test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

600 Million DPS ISA Parse

Comments

• xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    Meh, not much difference between that and an all hi-rollers run. Might as well slap a 10,000 Zen price tag on it and throw it in the C-store.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »
    • It's a Bug regarding the Scienc Consoles
    • Yes He Filed a Bug Report
    • They Filmed it to Better illustrate what was happening to the Devs
    • They Kept the Video unlisted to prevent these threads from happening.
    • as expected people heard, and it spread like wildfire.
    • It's Been Fixed internally.

A buff that buffs itself? Infinite buff loop for everyone! How did QA miss this in the first place? Really no excuse for stuff like that to happen.

STO doesnt have QA. There is a department or team sharing the name, but it definetly isnt QA.
    ​​
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    trekpuppy wrote: »
    Can we please attack the Iconians now and wipe them out forever?!
    lsegn wrote: »
    Y'all have to admit this is pretty hilarious.
    shpoks wrote: »
    LMAO!!! :D This just keeps getting better and better.
    So Cryptic finally gave people the 'I WIN' button.....literaly. :D

In addition to this thread and the video, you guys have made my day.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    And this should be getting an emergency maintenance patch.. but i didnt see anything related to it.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    This needs to be fixed like ASAP due to the exploit of rewards that people will get
    JtaDmwW.png
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Lol, seeing the CE blow up in one shot.
  • farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    The only problem with recursion is the only problem with recursion.

Funny bug, anyway.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I'm betting that there will be people out there that'll cry out that the console has been "nerfed" over something it was never intended to do.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    One shotting the Crystaline Entity.. yeah.. seems about right. lol

Seriously, that video is hilarious. No harm in posting it now, it's been reported and fixed internally. How this isn't an emergency maintenance fix though is beyond me. You would think this would be something they want to fix right now.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    There is no exploit. You equip the new console. You win. I wouldn't hold my breath that they will wait til Thursday, my bet is on emergency downtime.

I'd hope so, fewer people that buy them as-is, fewer people whining when they get fixed.

Crazy they got onto Holodeck in this state though, pretty poor of the devs I reckon.

​​
    giphy.gif
    edited July 2015
    Crazy they got onto Holodeck in this state though, pretty poor of the devs I reckon.

Business as usual.

How this isn't an emergency maintenance fix though is beyond me. You would think this would be something they want to fix right now.

They will find the players using it atm and either take away dilithium/zen or just outright ban the accounts. Similar to how they operating when players were xp-grinding, which suddenly turned into an exploit. Even though the same was done on tribble, the devs knew about it, but didnt even bother to mention they consider it an exploit.
    ​​
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    WTF did I just watch?
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    And this should be getting an emergency maintenance patch.. but i didnt see anything related to it.

Yeah, "should" is the keyword here.....
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hey cryptic, may we get some free rewards for being beta testers on a 5+ year old game on it’s life server?
    It was reported, and we asked people not to repost the videos.
    Why?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Hey cryptic, may we get some free rewards for being beta testers on a 5+ year old game on it’s life server?
    It was reported, and we asked people not to repost the videos.
    Why?

Maybe they didn't want people wanting to jump in on something that can very easily be exploited?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    are we getting a bonus mark weekend to make up for 2 hours wasted on every one of my char in AFK penalty due to these cnuts? My time is expensive, I need to be compensated.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Finally Cryptic added the IWin button that people always wanted. Their only mistake was not making it cost a Million Zen.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • fighter1789fighter1789 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    I saw a couple players pugging with these exploits. I probably would have gotten an afk penalty if I didn't rush in to do some damage before things disintegrated into the void.

I guess, that people, who use this exploit want to afk other people.
    At least Cryptic should ban them permanently.
    15. User Conduct
    15.2Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 16, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    l. using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players;

16. User Content
    16.4You agreh. User Content that violates the Rules of Conduct or that, in our sole judgment, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type.e not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish any of the following:

h. User Content that violates the Rules of Conduct or that, in our sole judgment, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I saw a couple players pugging with these exploits. I probably would have gotten an afk penalty if I didn't rush in to do some damage before things disintegrated into the void.

15. User Conduct
    15.2Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 16, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    l. using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players;

16. User Content
    16.4You agreh. User Content that violates the Rules of Conduct or that, in our sole judgment, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type.e not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish any of the following:

h. User Content that violates the Rules of Conduct or that, in our sole judgment, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type.

You know before just start banning people left and right how about some official statement, not some tweet or facebook post, to tell people this is an friggin bug-exploit and shouldn't be done.
    Srsly they have the means to a)put this on the forum b)put this on the officeal news page c)write an in-game message to every account. Yet nothing at all happened, besides the post on twitter which is not affiliated with either cryptic or PWE.
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    You know before just start banning people left and right how about some official statement, not some tweet or facebook post, to tell people this is an friggin bug-exploit and shouldn't be done.
    Srsly they have the means to a)put this on the forum b)put this on the officeal news page c)write an in-game message to every account. Yet nothing at all happened, besides the post on twitter which is not affiliated with either cryptic or PWE.

Or they could simply do an emergency maintenance and push the fix to holodeck asap. A bug like that surely is severe enough for it and not wait until regular maintenance on Thursday. Unless they want to see all the flaming that will happen on this board once more people get the afk penalty because of this bug. Yes, people should not make use of this bug, but a broken item like this also should have never found its way to holodeck in the first place.
    I wonder if the consoles will go from "totally IMBA-ÜBER-SUPER-MEGA-OP" to "oh, that one is a joke". Its been happened many times before. Interestingly the plasma embassy consoles are an exception of this trope.​​
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'm just glad I've been doing ground lately and not space. I'd be more than a little pissed to be getting AFK penalties left and right.

It still makes you wonder how this bug got pushed to live. It should have been easily noticed if it is just as simple as equipping one console.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

15. User Conduct

16. User Content

Well yea at least that would be how any other company on this planet would deal with defective releases I think. :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    It still makes you wonder how this bug got pushed to live.

Because it is the usual way of work of cryptic. They NEVER test almost anything. Its been that way since years ago. At least experienced players know that.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User

Because advertising to the world not to do a thing with a strongly worded letter will totally stop everyone from doing the thing. Streisand Effect, yo.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    It still makes you wonder how this bug got pushed to live.

Because it is the usual way of work of cryptic. They NEVER test almost anything. Its been that way since years ago. At least experienced players know that.

I'm well aware of Cryptic's history, especially with Tribble. But it has been my experience that they push things live knowing full well about the bug, choosing to fix it later if at all.

This bug, however, is a whole different class of bug that should have put a full stop on the release of the patch it was attached to.