test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is Your Voice Actor/Actress?

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    xanthrael wrote: »
    I generally like to imagine my characters' voices in my head, so I've put a fair bit of thought into voice acting. Also, I'm British, which tends to carry through.

Yvoot (my tactical Bajoran captain): Nana Visitor doing a British accent.
    Elisa Flores: Veronica Taylor.
    Zarva: A slightly more mature-sounding Zoey Proasheck.
    T'Vrell: Cate Blanchett, again doing a British accent.
    Kolez: Siddig el-Fadil.

Korval (my tactical Klingon captain): Siddig el-Fadil doing a deep voice.
    K'Gan: Colm Meaney.
    Thraak: Whoever voiced the Gorn captain in "Arena".
    Ch'gren: I haven't the foggiest idea.
    B'Ellera: Dame Helen Mirren doing a Cockney accent.

Ke'thal (my scientific Bajoran captain): A younger Denise Crosby.
    Tovan Khev: Daniel Radcliffe.
    Satra: The Winter Epohh Researcher.
    Veril: Emma Wattson.
    Hiven: Rupert Grint.

The "Gorn Captain" in Arena was voiced by Ted Cassidy. He died in 1979, but there are comedians and actors who can do impersonations of his voice since he was also, famously, Lurch on The Adams Family (TV show).

He was also the voice of Balok in The Cobomite Manuver and fully present as Ruk in What Little Girls Are Made Of.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
  • xanthraelxanthrael Member Posts: 19 Arc User

The "Gorn Captain" in Arena was voiced by Ted Cassidy. He died in 1979, but there are comedians and actors who can do impersonations of his voice since he was also, famously, Lurch on The Adams Family (TV show).

He was also the voice of Balok in The Cobomite Manuver and fully present as Ruk in What Little Girls Are Made Of.

Oh, right, thank you.
    I am a radical feminist, and as such have no fear of being controversial. Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and I love it.
  • bulldogmacraggebulldogmacragge Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    male-woody allen , female - fran drescher
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    My Main Female : Jeniffer Lawrence

My Main Male : Peter Weller not only cause he has a cool voice but my main male toon is called Buckaroo Banzai :)
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    Aznia: Dominique McElligott
    Edinger: Alan Scarfe
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    For CatStar: The Baron from (The Cat Returns)
    Flash Dashing: Bruce Campbell
    James T Cat: a real cat meowing, using subtitles
    Caitian Picard: Patrick Stewart, who else ^^
    Maverick: The actor who played Agent Smith, in the Matrix
    My Feresan: Actor who played Kang in TOS trek
    Space Hunter: Lorin Greene
    Post edited by catstarsto on
    edited July 2015
    catstarsto wrote: »
    For CatStar: The Baron from (The Cat Returns)
    Flash Dashing: Bruce Campbell
    James T Cat: a real cat meowing, using subtitles
    Caitian Picard: Patrick Stewart, who else ^^
    Maverick: The actor who played Agent Smith, in the Matrix
    My Feresan: Actor who played Kang in TOS trek
    Space Hunter: Lorin Greene

Michael Ansara and Lorne Green are no longer with us. I'll bet you Josh Robert Thompson could impersonate both of them. He's amazing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt-vF7JjoV0

PWI could do a lot worse than hire this guy. :)

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I really can't decide how I want Admiral Klein's voice to sound.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    sumghai wrote: »
    I have no idea what VO my FED main (Zhang) would have, but I have a rough idea of who should voice some of my BOffs

As an addendum to my initial post, here's the Google Spreadsheet version of my VA wishlist:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p2Us0jHgttZ6dTP2WxBe-E7ReiIC7M3Y6Mnj-029BIk/edit#gid=0

I still haven't decided what my English VA would be, but I already have a good idea of the Japanese ones ;)

Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 835 Arc User
    Call me a bit fascinated with older actors and such, but for my Fed main, Iaeger, kinda read him in a voice akin to Jeff Bridges. If we're counting those no longer with us, I see Iaeger voiced as a cross of Bridges and John Wayne
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
    captan2er0 wrote: »
    Call me a bit fascinated with older actors and such, but for my Fed main, Iaeger, kinda read him in a voice akin to Jeff Bridges. If we're counting those no longer with us, I see Iaeger voiced as a cross of Bridges and John Wayne
    How about Jeff's dad?
    bridges_4.jpg

• serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    that guy that played Weyoun just awesome!!!

tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    My Main Female : Jeniffer Lawrence

My Main Male : Peter Weller not only cause he has a cool voice but my main male toon is called Buckaroo Banzai :)

My main and only character Buck, Frank Welker. Because, DECEPTICONS FOREVER!!!
  • stellardriftstellardrift Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Kim would be voiced by me of course. I voice her every week haha.

If it *has* to be someone famous, then Otep Shamaya.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 835 Arc User
    Thinking about my Gorn medic I've had forever and also semi-roleplay as a Section 31 created android, I think I'd want Kevin Tighe (Henry Janeway from 11:59, anyone?) to voice my Gorn with a bit of a robotic and slight reptilian flare.

Just seems kinda fitting there and also continues the theme established with my Fed Engineer on a previous page.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • themightythor00themightythor00 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Mark Hamill would do my characters voice
    11221406_435668056620006_2995671467376040587_n.jpg?oh=45d5b059f596d863c4aea794dfe5f17b&oe=5661818E
  • siralexanderdanesiralexanderdane Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Timothy Olyphant,H. Jon Benjamin, or of course...Alan Rickman
  • siralexanderdanesiralexanderdane Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    male-woody allen , female - fran drescher

Wow, I never want to meet either of them:P
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Male Human Fed - Karl Urban
    Female Orion Klink- Jennifer Hale

Perfect for both my tactical characters.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Some of these aren't necessarily famous and plenty of them aren't still alive, but these are the voices I hear my various captains speak in, usually...

