test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hidden changes??

[Elite Fleet Plasma-Integrated Warp Core Mk XII [AMP] [ECap] [Eff] [SSS] [W->A]]
A few weeks ago this core had +66% power recharge rate. Now it has +66% power transfer rate. Did i miss a release note?? I cant remember reading about this change. And i didnt pay for power transfer rate! I dont need power transfer rate! Is it a text typo, or cryptic changed the gear silently?

Comments

  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Its has always been +66% power transfer rate, or +66% EPS Skill in other words. I don't recall the name on the tooltip, your probably right, and they just changed it to accurately reflect what it is.
  • ramos40kramos40k Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    No. It was +66% increase to base regeneration rate of all power levels. No it is useless power transfer rate.
  • stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    What if "Power transfer rate" and "Power recharge rate" are the same thing and it was just a correction of the text?
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    stumpfgobs wrote: »
    What if "Power transfer rate" and "Power recharge rate" are the same thing and it was just a correction of the text?

    I'm pretty sure that's the case since EPS is the stuff that does effect your power regen speed, though it would have been nice if they mentioned the text change in some patch notes.

    They also had the +10% drain resistance, so if that's still there nothing but the text changed.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    ramos40k wrote: »
    No. It was +66% increase to base regeneration rate of all power levels. No it is useless power transfer rate.


    Watch this; power transfer rate, and therefore EPS, is far from useless.
    ​​
    giphy.gif
  • ramos40kramos40k Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    john98837 wrote: »
    Its has always been +66% power transfer rate, or +66% EPS Skill in other words. I don't recall the name on the tooltip, your probably right, and they just changed it to accurately reflect what it is.

    Here is the original core:
    http://i.imgur.com/2bnDQ5b.png



  • ramos40kramos40k Member Posts: 101 Arc User
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    ramos40k wrote: »
    john98837 wrote: »
    Its has always been +66% power transfer rate, or +66% EPS Skill in other words. I don't recall the name on the tooltip, your probably right, and they just changed it to accurately reflect what it is.

    Here is the original core:
    http://i.imgur.com/2bnDQ5b.png
    Pretty clear from your pic that the text was wrong. It says in one place +66% power regeneration rate, and in another spot it says +66% power transfer rate. I would bet that it was always power transfer and not regen.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,958 Arc User
    ramos40k wrote: »
    john98837 wrote: »
    Its has always been +66% power transfer rate, or +66% EPS Skill in other words. I don't recall the name on the tooltip, your probably right, and they just changed it to accurately reflect what it is.

    Here is the original core:
    http://i.imgur.com/2bnDQ5b.png
    Pretty clear from your pic that the text was wrong. It says in one place +66% power regeneration rate, and in another spot it says +66% power transfer rate. I would bet that it was always power transfer and not regen.

    I am pretty sure that they also mean exactly the same thing.

    As far as I know, the time how fast your power levels recharge, increase, decreate or transfer has always been based on the same attribute.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
Sign In or Register to comment.