test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costant lag, constant disconnects today

nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
any one else have this problem today

Comments

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    I've had a few episodes of it, as have some of my fleet mates. Either sudden DCs without warning or massive lag issues for a few minutes. Between bouts it has been playable.
    I need a beer.

• venser1000venser1000 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Yes, trouble logging in...when I do finally log in, I get the eternal loading screen when I switch maps. Or I can't use the chat window, complete rep projects, duty officer missions or R&D projects.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    I don't usually get lag like others do, but I'm getting it today a lot.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    A little. It was fine for a while but hopped onto an alt just for some housekeeping and decided to run through the Tholian red alert. That lagged quite a bit, especially the UI.

I tried to use APA once off cooldown. But then it added another 5 seconds, and THEN another few seconds....AND THEN I had to spam the button until it finally triggered. I've not even seen that one before.

It is the summer holidays in the UK so all the kids are off school, could well be lots more players logging in now during the weekdays which won't help.​​
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Only today? It took me 6 tries to walk from the transporter to the shipyard in ESD yesterday with all the rubberbanding. Before that all my skills were misfiring in a Tholian Red Alert. The game just gets more and more unplayable as time goes on.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • tapatrick1074tapatrick1074 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I've had serious disconnect issues for several weeks. I submitted a ticket, and got a response back "this is a new issue, you should submit it and post on the forums!" The game is bordering on unplayable for me, and I've been here for years. I'm extremely disappointed in Arc Games and the (non)response I've received on this issue.

Currently, I can't get into the game - it will connect to login server, then not connect to account server, then time out of login .....
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Yeah got disconnected too in an ISA run, relogged immediately after (maybe 20 secs off tops) and got a leaver penalty. :neutral: Sometimes I get a run that lags less but overall the lag has been killer today.
  • darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    all of the above since the last "Stability" Patch
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    servers been jittery since it came up after the thursday patch, been experiencing lag, rubber banding, power tray misfires more than before thursday, today its appears to be worse, had a instance whist in Voth Bz where it was 1 step forward 2 steps back. Even rolled back around 10 secs of game play, Been getting it in infected/khitomer/cure/CCA/Vbz/Kolbali/ESD/Flying from warp in point at DS9 to Docking distance, R&D UI being slow where i click on it and it takes ages to change from beams to ground as an example
    Now this is not constant lag but intermittent spikes that last for a few secs to 7-8secs, stop then start again or stop for a few mins then start again.
    General internet browsing has been fine,
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I have been one of the fortunate ones that didn't get lag at all, but since 10.5 I have started seeing it. It's minor on my end, but it's there for sure. My ship in sector space often jumps back after going forward, I get some minor rubber banding in ESD and occasional hiccup in Red Alerts.

I really wish they would have held off on 10.5 until the server was ready. They were making great progress with Lag (at least on my end) with the fixes they implemented prior to 10.5. Now it seems like pushing 10.5 before it was ready just undid all the progress they made. My problems are trivial compared to what some are seeing, I honestly don't think I would continue trying to play under those conditions. Some of you guys are far more patient then I could ever possibly be. They really need to stop adding things until they get everything already in the game working as intended.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    lan451 wrote: »
    Only today? It took me 6 tries to walk from the transporter to the shipyard in ESD yesterday with all the rubberbanding. Before that all my skills were misfiring in a Tholian Red Alert. The game just gets more and more unplayable as time goes on.

Yeah, I've been playing 'whack a mole' with my Boff powers in STFs for several months now as in smack them all in hopes that at least 1/3 of them will manage to activate before an encounter is over. But today the issues have been severe, I've never seen the game completely stop for some 30-40 seconds in consecutive manner - I mean totally stop, can't click anything, nothing moves, can't even log out during the "blockage".

HQroeLu.jpg
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Yup. LOL!!

First time logging on in about 4 months (decided to take a longer -than-expected break after the frustration of lag and DC's) and what happens 5 min after logging on?

