test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buying ZEN...

daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
Why is it that I can no longer purchase ZEN by simply clicking on the "Buy ZEN" button while I'm In-Game??
When I do click on that button, it takes me to a web page that says "This Page Can't Be Displayed".
(this has been going on for several months now)

Hey Cryptic/PWE Please Pay CLOSE Attention to this next part...,

I tend to be a spur-of-the-moment kinda buyer, but if I have to constantly Leave the game, Open the ARC interface, then reinput all my credit card info Every Single Time I want to Buy ZEN...,
(because there's no way in H E L L, I'm going to SAVE that info on Your site!)

It Ain't Happen'...
And You AREN"T GETTING my Spur-of-the-Moment Purchase Cash.

I can't even CUT & PASTE my CC info into Your Purchase Link to save time, it doesn't work.

You're losing money folks, cause I'm a lazy buyer.

If You are going to make it difficult for me to give you my cash, then You Are NOT Going To Get It!

Perhaps someone should look into this ASAP?
B)

STO Member since February 2009.
I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comments

• tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Same for me, i've tried all their so called fixes to no avail. Ah well, time to spend my cash elsewhere.

I'm still playing, just not buying, so no-one can haz my stuffs :p
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    So they release new shiny ships in the zen store but people can't buy zen 'cause the site is not working?

Does anyone else find this hilarious or is it just me? :D
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Peculair - said method still works for me.
    Well, so it's not on their end.

Maybe it's a browser issue? Check if your web browser has the newest version and all plug-ins & stuff fully updated, that may solve the problem.
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Odd, I bought some last night without any problem by clicking the button in game.
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Like others have said it is probably a browser issue. Try clearing your browser cache.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Like others have said it is probably a browser issue. Try clearing your browser cache.

I shall endeavor to give that a try... Stay Tuned... I'm using IE-11, we shall see...
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    edited July 2015
    Nope... No Change.
    I'm going to assume that it just doesn't work unless I play the game through the ARC interface (which I don't).

This is the web address that won't connect... https://billing.arcgames.com

C'est la vie...

Their Loss.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I had the same issue, it was indeed a browser issue. Even though I cleared cache, allowed cookies, etc.. the page will not display for me using Firefox under any conditions.

I copied the link, pasted it into Google Chrome and it popped right up. I had the same issue when I subscribed for a month back during the Delta Recruiting event. I could not reach the page to unsubscribe using firefox, tried it in Chrome.. bam.. opened right up.

There are a number of Perfect World sites that I have issues with using Firefox. It should be noted that I have no issues on any sites that aren't owned by Perfect World. Not sure what they're doing over there, but it's annoying. My guess is it doesn't like a plugin that I have, I haven't gone through them to see what the issue is. Maybe I'll try that later today and see if I can figure out what exactly it is that their site doesn't like. My guess is it's related to Adobe since I have all their plugins disabled for security reasons.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited July 2015
    I'm using IE-11, apparently it's in the same boat as FireFox.

I just tried using EDGE, it too will not connect to https://billing.arcgames.com.
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    According to others that's I've read, It seems there's a problem with windows 10 or some other associated software. They can ill afford to not keep up with windows 10 as to add those who can't buy zen to the crowd of those that won't might just send their profits plummetting.
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Had the same issue teeing to get Zen through game today. However tried it through ARC and it worked.
    5rFUCPd.png

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm using IE-11, apparently it's in the same boat as FireFox.

I just tried using EDGE, it too will not connect to https://billing.arcgames.com.

Very strange, I just tried your link in Firefox and Chrome and it worked for me in both browsers. Not sure why it's not displaying for you. Edge is another Microsoft product, do you have Firefox or Chrome installed? Maybe try that?

Edit: Tried it in Internet Explorer and it doesn't work there. Works in every non Microsoft browser.. it's not just you.
    Insert witty signature line here.