test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stark Trek Online with Windows 10 (direct X12)

Hello,

Many of you guys are aware that windows 10 is going to be released a little over a week. Direct X12 was constantly being talked about and seeing as how most games have direct x9,10 or 11... The performance with this new Direct X12 increases by 25% on overall graphics.

Now, I am excited to see if whether or not Star trek online would have increase the games performance with this new Direct X.
Post edited by askray on

Comments

• Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    To my understanding, it will only if Cryptic have actually been working to update the graphics engine to take advantage of the new DX12 features... I wouldn't bet on it myself...​​
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    It'd be nice to think they will go DX12 but I highly doubt it. A more pressing issue is that the game makes even the latest GPUs run 100% capacity, that would be first on my list of priorities is I was working on their graphics engine, THEN go DX12.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    Being able to get in the game with DX11 WOULD BE A START lol sorry but it's how long now where some folks (like me) have to boot in safe mode.

it's annoying but its not a mega issue but I wouldn't hold my breath getting the game DX12 compatible atm
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    STO does not have full support of directx11 and causes a lot of problems for a lot of people and you asking for dx12 support.. lol. Just saying..
  • Options
    qslipstreamqslipstream Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    windows 10 pro with a 960 nvidia card locks right after I hit engage so I suppose all the money I have in the game is worthless unless sto does something
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    windows 10 pro with a 960 nvidia card locks right after I hit engage so I suppose all the money I have in the game is worthless unless sto does something

I suddenly started to get this last week. I found that the after last weeks patch the graphics driver had been set to Auto and it just started to hang at the "loading" screen. I had to start up the game in safe mode, move it off Auto and onto DX11 and then close the game and restart. next time round it ran OK.

Start up in safe mode and see if Auto is selected.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    erondykeerondyke Member Posts: 1 New User
    how does one check to see if it runs on auto or direct x in safe mode for us tech illiterate people? lol
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!