test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Good Plasma Ground Weapons?

zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
I recently grabbed the whole Romulan Navy set for my Delta Recruit Romulan, and I was wondering if there are any particularly good Plasma ground weapons out there? The kit seems to offer increased plasma damage so i'm looking for ways to get the most out of it. Right now i'm just using the plasma weapons from the Romulan Reputation rewards. Are there any other Plasma based weapons out there I should be looking for?

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    The Plasmatic Biomatter weapons from the current lockbox having some interesting abilities, particularly their secondary attacks. They lose the plasma burns and disruptor debuff though (in fact they don't have a proc listed at all) so its a tradeoff, but their assorted second attacks give some utility in trade.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    I like Romulan plasma riffles, plasma piercing riffle, and repeater pistol (this one is available as a reward from "Uneasy Allies" ep). The last two also have some shield penetration.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    All of the romulan only plasma weapons are good. My favorites are the long range piercing rifel and the split beam pistol.

You can o ly get them white quality with ec or green via dil and have to upgrade from there.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I love using the plasma compression pistol with some dmg mods on it. Second weapon is a tetryon dual pistols with kb3 to strip shields from them and/or expose them before I switch to the compression pistol. I had a repeater at one point and for some reason I felt the need to get rid of it and wish I hadn't.
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When my character is female and romulan i always give her a plasma pistol related weapon. For the +plasma damage ground trait and adding to that the navy imperial armor set (+secondary shot %50 energy damage). Sometimes plasma dual pistols , sometimes wide beam ones but always pistols no matter what... (for the look xD, girls really dont look fine with big riffles.. and when they fire they look great using the dual pistols...). I found that the only pistol related weapon its not too good is the compression pistol and of course the stun ones.

About guys, im loving the plasma piercing rifle upgraded to mkIV+ (and with the navy armor set) is a beast..

I also use plasma split beam rifles with the proper mod.

I mean, talking about plasma everything is awesome except stun pitols, compression pistols, automatic weapons (miniguns and autorifles) and maybe nothing else. At least in my experience.

Also i still didnt try any pulsewave with the navy armor set xD. The secondary shot must be really deadly...
  • Options
    cassiusdiocassiusdio Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I love using the romplas compression pistol with the rom kit...pretty nice dmg.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Plasma pulsewave with romulan navy set at pointblank range is amazingly deadly.

You really should give it a go at least once.
  • Options
    astr99000astr99000 Member Posts: 5 New User
    sdasdasdasdas
  • Options
    xczxczxczx
  • Options
    zxczxczxczx
  • Options
    zczxczxczxczx
  • Options
    zxczxc zxczczxczxc
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    I recently grabbed the whole Romulan Navy set for my Delta Recruit Romulan, and I was wondering if there are any particularly good Plasma ground weapons out there? The kit seems to offer increased plasma damage so i'm looking for ways to get the most out of it. Right now i'm just using the plasma weapons from the Romulan Reputation rewards. Are there any other Plasma based weapons out there I should be looking for?

Ok, this is not an easy question to answer without knowing more about what you are running. Are you a tac, eng, or sci, and what kit and kit powers do you run, traits also help. Some good weapons for any one to run is a split beam, wide beam rifle, and a pulse wave. These are all exploit weapons. If you are not running expose kit modules use a wide beam pistol, split beam pistol, or a full auto rifle to expose targets. Without knowing more about your build that is a general rule of ground combat expose and exploit.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    When my character is female and romulan i always give her a plasma pistol related weapon. For the +plasma damage ground trait and adding to that the navy imperial armor set (+secondary shot %50 energy damage)

Wait is that a trait unique to female romulans?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Plasma pulsewave with romulan navy set at pointblank range is amazingly deadly.

You really should give it a go at least once.

I tried yesterday.. dude i dealt 2450 damage on a critical.. o.O
    gradii wrote: »
    When my character is female and romulan i always give her a plasma pistol related weapon. For the +plasma damage ground trait and adding to that the navy imperial armor set (+secondary shot %50 energy damage)

Wait is that a trait unique to female romulans?

No. It is a romulan trait.

What i was saying is, dual pistols fits female characters far better than "big" guns. Actually a female character with a big gun looks ridiculous (dunno how people can play with those lol, but meh at least they make us laugh).
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    What i was saying is, dual pistols fits female characters far better than "big" guns. Actually a female character with a big gun looks ridiculous (dunno how people can play with those lol, but meh at least they make us laugh).

I had the same problem with the regular MACO rifle and my main, it looked comically large with her carrying it, like she'd need to struggle just to aim.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."