FED:
    Drake (Male Human Tac): Since he's from Sigma Iotia II and grew up on stories of the pre-Kirk days, he's got a bit of a gangster mindset - voice, Humphrey Bogart.

Vortek (Male Vulcan Eng): Jason Grey-Stanford, who voiced Sherlock Holmes in the short-lived cartoon "Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century"

Therm (Male Andorian Eng): Jerry Doyle, along the same lines as Garibaldi from "Babylon 5"

M'Sanawa (Male Caitian Eng): George C. Scott, doing his best reprisal of "Patton"

Jouster (Male Human Eng): Since the character, his ship and crew are one big Red Dwarf joke, Craig Charles would have to be the voice actor for him.

Sica (Female Bajoran Eng): Claudia Christian in the same vein as Ivanova from "Babylon 5"

Grogan (Male Tellarite Eng): The late, great Jack Webb, with the same kind of dead-pan snarks and hard-nosed attitude that he made famous as Det. Sgt. Joe Friday on "Dragnet".

Klaa (Male Klingon Eng): Christian Kane, ala Spencer from "Leverage"

KDF:
    Wh'chita (Male Orion Sci): This one's going to sound weird to some; Kenneth Copeland. If you've seen him in the 'Gunslinger' trilogy, though, you'll understand.

K'saur (Male Gorn Eng): Chris Latta, reprising his depiction of Cobra Commander in the 86's "G.I. Joe" animated movie after he began his transformation into a snake-creature, complete with the hissing and drawn out 's' sounds.

Katze (Male Ferasan Eng): Steven Blum, the voice of Spike Spiegel in the "Cowboy Bebop" english dub.

Ras'lor (Male Klingon Eng): Sgt. Slaughter, of "G.I. Joe" and professional wrestling fame.

Farago (Male Lethean Eng): Even though he's passed away, Harold Ramis probably fits the character best.

Kehla (Female Klingon Eng): Tress MacNeille, Colleen from "Road Rovers" (though maybe not quite with the British accent, but the attitude is similar).

Conphed (Male Nausicaan Tac): Peter Stormare, who voiced Mattias in the "Mercenaries" games would be Conphed's voice. ("Starfleet has a ship with a cloaking device and a big gun, the Romulans have a ship with a cloaking device and a big gun... why can't I have a cloaking device on my ship with a big gun?")

ROM:
    Jathan (Male Romulan Eng): Like any good Romulan, he has a thing for over-the-top dramatics and flair, so who better than the late, great Raul Julia to voice the part. (I can just imagine him during the fight with Hakeev in "Cutting The Cord", when Hakeev beam in reinforcements and then Obisek beams in and raises an interference field to cut off any further Tal Shiar, saying "Dirty pool, Hakeev... never again.")

R'mel (Male Reman Eng): Clint Eastwood at his finest, definitely.

Kirque (Male 'Hirogen'-Alien Eng): David DeLuise, Coop from "Mega XLR"

Iliana (Female 'Romulan-Cardassian half-breed'-alien Eng): Wendee Lee, Kiva from "Megas XLR".

Livanus (Male 'Neosapian'-alien Eng): Richard Newman, who voiced the character of Phaeton in the old "ExoSquad" cartoon back in the 90's.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • avanterranavanterran Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Starfleet Male Human:
    David Tennant, doing a 10th Doctor esque impression, I dunno why but I feel like it'd just work if he was some kind of Starfleet captain.

EDIT: Although I would like to point out that I prefer to just make the characters I create in games like these as close to me as possible, it just makes working with them more meaningful, especially the more customization you have.
    If someone who knew the future pointed out a child to you and told you that that child would grow up totally evil to be a ruthless dictator who would destroy millions of lives... could you then kill that child?

~The Doctor
  • admiralsvak2admiralsvak2 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    T-an: Susan Eisenberg (She was the voice of Wonder Woman in Justice League and many other DC related stuff)
    Mirra: Michelle Monaghan (Once again another voice actress who does wonder woman but hers is more xena like)
    Nattra: Tara Strong
    Jeen: Tabitha St. Germain
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Most of mine would be voice-able by Chloe Bennett, I think. Her command voice would be a bit more Chloe Bennett imitating the Melinda May character at both of their dryest.
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    My main female Fed TACT, Morya Salvia Koliya: Weedee Lee
    My KDF TACT Orion, Devna D'Nesh: also Weedee Lee
    My Delta Recruit, Ray Tracer from "ReBoot": Donal Gibson (from the original show, duh)
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    djxprime wrote: »
    For Capt. Dennis Xaivier--aka DJX--the top three voice actors I would probably choose would be either Mark Hamil, Richard Epcar, or Tony Oliver. Sort of thinking along the anime thing on this one.
    Tony Oliver is AWESOME! I met him back at Youmancon in 2006. Great guy with a heart of gold. =3

• flumfflumf Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    For my main Character Claire think I'll go with Courtenay Taylor Voice actor for the Female protaganist in Fallout 4 because, well it's friggin' Fallout 4.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate even the concept of roleplaying. But if (IF) my characters had voices, I too would choose Sir Christopher Lee.

Although I must also say that John Cleese is also on my list.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Easy, Linda Fiorentino on my KDF main, Bruce Willis on my male Klingon, and that guy that plays Steve Urkel on my Fed.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG