test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks for the Beagles, Cats. How about Combat Pets?

warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
Yeah, thanks for the cats and now the beagles. But how about some pets for combat use?

Fed - German Shepherd, Chihuahua
KDF - War Targ, Saur, Male Orion
Rom - Hot Pink Cannibal Epohh with red ribbons tied on its ears
XzRTofz.gif

Comments

• thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    A combat German Shepherd would be pretty amazing.
  • acherion2175acherion2175 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    No thanks.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    Rom - Hot Pink Cannibal Epohh

With red ribbons tied on its ears!​​
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    A chihuahua?

Not sure if this thread is a serious request or not, with silly ideas like that...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    guljarol wrote: »

I'm down with that.
    bergins wrote: »
    A chihuahua?

Not sure if this thread is a serious request or not, with silly ideas like that...

Some serious. Some not. Why so serious?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Chihuahua...male orions?...did not know they were combative... Chihuahuas might be angry and loud but far from being a fighter. A bulldog or terrier might do better:

6464244621387515931.jpg

2570982_f520.jpg
    ​​
    DUwNP.gif

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    the new Romulus rhino thing... aka "Fluffy"
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »

I'm down with that.
    bergins wrote: »
    A chihuahua?

Some serious. Some not. Why so serious?
    Not sure I'd consider my post serious.

But OK...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    no! Dinos with lasers on their heads would be better
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

Fluffy could actually be quite formidable. He's bigger than an average Hatham. :smiley: ​​
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    No. I dont want to see domestic cats or dogs attacking other people dude...

Besides, we have been asking for combat pets since.. well almost forever xD. The problem is, pet system is so ridiculous in this game that combat pets are almost useless and they will need to change the system before they make more combat pets. Or now, who cares, people like the pets are they are now lol. I dont, but people is really too weird.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    We have them already, they're called Bridge Officers. Sure, not as well trained as a combat pet would be, but they try bless them.​​
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Cat with flamethrower.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    I think it would be cool to have a Reputation Track or Crafting School that allowed us to acquire/craft/train various Ground and Space Combat Pets.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    On a more serious note, it would be nice. I'm sure you guys have seen the NPCs, especially the Klingons with War Targs and Gorn with Saur summoning these critters for combat. Having the ability to do that would be nice. I know I'm not the first to ask for this and likely won't be the last. It would be great to have them other than for "vanity."
    XzRTofz.gif
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    How about you stop making suggestions and start asking for game fixes?

Who cares for pets in a broken game...
    edited July 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    How about you stop making suggestions and start asking for game fixes?

Who cares for pets in a broken game...

LOL, are you even with the game to do so yourself? The word of Non-Residents don't mean for TRIBBLE.

Edit: I know YOU have been gone a long time. Do you even know what is and isn't broken to go around demanding fixes? :D
    Post edited by warmaker001b on
    XzRTofz.gif
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Combat pets aren't very useful in this game anyway. They usually move too slow and don't attack very often, like once every 15 seconds or so and when they do they don't do much damage. By the time the pet gets to an enemy it's dead. Then the pet just sits there for a moment before it chooses another target, only for its new target to die before the pet can attack it. And sometimes pets get killed by AOE and/or actually targeted by enemies a few seconds after summoning them. Then they go into their long cooldown.

They're more useful for lower level characters while leveling up since you don't have very many skills and your gear is limited. Other than that they're a waste of a device slot.

The OP's idea is nice and I'd be happy to have more variety in combat pets. But they need to revamp the combat pet system to make them actually useful.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Combat pets aren't very useful in this game anyway. They usually move too slow and don't attack very often, like once every 15 seconds or so and when they do they don't do much damage. By the time the pet gets to an enemy it's dead. Then the pet just sits there for a moment before it chooses another target, only for its new target to die before the pet can attack it. And sometimes pets get killed by AOE and/or actually targeted by enemies a few seconds after summoning them. Then they go into their long cooldown.
    My acid horta would like to argue that with you but he beamed back to the ship before he could get here....
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    thay8472 wrote: »

Do they come with a handler? ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    coupaholic wrote: »
    We have them already, they're called Bridge Officers. Sure, not as well trained as a combat pet would be, but they try bless them.​​

Knowing that the bridge officer system in STO is based on the pet system of CO.. there you go.. lol.