El booto! LOL! Nice.....very nice.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I usually don't see much lag or issues. Its been a while since I really saw some. Last night I saw some. And last weekend I saw some around ESD. However it wasn't as bad before. When you couldn't play the game at all.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    stopped counting after 8 disconnects mid-game. Something is worse than usual. :'(

edit: Can barely stay in-game now.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I usually dont suffer too many DCs, but when that happens, im always in the middle of a tiresome episode, sigh. Why.. why.. why...

About the lag. Everybody knows its getting worst day after day. But dont worry guys, keep buying all the shinys cryptic fires at you lol. That will "fix" the problem.
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    I usually dont suffer too many DCs, but when that happens, im always in the middle of a tiresome episode, sigh. Why.. why.. why...

About the lag. Everybody knows its getting worst day after day. But dont worry guys, keep buying all the shinys cryptic fires at you lol. That will "fix" the problem.

SVRs have been lagging for more than 1 year and it's getting worst each patch indeed, but yes I'll keep buying shiny stuff but without real money, since I can't play missions, stfs etc I'm just farming dailies, and now I'm sitting on 47k Zen I'm not sure what to do yet.
    My childrens are complaining about lag each day, and playing less and less since 1 year, I think it's time I cancel their subs...

So yeah, keep the lag going on plz, I'm gonna save so much money with lag ;)

Seriously if lag is still there by next week I'm canceling subs finaly, w've been reporting that for +1year, we've been patient enough....

Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • ijaylaijayla Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Having some serious stability issues now, ironically after I come back on after a significant break.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    doyouw wrote: »

Seriously if lag is still there by next week I'm canceling subs finaly, w've been reporting that for +1year, we've been patient enough....

Oh god.. you are a sub player??? thats the only thing i needed to read. You should ve cancelled your sub 2 years ago. But always the same story... players complaining when they are the ones killing the game lol.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited August 2015

SVRs have been lagging for more than 1 year and it's getting worst each patch indeed, but yes I'll keep buying shiny stuff but without real money, since I can't play missions, stfs etc I'm just farming dailies, and now I'm sitting on 47k Zen I'm not sure what to do yet.
    My childrens are complaining about lag each day, and playing less and less since 1 year, I think it's time I cancel their subs...

So yeah, keep the lag going on plz, I'm gonna save so much money with lag ;)

You've been paying through the nose for quality you aren't receiving. And with the kind of stockpile of Zen you have? Yeah, I think you'd be better off to stop throwing good money after the bad, and paying instead for the level of service you are really receiving, which is equal to those of us who don't pay. You can more than survive on F2P. I would recommend you also stay off the Dilithium Exchange, so that you do not supply anyone else's habit.

I also think it could make a good example of financial responsibility for your children, by showing them the importance of not being wasteful with money.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    It's been laggy since DR launched last October...nothing new...except more tickets added to this issue
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,266 Arc User
    Still laggy for me as well...and yes its not my PC.
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User

Oh god.. you are a sub player??? thats the only thing i needed to read. You should ve cancelled your sub 2 years ago. But always the same story... players complaining when they are the ones killing the game lol.

killing the game by having subs accounts, nice, anything else stupid you'd like to add ? ;)

btw, my account is lifetime since 2012.
    As for my childrens I took subs at some pts in time because I though game was getting better and they asked for it.
    then when they rapidely got tired of lag and countless bugs preventing us to enjoy STO like we use to do,
    it's them that told me 'hey Dad this game is completely broken, why keep on paying for that ? do you pay your employes when they stop working for nothing/being lazy ?"

back in 2012 and just before LORE came out, I kept giving money each month or each 2 month bying some zen when I was happy with content. To show people at Cryptic I like this game and I support it.
    Just like when I'm happy with my employes doing awesome job, I give them extra money to thx them, it usualy invite them to work better and harder.
    By reading you I guess you obviously cannot understand that.
    Always same story... greedy players like you think everything is free and we own them everything and then complain when they broke it....
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg