test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Exoplanet's True Distance

In the Arc Updates, it says you are reading articles about the new exoplanet NASA has found that is similar in size and the star it orbits is similar to ours. But you list the distance to that star as 21 light years. That is seriously incorrect. The star Kepler-452 is actually around 1400 light years away. Yes there are much closer stars, even within 21 light years of earth, that use the name Kepler, but they have different numbers in their names. I think you have gotten this star confused with a closer star with a similar name.
Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
"Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
"To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
"To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
"Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!

Comments

• sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well, at least if you use the Kepler's star list, there is one closer listed, but I am having trouble finding that list online now. Still, the new planet does not orbit a closer star. It is 1400 light years away.

"To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    There was also a different new planet 21 light years away, though this was a super earth, so maybe they got it confused with the distant one.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    True, maybe that was it.

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    you really expected accuracy or fact checking from Cryptic?