test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Locked weapons firing mode

i'd really like to be able to lock down certain weapons into specific firing modes.

What i mean here is that say, my AP DHC are locked to only fire in rapid fire, or my DBA only fire in BAO, torp X only fire on torp spread while torp Y only fires on high yeild, mines A only fire in dispersal pattern alpha and mines B only fire in beta, etc....

any way to do this?

Comments

• enkemenenkemen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Goodness no.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Nothing in game will allow you to do this without bridge officer powers or certain mods on the weapons you equip.

certain traits etc may without looking I'm not sure but they will only cycle the same as powers and mods, what your talking about I'm pretty sure there isn't anything in game to let you do this.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    Some time spent seperating them into hot bars of their own, along with correct keybinding/macro would work!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    Groan, macros....

I hate writing code.

guess I should drop this idea. I'm not gonna be in the thick of battle and yell out, "Whorf, FIRE ALL WEAPONS--(except that one we were talking about in the ready room...)"
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Make keybinds for your weapons and hotbar your boff abillities. Shadowwraith has said it already.

I have Alt left for firing torps and Alt right for launching mines, so I can mix and match, manually, as I like. However, you can make a keybind for a specific weapon AND a boff abillity. You do have to press the key twice, first press activates the abillity, say crf, second press, fires the weapon.
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    I think the best you will get is to fire each category of weapon individually. In key binds you can set keys to fire all energy weapons, fire all torpedoes, fire all mines, fire energy weapons and torpedoes, fire all torpedoes and mines, and fire all weapons.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Forgive my bluntness, but this is a horrible idea for beams and cannons since they don't have cooldowns on their firing cycles (or if they do, it isn't noticeable). To do this, you would only be firing when your abilities are active, and when they aren't you would just be floating there in space. You would lose a large chunk of your dps this way.

That said, I can see this working for torpedoes and mines since they're almost useless when not using their abilities, but with their abilities they can be devastating.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    We already have the ability to do this most of the time with adequate setup. Keybinds, traits, DOFFs, etc. make it possible, but you have to setup for it. Yes, you may have to sacrifice things here and there for it, but that's up to the player to decide what they find higher up in priority.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    meldrithpw wrote: »
    Groan, macros....

I hate writing code.

guess I should drop this idea. I'm not gonna be in the thick of battle and yell out, "Whorf, FIRE ALL WEAPONS--(except that one we were talking about in the ready room...)"

Who said anything about writing code?

Use this site to help you out with that instead!

http://ifes.us/index.php/games/star-trek-online
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!