F7PlZfu.png

Enjoy your dogs!

free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    Feel free to sent some my way, maybe some Porthos'. I want to test my new airlock humanly curb overpopulation.
    @artan42​​
    Post edited by artan42 on
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    Dogboxing sounds so wrong lol
    server_hamster6.png
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Feel free to sent some my way, maybe some Porthos'. I want to test my new airlock.
    @artan42​​

That's what Cats are for...
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Lol open them all and "TaDa" now tagging all those Epohhs will finally pay off.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    lsegn wrote: »
    Feel free to sent some my way, maybe some Porthos'. I want to test my new airlock.
    @artan42​​

Maybe we could use the airlock on you... cats obviously deserve more respect lol.
    @artan42

No. Cats are to be loved and petted, dogs are transporter experiment subjects. ​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

edited July 2015
    @artan42

No. Cats are to be loved and petted, dogs are transporter experiment subjects. ​​

Well, I'm not much of animal person but I do prefer a pet that gives something back. If you give a dog love and affection you receive the same without any work at all. When you give Demon Spawn from hell (Cats) love and affection they treat you like garbage. I already have a woman in my life so I get enough of that already. ;)
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    Wow...looks like dogs are good for business. Anyone actually paying 24MIL to 80MIL in the exchange for these for real? Don't think cats were that popular. Nice going from cryptic to create that randomness in getting porthos. Guess some people DO love those beagles that much normal-50.gif​​
    DUwNP.gif

Wow...looks like dogs are good for business. Anyone actually paying 24MIL to 80MIL in the exchange for these for real? Don't think cats were that popular. Nice going from cryptic to create that randomness in getting porthos. Guess some people DO love those beagles that much normal-50.gif​​

You got no proof! :open_mouth:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    @artan42

No. Cats are to be loved and petted, dogs are transporter experiment subjects.

Well, I'm not much of animal person but I do prefer a pet that gives something back. If you give a dog love and affection you receive the same without any work at all. When you give Demon Spawn from hell (Cats) love and affection they treat you like garbage. I already have a woman in my life so I get enough of that already. ;)

Cats give back. They help you look smug and superior to dog owners. Plus they know what a litter box is for. ​​

#TASforSTO

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Be careful with your dogboxing science, you might get reassigned to Delta Vega if you botch it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    I hope you don't plan on keeping 250 dogs for yourself. That can easily lead to public nuisance and endangerment citations. Abandonment is out, as the number of strays are astronomical as they are, so I might suggest doing the humane thing and gently deleting them from your inventory box to curb overpopulation. It's everyone's responsibility to put down dogs they can not properly manage to keep STO from becoming Kennels Online.
    He did it on Tribble. What stays on Tribble, stays on Tribble.

Except bugs, of course. ANd features.

But not your character. Heck, he might not even stay on Tribble, he might just be deleted at some point.

Okay, maybe I need to rethink my second sentence in this post. ​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited July 2015
    @artan42

My cats gave me more love and affection than any dog in the world. Some of you keep believing in the urban legend that cats cant be affective lol. I think its time you wake up!! cats are loved in the whole world by more people than you could think, specially by animal lovers, because they love em for what they are, magnificient creatures. And that person will say to you that thinking that a cat cant give "love" or "affection" to a human is almost stupid.. i prefer cats because their behaviour is genuine. For a cat love their mere presence is enough, and cats are so smart that if you give em love, they will give it back to you in the most selfless way. Even more than dogs. Dogs sometimes give you affection expeting compensation in return. They are raised that way through centuries.

But, meh reading things like "When you give em love and affection they treat you like garbage".. well, i dont need to read anymore, you obviously dont like animals, just dogs and obviously you never had more than 1 cat in your life. I had dogs and cats (between other strange creatures lol) and dogs can treat you like TRIBBLE like cats can do it as well. Not because cats are more alone creatures that means they treat you like TRIBBLE.. some of you are soo sort minded lol.
  • trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User

Well, it is canon.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    @artan42

My cats give back everyday, they show me love, and affection. Hell right now my calico is laying on the arm of the couch next to me, against my arm, purring while I type.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Yup STO is going to the dogs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    @artan42

You clearly have the wrong cats (pr they are aware of your dislike--either is possible). Both of mine are nice cats. One is more shy (nice once she warms up to you and then you have a nap buddy), but the other is an absolute cuddlebuddy who is always eager to purr for you (sometimes just because she knows you're nearby, without even petting her), rub her head on your hand, sit on your lap and gently knead, give your hand a bath, and just generally love you without you having to do very much.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited July 2015
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!

#TASforSTO

• kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    My cat kills vermin, and that is more than any dog has done for me.

And she saved my life once. My wife bumped the k-nob on the gas stove one day, and instead of just running for the hills like she could have, she bumped and nudged me until I woke up and saved us.

Plus, my cat is well trained. She comes when I call her name, understands nearly every concept I try to convey to her, and is generally an amazing pet.

If your cat isn't treating you right, perhaps that says more about the owner than the pet.

Dogs annoy me. So sycophantic.

Edit: Really? k-nob is censored? The profanity filter on this new forum is out of control...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
    I WILL say that not all cats are as people-friendly, kimmym. The key in my opinion is that if you know you expect certain things in your pet, go to a rescue that is either no-cage, or lets the cats out to play often, and actually spend a lot of time interacting with the cat before you take him/her in. Visit multiple times--really start building up that relationship before you make a commitment. (Or if you're taking in a street cat, spend a lot of time interacting before you transition the cat to the house.) Before I ever adopted my cats, I had a pretty clear idea what their personalities were going to be like.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    My cat is a rescue cat. Perhaps that is why she is so well behaved. We are quite strongly bonded. You can tell she knows I saved her from a bad situation.

I will say I'm the only person on the planet she behaves this way with.

I tend to have this type of relationship with cats. I will admit that this is the strongest bond I've ever had, tho.

I even immortalized her in game with a little Russian Blue pet off the exchange. 9mil but worth every penny (That was like a year ago, who knows what inflation has done since then)
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    I saw the phrase "stacking dogs for science" and got my hopes up about some new stackable power that SCI captains can use. I am now a little sad. Maybe if I buy a dog, that will cheer me up.

Lockbox keys sell at 3.6MM each, meaning I need 7 keys (= 875 Zen) to get the 24MM to buy one. That is $8.75 real-life-money for a digital vanity pet. I am with you @repetitiveepic , that seems cheap.
    kimmym wrote: »
    I even immortalized her in game with a little Russian Blue pet off the exchange. 9mil but worth every penny (That was like a year ago, who knows what inflation has done since then)

Haha, I'm grateful that my cats are a tabby and calico. Saved me a bundle. ;)

• cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    @artan42

My cats gave me more love and affection than any dog in the world. Some of you keep believing in the urban legend that cats cant be affective lol. I think its time you wake up!! cats are loved in the whole world by more people than you could think, specially by animal lovers, because they love em for what they are, magnificient creatures. And that person will say to you that thinking that a cat cant give "love" or "affection" to a human is almost stupid.. i prefer cats because their behaviour is genuine. For a cat love their mere presence is enough, and cats are so smart that if you give em love, they will give it back to you in the most selfless way. Even more than dogs. Dogs sometimes give you affection expeting compensation in return. They are raised that way through centuries.

But, meh reading things like "When you give em love and affection they treat you like garbage".. well, i dont need to read anymore, you obviously dont like animals, just dogs and obviously you never had more than 1 cat in your life. I had dogs and cats (between other strange creatures lol) and dogs can treat you like TRIBBLE like cats can do it as well. Not because cats are more alone creatures that means they treat you like TRIBBLE.. some of you are soo sort minded lol.

My cats are very affectionate, one of them will raise it's paw at you and hold it there if it wants attention, while the other one will get up and lay it's front paws for attention much like a dog does when jumping on people
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    kimmym wrote: »
    My cat kills vermin, and that is more than any dog has done for me.

Depends on the breed. Some are excellent at pest control, being better than most cats at the job.

gulberat wrote: »
    I WILL say that not all cats are as people-friendly, kimmym.

The same way not all dogs are as people-friendly lol. It is a 2 way observation.
    I've never had a good experience with a cat, ever. It doesn't help that I'm allergic to most animals. All I DO know is that for some odd reason I like my sisters German Shepherd, she is without a doubt the most entertaining and intelligent animal I've ever known.

One water hose and one German Shepherd is all you need for endless entertainment, and these dogs intelligence is not exaggerated. She is smarter than most people I know, she can even open doorknobs and come in the house by herself among other things. The other day she was locked in with her puppies and needed to go to the restroom so she found a way to open the fence and get out (this was a metal link fence mind you) so she wouldn't have to TRIBBLE where her babies were sleeping. I guess in comparison to her no other pets can really do it for me.