion procs in the embassy consoles?
    Don't you realize how many builds you just vaped,let alone all the time that's been invested in builds around them??
    You just killed it and drove more people away shaking heads saying,fix the broke lag,don't break more stuff.
    What are you guys thinking of?

Kate
    Uqtzha5.jpg
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    I like allot of what's on this patch, REALLY happy with the changes to the Manheim device for the timeships.

Sad to see that the Voth helmet tailor bug and the missing rep armors fix isn't in tho, oh well maybe next week.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    So,why did you guys just Kill ship diversity by nerfing the plasma explosion procs in the embassy consoles?
    Don't you realize how many builds you just vaped,let alone all the time that's been invested in builds around them??
    You just killed it and drove more people away shaking heads saying,fix the broke lag,don't break more stuff.
    What are you guys thinking of?

Kate

Agreed, Kate... my Rom toon was completely based on exotic plasma abilities, and it's cost me bundles to get it the way I wanted it, just in time for it to have become a waste of time and effort...

Not happy...
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Improved Female Honor Guard upper uniform.

The cutaway showing cleavage matches skin tone of the face better, no longer looks low resolution, and can be swapped for Ferasan, Reman, and Kobali chests.

not fixed, my Ferasan has no Chest at all now...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    xbalanke wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    But I have a honest question: "Known issues" states that the kinetic battery actually doesn't work. How can it be that it gets released ike that? Please don't read that as hostile in any way, I am genuinely curious.
    That's common practice in software development.. look at the list of bugfixes. Would you delay that build from being pushed to holodeck and hold all those fixes back for a single relatively minor issue?
    Next week's patch may have other new features, and thus could introduce new known issues, chances are that if a minor issue is allowed to block a release, releases get postponed for weeks on end. Avoiding such a scenario is the whole point of releasing a list of "known issues" with each release.. although I admit the list we use at my work is a lot more detailed and in our case customers can chose to not install version if a problem on the list of known issues is blocking for them.. doesn't really work for MMOs tho...

the only way you could avoid that is by having a feature lock in your build process, say 3 weeks before release, only bugfixes can be done.. but the downside is we'd have far fewer patches.. we'd have a S10 release, a S10.5 release next, containing a lot of fixes and new stuff.. but if there s any bugs in either release, you'd have to wait months before the next update.. ​​
    Also.. this isn't the full detailed list of known issues. It's usually recent stuff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    imjinscout19imjinscout19 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The embassy consoles gave SWIM (Someone Who Isn't Me) a better chance at damage,my main's TAC,with this nerf SWIM sinks back into non-tac mediocrity,left in the Scimi dust,it was nice seeing other ships in STFs,so much for diversity
    Uqtzha5.jpg
  • Options
    jeanluck4jeanluck4 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Damage of ambassady consoles is reduce, this for a minority of PvPers crying but what do you expect for other players?
    I have three of those items and it cost me about 30$ to upgrade it.
    So now i have the solution, my power of Mastercard will be reduce from 100% for a several time, also you win this and thanks you very much.
  • Options
    nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Seriously, restore the embassy consoles immediately!

There was absolutely no need for a double nerf because ya can't be bothered to fix the problems with various weapon types. Instead of everyone using beams now everyone will be in beam scimis again.

Already cancelled the sub thanks to the lag. Pulling the plug all together at this point. Not one more red cent.
  • Options
    biggs4everbiggs4ever Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    nh3rd wrote: »
    Seriously, restore the embassy consoles immediately!

There was absolutely no need for a double nerf because ya can't be bothered to fix the problems with various weapon types. Instead of everyone using beams now everyone will be in beam scimis again.

Already cancelled the sub thanks to the lag. Pulling the plug all together at this point. Not one more red cent.

And what's ironic is the guy in your meme died before his dream was realized. I see a pattern developing here :/