test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Broken Circle' broken after patch 23/7/15

daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited July 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Herald reinforcements on the ground are beaming in and instantly beaming out again or get stuck in the walls/floor which renders the mission impossible to complete, also if beaming out there is no way to beam back in, you must drop and replay the whole mission.

Comments

• screwloose53184screwloose53184 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'm having a similar issue to where I cannot complete the Hunting for Iconians part of the mission. After I get into the 3rd power junction room before the command center, it shows M'Tara in the cutscene, but when it completes, she is not there. I cannot complete this mission because of the latest patch. Please fix this issue as I love this mission because I can battle an Iconian!

CKn3GGUWoAQMsUr.jpg:large

**edit** Mission is completable by going to the command room and shutting down one of the power junctions, then another cutscene and she shows up. After that, the mission completes as normal.
    Post edited by screwloose53184 on
    Fleet Leader of STO Fleets: The Illegitimate Children of Kirk & Champions of Sto'Vo'Kor
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I can not complete this either after 5 tries of the Herald reinforcements disappearing into the floor.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I'm still getting the same problem - will try the workaround mentioned in the OP, but have no great hopes....

(This was supposed to be fixed, wasn't it?)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Yep, it sure would be nice to actually be able to play this from start to end.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    I just now hit this same issue. I'm almost to end of mission, in room with 4 junctions to disable.. I disabled the first 2, but it wont let me do the 2nd 2 because 3 of the iconian reinforcements are stuck in a wall (a construct and 2 others). There is no way to reach them....and they wont come to me , nor will any of my own NPCs reach them.

I tried exiting STO hoping that it would log me back in at last spawn point so I could redo the room, but unforunately it remembered everythign, including the position of 3 iconians inside a wall!

So then I tried beaming out..but now it wont let me restart mission. I would really like to finish this mission and get the reward, but there are so many scenes where iconians beam in, it is hard to finish without them porting into walls.

I did not have the issue on my one run prior to patch, though I had similar problem on the mission with Khaless....several times in the room where we control the omega particles, there would be one iconian that is stuck high up on a wall..he is untargetable by me or my ground team, but he can target me...which makes it very hard to activate the console long enough because he kept shooting me to interrupt. after about 20 tries i'll time it just right.

What can I do in thie broken circle issue? Other games have a /rewind issue if you get stuck...but in this case it is the iconians that are stuck.

Either the game needs a way to reset fight to start of last spawn point....or recognize that if Iconian NPCs will not engage and allow mission to continue to next step.
    Herald reinforcements on the ground are beaming in and instantly beaming out again or get stuck in the walls/floor which renders the mission impossible to complete, also if beaming out there is no way to beam back in, you must drop and replay the whole mission.

Actually if you beam out, you can rejoin mission..you have to fly to Iconia system, and there it will give you option to continue...it restarts you at beginning of the ground mission part...unfortunately I did that and halfway in got stuck again..this time due to Mtara not appearing out of portal.
    OK, I found a way to finish if MTara doesnt appear....it was on the 2nd area of 2 consoles to disable...because she did not apepar and objective was still set to fight mtara, the 2nd console was protected by force field and could not interact.

However, the NEXT area (the one with 4 consoles) was still open and those consoles were active....and when I activated them, she did appear there....I was finally able to finish the room of 4 since no reinforcemetns got stuck in wall this time..a.nd the game didnt really care that I did not finish that 2nd console in the prior room... Anyway, still buggy and should be fixed.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I also just experienced this bug when I attempted to replay the featured episode ... Herald reinforcements spawn inside walls and under the floors, making it impossible to fight/kill them so the episode cannot be completed.

So much for trying to get the weekly rewards from the featured episode. If the featured episode is so bugged that players cannot complete the episode then there is no way to earn the weekly reward.

Awesome.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.