test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most hated missions

2»

Comments

• nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »

And a tip for those having trouble with the Slingshot maneuver in "Night of the Comet": ONLY use Full Impulse to reach the first accelerator gateway, then immediately drop your speed to normal maximum impulse. It gets LOTS easier that way. I know, because I play that mission at least 5 times on most of my toons, to equip my away teams with TOS weapons (KDF and Roms with disruptors, FED BOFFs with phaser 2's and FED captains with phaser rifles).

Also use a mouse to steer your ship through the slingshots, not the keyboard.

Yes I hate that racing map as well, not because its difficult but rather its dumb!

I have to put Colosseum up there. I really REALLY wanna vaporize Slamek! I do hate that mission. Its too much running around for me.

Operation Gamma is a close second.

Third will be the Romulan shuttle mission, who's name escapes me. Tedious in he extreme.

and ALL of the Cardassian arc. Unfortunately my new Talaxian alt has just reached these in his episode playthrough and I'm tempted pause him there in the hope they are revamping the missions.
    server_hamster6.png
  • raxicoricoraxicorico Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    aliguana wrote: »
    Oh, and that time travel one where you have to slingshot around a sun. You fail four times and your FO says "we can just switch on the autopilot"... seriously? why didn't you do that in the beginning? gahahsfhhf #ragequit

Seriously? I didn't know that happened. Never had an issue with that time slingshot maneuver.

All things considered, given that Spock had to program the computer and the deceleration cycle whenever the Enterprise (or that Klingon ship the 'Bounty') time traveled that way, my question is why the heck we are using manual controls in the first place? Shouldn't it have been on autopilot otherwise we end up in the Mesozoic era or something?

Think that was just someone's idea to try some different scripting for an STO mission...and no where near the top for the worst offender list for dreadful missions.

I don't know what I would pick for my list tbh.
  • cyraxredcyraxred Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Not a big fan of any shuttle missions, and the Cardassian Mission, Boldley they Rode, just a painful crawl.
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    A Step Between Stars to me is the worst. Mostly any mission where it puts you in a different ship is painful. Step Between Stars more so as the set is a decent 'Starter Set' and to get all 3 parts you have to run the mission and its darn space combat at the end 3 times. That Dyson Science Destroyer sucks against the Undine with its setup.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    One of the missions I don't like is the one where I have to run around questioning those lazy TRIBBLE Talaxians why they didn't show up for their work shift. :s
    I thought that bit went on too long and by the end of it, I wanted to beam the lot of em into open space.

Oh and then there was Ashes to Ashes, I wanted to ring Kobali Kim's neck by the end of that mission, and the conversation back and forth between the quantum duplicate Kim and the Kobali Kim, while I was in that friggin maze was absolutely annoying, and infantile. I wished for a beam out of there and nuke em both from space option.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    I wished for a beam out of there and nuke em both from space option.

Exactly this.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Coliseum, mainly because of that mind-numbingly long hike and running around the valley, collecting plant samples. Would divide it into two missions, satellite/coliseum part and the hike part (which I would overhaul i bit to make it more interesting). Closely second is "Boldly they Rode", for its boring pshhh-pshhhing between safety posts ("Why do I feel I just got railroaded?"). For other missions it's not so apparent, because they usually don't offer those pretty shields with visuals, so that you don't mind skipping them so much.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    I hate the shuttle missions. Even today, the one and only reason I have touched them was for the Episode Replay Event.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    I think the mission that always bothers me is Boldly they Rode, but any mission with unskippable cutscenes also bother me to know end, I don't want to sit through the same scene for a mission over and over.
  • whitewhale80whitewhale80 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    People fail the slingshot manoeuvre? Really?!?!.

Wow, that's pretty shocking. You don't even need to do anything but steer left and right, pressing 2 keys is all you need to do to get round, I didn't even realise it was possible to fail.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    People fail the slingshot manoeuvre? Really?!?!.

Wow, that's pretty shocking. You don't even need to do anything but steer left and right, pressing 2 keys is all you need to do to get round, I didn't even realise it was possible to fail.

You press them and go too far to either side, or not far enough, and you're flying too fast to correct in time. Dang! Again.
    I managed to do it right only once on one toon.
  • whitewhale80whitewhale80 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Ok. Maybe it's just one of those things I have never had any difficulty with it.

Here's a link to of someone doing it in one. Go to 6m40s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siK14Gc-Fu0#t=06m40s
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »
    You press them and go too far to either side, or not far enough, and you're flying too fast to correct in time. Dang! Again.

Just use the mouse. Hold, left and right mouse buttons and use the mouse to steer. Infinitely better than using the keyboard keys.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    freakium wrote: »
    guljarol wrote: »

Just use the mouse. Hold, left and right mouse buttons and use the mouse to steer. Infinitely better than using the keyboard keys.

I may try that, thanks. I use the mouse on ground, as I find it a lot more convenient, but didn't think about trying something similar in space.
    I'm a rubbish pilot (I hate all those "fly through circles" missions LOL), but that could help... or I'll remain a rubbish pilot :D
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Pretty much the whole Cardassian Arc. Gladly that's scheduled for a revamp!
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Reunion is just horrible. I have no problem with Neelix and the voice acting is fine, but in this episode the guy cannot handle anything. What is he doing in space anyway? Neelix is the type of character often used in stories as a light hearted subplot. He is there to diverse for a while from the main plot. In movie and tv shows, any story, this is an important feature. It doesn't really fit in, in a game.

In this episode, it doubles up. If your character is not Fed, you can wonder why you are dealing anyway with this dude. It can only work if a) your character is Fed and b) your character was part of the Voyager crew. Strangely, I do not mind doing Off Bajor. You have to do here also all kinds of odd jobs, however, it does feel more natural.

The Cardassian arc, especially the mission before the FE, those I like. In these missions I fight Cardassians, Jem'Haddar. Mirror Universe and I still don't know why and what is going on. The best thing was before DR, you could skip them, you still can, but you need to get xp points. The same is the matter with the DR episodes. The main antagonists are the Vaadwaur, but you also have to fight Turrey, Hierarchy, whatelse, everybody and his mother is firing at my ship.

Finally, I don't like it if I have to play as something else, hologram, or fly another ship. In the latter case I hate it to set op my action bars. I spend a lot of time to create the character, make it look how I wanted it to look. This is also the case for my ship, so I am not interested to play, character or ship, that the storytellers want me to play. It is not a book that I read, then it could work.