test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wtf happened to the borg sector encounters?

srgtburglarsrgtburglar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Federation Discussion
Joined in on 2 seperate borg alerts and got totally murdered and couldnt get the uni ship below 75% and our group wasn't running weak ships.

What the hell have they changed in the past 2 weeks since I've been gone because something got buffed. it regens in no time and the regens regen in no time

I'm pissed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Opening a lockbox is like using a public restroom when u gotta poo.
You are just hoping nobody blew on the seat or that all the toilet paper is gone.
Post edited by srgtburglar on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Did any of your gear, boffs, or doffs unslot themselves? I don't think anything has actually changed.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Joined in on 2 seperate borg alerts and got totally murdered and couldnt get the uni ship below 75% and our group wasn't running weak ships.

What the hell have they changed in the past 2 weeks since I've been gone because something got buffed. it regens in no time and the regens regen in no time

I'm pissed.

Heck if I know. Last three I was in we barbecued them like usual. Maybe your loadouts are acting up again.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nothing has changed about them as far as I can tell. Even got that bug where two spawn the other day and tore through them.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The only thing wrong that happens with the Borg Red Alerts are the Unimatrix not appearing. And *IF* they appear, they're still easy. Easier than ever I say with the Quantum Leap in Power Creep made possible since DR. How are you guys failing on the Unimatrix? It's normal level content. The only thing to worry about is the Plasma Bolt and that can be evaded or shot out of space.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I did one in AC today where we had a double Unimatrix, but that one was a piece of cake.

I have seen some where it's like the internal cooldowns for all the borg abilities disappear and I end up with endless boarding parties and 5 shield neutralizers simultaneously. THOSE are near impossible. Cycling dual TacTeam and HazE isn't enough to keep it off your ship.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Idk, the Borg I went up against last night were brutally eviscerated, even with 4 mirandas running around doing nothing.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yesterday I went into one without an equipped shield or deflector (They were in 'Upgrade' and I forgot to get them out and re-equip them prior to zoining in.) I figured - "What the hell" and went forward anyway. Killed the two groups of two cubes solio (never had the hull go below 50 and it was funny to watch they ire those shield drain bolts as they had zero effect on my ship as it had no shield to begin with); and in the final B'Ger fight - my hull once got to 38%; but we still vaporized it in short order.

So, yeah, even with no shields; I did good DPS, never died once and completed the Borg RA successfully, so don't know what to tell you - the difficulty level doesn't appear changed in my experience of late.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After another sector encounter today... I have news. They occasionally get bugged (had a double log), but short of that, they're far from the nightmare you're describing. Not sure what to tell you OP.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OP just be aware of the situation around you as well, vigilance is always useful
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      I've had a few with double Unimatrix ships, and several with none, but no impossible Red Alerts.
    • Options
      timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      Last one I did a few days ago, I ended up in the instance alone.
      Left after a few minutes completely successful without dying.
      11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
    • Options
      rarebear1rarebear1 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
      timelord79 wrote: »
      Last one I did a few days ago, I ended up in the instance alone.
      Left after a few minutes completely successful without dying.

Dude! That is incredibly insane! If you had recorded that on Youtube it would be epic! What ship were you running?
      Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation
    • Options
      cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User