test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Important Announcent Involving Recent OPvP Events

thecylusthecylus Member Posts: 142 Arc User
edited August 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Most of you may have already noticed: you were kicked from OrganizedPvP. Why? Because we - the admins - obviously promoted the wrong people to moderate the channel. These select few moderators, for their own selfish and childish reasons, wiped the entire channel. They not only wanted to leave the game with a "bang", but obviously abused their function as moderators. I have already found out who were responsible and have banned these users from the channel. In addition, just to ensure something like this doesn’t happen again, in the interim I have demoted all moderators to regular users. We definitely need be more careful who gets promoted to moderators in the future.
Everyone is invited to re-join OPvP. And please be patient and above all do not take it personal. I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and am working hard to ensure something like this never happens again.

See you in Briar Patch soon!

The quickest way to re-join is: /channel_join OrganizedPvP
Post edited by thecylus on

Comments

• sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    sounds frustratingly familiar.
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
  • maxprangemaxprange Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    glad its resolved.
  • psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I take my eyes off ker'rat for one minute and...
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    was @Zero_exe one of the offending mods who got kicked, perchance?

because if so, this may interest you; was posted in NoP Public Service a little while ago
    Zero_exe: Hey, just to let everyone here know, OPvP got duped. Everyone kicked. New opvp is up and running. /Channel_join OfficialPvP
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Don't worry i know who is the real culprit... it's Captain Geko using one of his anonymous accounts the trying to disrupt and destroy PvP even more further :open_mouth:
  • vonednavonedna Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Don't worry i know who is the real culprit... it's Captain Geko using one of his anonymous accounts the trying to disrupt and destroy PvP even more further :open_mouth:

Oh yea like geko ever logged in this game

• naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    so is that all of 25 live members back for whats left of PvP?
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    vonedna wrote: »

Oh yea like geko ever logged in this game

I'll bet ya he does... especially when it comes to decapitating & destroying the PvP community even more.
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This is not the first time these people exhibit such behavior, so this incident was indeed somewhat predictable. Remember Trinity, last time we talked, I did express my concerns to this effect.

Anti-social and/or unstable people should not be granted positions of power within social constructs, who would've thought? :p

Some fleets are build around mutual respect and coorporation, and some fleets are build around bullying, trolling and abuse. But hey, if you don't like the fleet, you can leave. However, their OPvP Operator power gave them the means to impose their standard modus operandi onto an outside community as well. ;)

Post edited by ilhansk on
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    sounds frustratingly familiar.

Please tell me its not the same people again.
    ilhansk wrote: »
    Anti-social and/or unstable people should not be granted positions of power within social constructs, who would've thought?

woot? You mean I can't hold the powah :/

• kkthxcoil2kkthxcoil2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    rofl... Opvp has been decimated from a miserable 125+ players on peak times to like 40?

Well my best guess was most of these dudes werent even playing PvP anymore and forgot to remove themselves from the channel ...

:)

GG! 40 Active PvPers left! WOW
  • kkthxcoil2kkthxcoil2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Instead just join OfficialPvP. No corrupted admins.

No, an official PvP chat channel would simply be called "PVP"

In fact, most MMO's already have some similar channel by DEFAULT!
    edited August 2015
    The channel still has a**holes as operators so be sure it will happen again ...now we got a roleplayer dude as operator.
    Post edited by vonedna on
    edited August 2015
    thecylus wrote: »
    To have some impartial people as Operators is not a good idea?

wtf is impartial about having the police on the channel?

A. Mini kicks everyone.
    B.A**holes police the channel so nobody (from those 10 people left) wants to use is.

You tell me which one is worse.I go with B because Mini at least was funny.

• biggs4everbiggs4ever Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well in reality it's not like it makes a world of difference who needs to mod a channel for a 99 percent dead game mode after all? In some ways the nuking of this channel was the symbolical nail in the coffin for space pvp. One could even assign that date as the death of space pvp and make a figurative grave with whatever date that was on it.

On a side note I noticed the new elite Krenim dread pets can shoot surgical strikes 2 and use viral Matrix. LOL space.
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    And you think Ground is so much better ?? loool

Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
    Not for you for sure. I have a screenshot of me pwning you and some other space noobs LOL

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/BossmanBiggs/media/Ground Pvp/screenshot_2015-07-14-15-43-22_zpsvepvswha.jpg.html?sort=3&o=35

• daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You are a Hero Kid.. lol.. just 2-3 Rounds ( in over 3-4 Years ) for fun. Im not a Ground Player so i give nothing about that. ;)

Enjoy the pictures .. think your little ego needs it. lol B)

btw. You still have this ( /bind logout ) on spacebar ?

Post edited by daviddxx on
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
    edited August 2015
    Nope don't need it for TRIBBLE space premades. You don't do ground since it takes real skill instead of spacebar macro mashing to win. LMFAO Inner circle jerk noob I screen a lot of ground matches to debunk peoples random bs nonsense. I don't screen pugstomps unless it has a side implication. I even have one of Tofu older in that folder.