test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many Phaser Arrays, Emitters, and Banks does this ship have?

rarebear1rarebear1 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
I play on my Engineer Vice Admiral Character the Odyssey Operations Cruiser. However, I have a major question, that has been nagging at me ever since I got the thing. When I am in combat and I am broad-siding a enemy with my beam arrays, it seems that the energy weapons discharge at multiple points along the Saucer section, Stardrive section, and even the Nacelles. Has anyone ever gotten a count of the number of Phaser arrays, emitters, and banks that the Ody has? She also seems to have two torpedo launchers fore, and one aft. Is this correct as well?

Just wondering, because I don't pay attention to where the beams originate on my ship because I am busy, keeping a eye on my health, shields, and my position in respect to the enemy ship.
Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Most don't pay attention to it either since a lot of weapon hardpoints (mostly on older ships up to ~2012) are complete nonsensical. The the one on the tip of the ody's nacelle would be a prime example for that. Just be glad if you don't see your beams firing through your own ship and ignore the exact hardpoints the best you can.
  • Options
    rarebear1rarebear1 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    Okay, their seems to be four phaser strips on the saucer. Two on top and two on the bottom, maybe a Phaser emitter or strip on the bottom of the Stardrive section, and a emitter on the nacelles.
    Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation