test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master Foundry Bug List

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it might be that you need to turn "Patch on Demand" off. When you try to login to foundry it'll patch while you're trying to open the interface, which can cause timeouts. the good news is that it does patch a little each time it times out though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • luckeytarsenluckeytarsen Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's not from a specific mission. I tried to contact Cryptic but they sent me here.When I try to load a project it starts loading, then 36 minutes later i get disconnected from the server.
    edited March 2015
    I can't turn it off because I never get that far. When I click "Edit project" it loads for 36 minutes and then I get disconnected from the server.
    edited March 2015
    PAtch on demand is something that you need to turn off in the game launcher, not the foundry editor. there's an options button somewhere int here.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited March 2015
    I have tried and it still doesn't work.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    I would make your own thread in this forum with the details you provided earlier, but make sure to attach the project's ST-code. Crypticfrost is good about helping people with these kinds of problems.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It seems the Y-axis keeps resetting to zero. I place an object and type the Y-axis to 1.50. It resets to zero after 1 second. This happens even with the "snap to grid" un-highlighted.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't know if this is an error or not but the " Gateway - Borg Chroniton " is supposed to be on a Space map and not on the Outdoor and Indoor map. So yeah, is the detail object been placed in the wrong map Inventory Library?
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • voyagerberkutvoyagerberkut Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I do not know whether this was not an issue in the subject, but still write about it.
    When I passed the mission "Temporal Ambassador", I got the ship "Support Cruiser". Some of the equipment I wanted to move to his ship, which I have to accept the award. I removed all the equipment (somewhere in the 50,000 Energy Credits). After selecting another ship all removed items disappear from the inventory.
    Recheck this error, I do not want to. To me it was very expensive, because my level commander.
  • dazzy4571dazzy4571 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Every else works fine apart from the placing of objects onto a map, while in the editor the objects appear yellow/red/green and completely off scale and the image is cut in half corrupted images I guess, it only has been happening since the patch on the 4th July 2015, launch of the Risa event.

Is there something I have done or something that is widely noticed? :)
    edited June 2015
    dazzy4571 wrote: »
    Every else works fine apart from the placing of objects onto a map, while in the editor the objects appear yellow/red/green and completely off scale and the image is cut in half corrupted images I guess, it only has been happening since the patch on the 4th July 2015, launch of the Risa event.

Is there something I have done or something that is widely noticed? :)

It's nothing you did, it's a universal problem that was introduced with the Season 10 update. I can confirm it is being looked at, but I do not know any kind of ETA as to when it'll be fixed.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    It's nothing you did, it's a universal problem that was introduced with the Season 10 update. I can confirm it is being looked at, but I do not know any kind of ETA as to when it'll be fixed.

We are aware of the issue, but I don't have an ETA for fix either.
    STO QA Team
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    When playing Foundry missions with a teammate you and the teammate will start the mission together but end up in different instances upon transferring to a new map in the mission and you cannot transfer into your teammates instance.
    y1arXbh.png

• hizenburghizenburg Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Hey all,

Anyone experience a problem when playing foundry missions with a team,, everytime we transfered to an indoor ground map my team mate would be put in there own instance of the map.

Space maps fine, outdoor ground maps fine, but then when we got to any indoor ground map , we got split into or own map instances ,, and then on the next space or outside ground map we would be put back in the same instance of the map. The entire time we were in the same team.
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    PLanets placed do not match the preview pane. Example Preview show icy planet, placed and tested shows rocky or gas giant.
  • wolfyplayer#5146 wolfyplayer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    After the latest patch came in, I can't even access the Foundry anymore, the tab "Create Content" isn't clickable anymore. That's frustrating because I started working on a mission before the patch was released :(
    That was a temporary downtime, much like we had with the patch last week. I believe it to be something to do with alleviating the lag that is introduced by the anniversary event.

It is back on now.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Unless I've gotten incredibly lucky, the bug where NPCs in space jump to the 0, 0, 0 coordinate during play tests has been fixed. I remember that one being a real nightmare when I was testing my (unfinished) Iconian War mission, but I didn't run into it at all with my latest two.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Ok since I'm not digging through 7 pages of bugs to see if this has been reported.

1 - As noted in my NPC Bug. The Judge and Uhlans in First City count as the same character for Interaction and Dialogue.
    2- Light - Klingon Ground #1 and #2, the fire for both are at base level instead of on top of it like they should be.
    3- Nopada Desert Map - There is no transition from the ship end of the map to the desert end of the map.
    4 - Space Reach Markers - This may just be me. But when I place a Reach Marker on a planet in a space map. Even if I manually set Y to 0 it still bugs and goes up.

I'll edit this as I find more.
    Post edited by trennan on
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • chkargh#2024 chkargh Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    So the Foundry has a lot of bugs. A LOT of bugs. Many of which go back as far as the Foundry itself. I feel it's a little too easy for bugs to slip through the cracks. So I'm going to try and keep a record of what bugs are currently know to still be present. I know it's going to be long, but if it's worth the devs taking time to fix, then it's worth us taking time to document. When bugs get fixed, it'll also serve to list bugs that have gotten fixed.

I of course can't do this alone. If you have a bug that isn't on the list, post it below. The only condition is that it needs to be specific. "A buch of assets are broken" isn't helpful, but "The pivot point for Cave Wall 06, 07 and 09 is not centered" is.

I'll try and groups related bugs such as objects with texture errors. I'll be following up if I need more specifics. I don't know if this will work or if any of these will get fixed, but it's best if it's not because we didn't try.

Red = Critical Bugs (Bugs that are very publicly visible or cause severe problems for a multitude of authors.)
    Yellow = Higher Priority Bugs (Bugs that cause widespread issues, but aren't as obvious as critical bugs.)

Bugs

• Objects in the map editor appear with corrupted images.
    • NPCs disappear from preview if set to wander or jobs (especially player-placed platforms)**
    • The mission rating and star value is missing on the project selection screen
    • Ship Contacts cannot be selected as contacts in dialog boxes
    • Custom sun lighting on space maps has no effect**
    • Using copy and paste to copy objects will reset the Y value of the selected object to 0. Duplicating will preserve the Y value.
    • The following NPC animations either don't follow their descriptions or fail to do anything
      • Draw weapon
      • Gloat
      • Hold Tricorder (both versions)
      • Sit - Captain Slow
      • Stand - Rifle
      • Stand - shotgun idle
      • Stand - shotgun ready
      • Talk- Gesturing
      • Undine - Idle look around (Tested on an Undine Ensign)
    • All Mood animations fail to show any facial expression in both dialog boxes and when applied to NPCs directly
    • Occasionally objects previewed in the right asset pane will show up in other asset previews widows as well as dialog boxes showing characters while previewing a map
    • Selecting a costume from the Project Maps tab for a dialog box fails to apply
    • Scroll wheel zoom doesn't work when hovering over a dialog box in the dialog editor. In larger dialog trees, this can be a huge inconvenience.
    • On semi-rare occasions, clicking on a dialog box in the dialog editor to edit text will immediatly close requiring several attemps for it to stay open. (This may be related to latency at high load times)
    • Assets listed in the map asset list (left pane) will not sort aphabetically until their name has been changed from their default name
    • When directly previewing a space map, one or more of the players bridge officers will spawn at the center of the map and fall repeatedly
    • Dialog Prompt Reached triggers fail to work properly if no objective has been placed on the map
    • Occasionally certain space NPCs will jump to coordinates (0, 0, 0)
    • A Component Complete will always trigger after a dialogue box, if it is selected as one of the trigger targets, even if there are multiple other targets which have not been completed yet. (Repo Steps)
    • The console command "/ugc_freecam 1" no longer functions.
    • When previewing a mission, if God Mode is already selected from a previous preview, it will fail to prevent the player's death until it it deselected and reselected.

Features Removed Because of Bugs (And Have Yet to be Returned)

• The ability to designate a mission as Romulan
    • Costume Import Export
    • Dialog with Object

Not Working as Intended

• When a player stops a mission party way through, they must go through completed versions of every map to get to the place they left off
    • Default dialog boxes lack a way to set the interact button text
    • The coordinate system was converted to meters but the snap to grid and sizes in the descriptions still use feet
    • Warp in animations loop instead of playing once
    • Beam Out animation ends with the NPC reappearing
    • Many romulan costume options were added but only have basic options available
    • Using multi-select to select an NPC group causes all NPC inside the group to be selected. This prevents the entire selected group from being copied or duplicated.
    • The following items are rooms, but the Foundry will attempt to push the player/NPCs out on spawn or when transitioning the object to visible
      • Transporter Room
      • Holodeck 01
    • Moving from a player map to a cryptic social map lacks any options to change the interaction dialog. (The default is of an Academy Cadet asking is you would like the go to the next map, which is very out of character.)
    • When map assets are listed for a map (i.e. when selecting the object for a Interact with Object objective) the list is sorter by object number, not alphabetically (This makes finding ibjects via the list difficult)
    • The Foundry mission search list has several issues
      • Top Rated search window only shows first 50 missions
      • Missions in Foundry misson list

Asset Errors

• A couple of interior maps have had their space cut in half causing part of the map to be inaccessable
      • Briar Patch Research Interior
    • Maps based on the older Klingon Great Hall have major geometry disappear on lower graphics settings. (Pic)
      • Qo'Nos Great Hall Interior
      • Qo'Nos Great Hall Under Attack
    • Colony building icons do not show on the map (Part of it shows up. mostly the tarp/overhang things.)
    • Attempting to select certain ship costumes in the costume editor results in a crash.
      • Elachi Battleship Drone
      • Kamarag class
      • Luna class (one of the skins)
    • Some ship costumes fail to display any geometry
      • Andorian Charal
      • Bortasqu Battleship (2nd Entry*)
      • Draguas Fleet science vessel
      • Elachi battleship (4th Entry*)
      • Elachi drone
      • Elachi Frigate
      • Elachi Shuttle
      • Galaxy X (1st Entry*)
      • Phalanx Fleet Science Vessel
      • Romulan Drone
      • Scimitar Type
      • Vesta Class
    • Mirror Universe NPC groups either use the beam out animation instead of the beam in animation or just fade in
    • Transporter Room asset will cause objects on pre-made maps to disappear
    • Some devices have pivot points well outside their geometry
      • Device - Borg Space 01
      • Door - Klingon 01
    • Several of the pre-placed assets in Moon Clearing map hover above the ground
    • Several of the Night - Exterior backdrops have transparent moons
    • Consoles that support the Job behavior for NPCs no longer show the icon representing this (This makes it impossible to tell which console support this feature)
    • The following assets should be removed
      • Odyssey Class Cruiser (4th Entry*) (This is a transitional version for the docking animations; The Foundry lacks any way to use this)
      • Odyssey Class Cruiser (5th Entry*) (This is a transitional version for the docking animations; The Foundry lacks any way to use this)
    • The following assets had no visual representation in the 2D editor
      • Forcefield - Broken 01
      • Forcefield - Horizontal 01
    • A number of space backdrops have clipping issues
    • Several of the plasma fire effects have switched from green to red
      • Plasma Leak Green 01
      • Plasma Fire 01
    • Wall - Door 01 through 08 are missing their light strips
    • Federation Lockers have random open/closed states (This causes issues when attempting to use specific versions)
    • The the bottom of the map, Olympic Bridge 01, appears to be too close to the floor of the room and will sometimes trigger the edge-of-map beam-out dialog (This only seems to occur after publish)
    • The following items are categorized as buildings but are actually detail objects:
      • Vulcan Vase - Large 01
      • Vulcan Vase - Large 02
    • Pool Cue Stick 01 description states it is laying flat, but it is actually standing up

Labeling Issues

• Ship Costumes
      • Odyssey Class Cruiser (1st Entry*) -> Odyssey - Chevron Only
      • Odyssey -> Odyssey Class Cruiser
      • Odyssey Class Cruiser (2nd Entry*) -> Odyssey - Stardrive Only
      • Odyssey Class Cruiser (3rd Entry*) -> Odyssey - Without Aquarius
    • Emotes
      • Tricorder emotes for both Federation and KDF are both labeled Tricorder making it difficult to tell the difference

* Based on the order in which it appears in the current version of the Foundry editor

My problem is if I want to put a computer devices it stand not on the ground but is hangin in the air. Help please otherwise I cannot continue by my "save the Iconian homeworld".
    Qapla'!
    sounds like you need to adjust the y value of the device.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    Hey folks, it's been far too long, but with new and more serious Foundry bugs appearing I think this thread is more necessary than ever. This is not a thread to complain to Cryptic, but to help them in identifying these bugs. In this past this has proven a worthwhile tool for Cryptic's QA and keep this list up to date and as compete, but concise as one of the best ways we can help to get these bugs squashed.

To that end, I've gone through and pruned a few bugs that have been fixed. I've also marked a bunch in (admittedly difficult yo see) grey to indicate that the issue is out of date and/or needs to be retested. Keeping this list up to date is far to big a job for one person, so I'm hoping you all can help me.

Just a couple of notes, concise, but complete information is important. Additionally, listing out reproducible steps can be the single greatest thing you can do to help. Also, when a new bug comes in, getting independent verification is also helpful as we can establish if it's something one person is seeing or multiple people (not all bugs are universal.)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Information on key new editor bugs:

Objective triggers spontaneously fail while testing in the editor
    • When it occurs, an objective will fail to proceed to the next objective or trip any relevant triggers.
    • Adding another story tab item (eg. pop-up dialog, objectives) before the bugged objective will clear the bug.
    • Restarting the editor may also clear the bug, but also cause other objectives to stop working.
    • It's unclear what the trigger of this bug is (I think it can happen without making new changes to the story tab).
    • Started following the Artifacts update and accompanying Foundry downtime.
    • Published missions are fine.

Map transitions not working
    • Map transitions do not work in the editor.

I'll also add that the list of bugged animations could use an update. There was a shift not too long ago, with some bugging out and others starting to work. For example: stand - rifle works but impatient doesn't. I can start compiling a new list.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I don't see this on the list and I'm not sure which subheading it should go under, but...

Most NPC factions that were introduced to STO in Legacy of Romulus and later seasons or expansions (such as the Elachi or the Tzenkethi) still can't be filtered using the NPC Groups pulldown faction menu (for both ground and space). They are only visible/searchable/selectable from the list when the pulldown menu selection is All.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    Objective triggers spontaneously fail while testing in the editor
    • When it occurs, an objective will fail to proceed to the next objective or trip any relevant triggers.
    • Adding another story tab item (eg. pop-up dialog, objectives) before the bugged objective will clear the bug.
    • Restarting the editor may also clear the bug, but also cause other objectives to stop working.
    • It's unclear what the trigger of this bug is (I think it can happen without making new changes to the story tab).

We need to come up with a set of reproducible steps, otherwise QA isn't going to really get what we're talking about.
    Map transitions not working
    • Map transitions do not work in the editor.

I'll add it to the list.
    I'll also add that the list of bugged animations could use an update. There was a shift not too long ago, with some bugging out and others starting to work. For example: stand - rifle works but impatient doesn't. I can start compiling a new list.

Yeah, it's going to require someone going through and testing each animation.
    I don't see this on the list and I'm not sure which subheading it should go under, but...

Most NPC factions that were introduced to STO in Legacy of Romulus and later seasons or expansions (such as the Elachi or the Tzenkethi) still can't be filtered using the NPC Groups pulldown faction menu (for both ground and space). They are only visible/searchable/selectable from the list when the pulldown menu selection is All.

Would you be willing to compile a list of which factions aren't properly appearing in which groups?
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Some more bugs to drop in here.

Costume Color Pallets. These are bugged. Trying to create costumes now becomes a test of patience. As the color pallet will bug and 80% of the color selections will become unusable. For now, just exiting the project and reloading it will fix this issue. But, this gets very old, very fast, when you're forced to have to do it on almost on every piece of a costume.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind taking a few hours to create a costume look. But once I have that down and all I need to do is tweak per species/gender. I really don't want to take an hour per costume created, by having to save, close project, and reload the entire editor just to put the correct colors on a costume.

The premade maps that have overlays, i.e. The Empok Nor interior. The overlay for the hall piece bottom left of the map. The piece that looks like a Starbase top. I understand you're using this for the hall way. But the overlay causes placement problems. I've been trying to use this map, but the room that in this hallway is annoying. I can place NPC groups just fine, even Contacts, by placing them outside of the area, then using /loc to move them to the right point. The problem here is the Y axis, you can go from Y= 0 to Y =24.99. Whatever you place does not move off the floor. Then once you hit 25 or higher, the piece disappears. This makes the upper level of that room unusable(I'm still toying with this to see if there's a work around, i.e. a preset height at which one can place objects on the upper level.)

The jumpsuit is bugged as well. When you're jumping between outfit selections, most of the time, it always shows the jumpsuit. Even if you select an Armor costume. Also the random costume generator, tends to always generate the jumpsuit pieces about 90% of the time.

The map transition is bugged, which has already been noted.

Some quest triggers do not load correctly in the preview, i.e. setting a Interact with Contact in a Cryptic map, may result in having to reload the preview a few times in order to get the trigger to show up.

Also, this is likely already known. But, Wander and Jobs also do not work in the preview.

The Klingon Battle Arena, the four torches around the exterior are floating over the platform.

Some assets do not load in the piece preview under the asset selection menu.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ncc42662ncc42662 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    These bugs have probably been mentioned but as it appears this thread has virtually died it may be mute. I know there are more I wish I could remember at this particular juncture, but two off the top of my head are:

1) Custom created costumes for the defiant variants scales are FAR too large. i.e. if you put a custom designed defiant beside the cryptic defiant it is about 5 times larger. Before you say, why make a custom defiant when it's already made for you... I am only mentioning it because it also affects the "variants". i.e. If I want a Valiant class in a mission I have to custom create it and then it is FAR too large.

2) Many of the custom created ship costumes will not allow you to change the window type from the default of either fleet or type 1. Minor but it also relates to the minor inability of having a customs registry other than the default of something like "098709870987" or whatever it is.

So I guess that was really three things off the top of my head :/;)
    "The Prime Directive is merely a guideline to help make the right choice" -Vn'dor Phail, Capt
    :: sneezes :: Why is it no-one dusts the bridge on Starfleet vessels?" -Emsil Marat, Glinn
    "We can not interfere in the progression of one's life" -Richard Lynch, LtCdr
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    ncc42662 wrote: »
    1) Custom created costumes for the defiant variants scales are FAR too large. i.e. if you put a custom designed defiant beside the cryptic defiant it is about 5 times larger. Before you say, why make a custom defiant when it's already made for you... I am only mentioning it because it also affects the "variants". i.e. If I want a Valiant class in a mission I have to custom create it and then it is FAR too large.

I just took at look at this. Those are some big Defiants (ie. the custom space costumes.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    One bug that's been there for a least a year is that when you place your Tactical (space) officer in a dialogue, it uses your Science (space) officer instead.

Also, all Federation ships still use a random number (lots of nines and sevens) in place of their name and registry number.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
This discussion has been closed.