test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starship Trait "Emergency Weapon Cycle" completely nonfunctional.

doomunimatrixdoomunimatrix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since the update today, 7/16, the Emergency Weapon Cycle trait has been nonfunctional on all my toons.

The trait is still present in my list and activated, but is completely nonfunctional.

I have tried changing maps, changing instances, etc. All the usual troubleshooting steps.

The In-game ticket # is 3,562,832

Update - Thanks, everyone, for chiming in.

In the Missing Starship Traits thread Bortescu acknowledged the bug with this trait. He further says it has been fixed internally. It was not specifically stated that it will be in the next patch.
The issue with Emergency Weapons Cycle is a little different, but has also been fixed internally.​​
Post edited by doomunimatrix on

Comments

• megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    I noticed this as well today, the icon doesn't show up, nor does the trait work. I've filed a bug report. Lets hope they fix this in short order.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Holy TRIBBLE! I didn't even notice this today, but after reading this just went and checked it in game right now, mines broken too, its slotted as a ship trait alright, activating emg power to weapons does not trigger it, nothing does, no buff icon, no reduced weapon power cost, its not working at all. This really needs fixing, especially since I bought the damn ship just for that trait to use on my Eclipse.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    Yup, bust here too.​​
    giphy.gif
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    It was bugged before the patch and its bugged after the patch...
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Well traits have been going bonkers though after the patch. Borticus has confirmed one so far: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1195629/superweapon-ingenuity-ship-trait-from-xindi-primate-ateleth-dreadnought-missing

I'm sure there are others as well.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Confirmed. Very frustrating. Please fix ASAP.
  • lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Weapon System Synergy can be added to the list of Broken traits... its currently missing on my rommy toon and I even dbl checked to make sure she had mastered the Dinaes veteran T6 ship.

I can also confirm EWC is not working on my toons either
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• goodefieldgoodefield Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Confirming this. It went from bugged to completely dead.
    How about you get to fixing the haste effect while you're at it?
  • l3ct3rl3ct3r Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Me too. 3k zen vanished...
  • gartersnakegartersnake Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I can also say this is missing on my character. It is very disappointing to continually have stuff I paid for either not work properly or not work at all. I hope for a swift, non-glacial response to fixing this.
  • serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Verry annoying on top of extended maintenance to see even more traits not working or being bugged... very very annoying!
    tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

Verry annoying on top of extended maintenance to see even more traits not working or being bugged... very very annoying!

Working as intended, nothing new here.
    edited July 2015
    A dev acknowledging the issue would be very much appreciated.

Considering that some of us have purchased the ship only for the trait, having it in a fully broken state is quite disheartening.
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    sf911 wrote: »

Considering that some of us have purchased the ship only for the trait, having it in a fully broken state is quite disheartening.

I know I am one of the players that did just that. Between this and Weapon System Synergy, I'm out TWO traits. Ugh.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User

Borticus already acknowledged the bug and it's already been verified and fixed internally, and will be fixed on holodeck in an upcoming patch.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    iconians wrote: »
    Borticus already acknowledged the bug and it's already been verified and fixed internally, and will be fixed on holodeck in an upcoming patch.

That is great to hear. Do you have a link to this?
    iconians wrote: »

That is great to hear. Do you have a link to this?

Yeah, the thread you just responded to here.

And here.

And here.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    He is referring to other missing traits in those threads, not Emergency Weapon Cycle (from T6 Battlecruisers).
    He is referring to other missing traits in those threads, not Emergency Weapon Cycle (from T6 Battlecruisers).

Oh, alright. Well they should be aware of it if they aren't already.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Any chance i can return my Arbiter and Mogai and have my 6000 zen back to spend on items that do work out the box ?. Rather than wait a month or more before a Dev gets round to fixing it.
    Oh NVM once they fix this, its guaranteed they'll break something else in its place.
    Thats the usual standard of competence around here.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    KDF Matha Raptor owners with Overwhelming Force Trait would like to welcome you aboard the same train. It was getting lonely in here.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I just realized that my Emergency Weapon Cycle trait isn't working either. This sucks. Any word from the devs about whether this will be fixed soon?

Pretty lame to have the T6 mastery trait from the new C-store ships stop working a few weeks later. I don't like to spend my hard-earned cash on abilities that I can only use for a couple of weeks.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
    I just realized that my Emergency Weapon Cycle trait isn't working either. This sucks. Any word from the devs about whether this will be fixed soon?

Borticus commented on it here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1195778/missing-starship-traits/p1

He states that it has been fixed internally. Which, I suspect, means the fix will go live Thursday with the patch.

Whether the fix entails taking it back to the pre-10.5 state or actually fixing the lack of increased haste is anyone's guess.
  • doomunimatrixdoomunimatrix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    According to the Release notes for tomorrow's patch:

"Resolved an issue that was causing the "Emergency Weapon Cycle" Starship Trait to require two Trait Slots in order to function correctly. It is back to only requiring one, as intended."

This indicates to me that it will simply be returned to its pre-10.5 states without any fix for the Haste issue.
  • onethousandsonsonethousandsons Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    According to the Release notes for tomorrow's patch:

"Resolved an issue that was causing the "Emergency Weapon Cycle" Starship Trait to require two Trait Slots in order to function correctly. It is back to only requiring one, as intended."

This indicates to me that it will simply be returned to its pre-10.5 states without any fix for the Haste issue.

Having tested this, it appears that EWC has been returned to its pre-10.5 state and NOT actually fixed, functionality-wise. It is causing -33% power drain (instead of -25%) and does not appear to be adding any haste (or the amount of haste added is not noticeable).
    edited July 2015
    KDF Matha Raptor owners with Overwhelming Force Trait would like to welcome you aboard the same train. It was getting lonely in here.

And this is even an older bug.. but since it is a kdf specific trait (matha) i guess they just keep ignoring it.
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Having tested this, it appears that EWC has been returned to its pre-10.5 state and NOT actually fixed, functionality-wise. It is causing -33% power drain (instead of -25%) and does not appear to be adding any haste (or the amount of haste added is not noticeable).

Thats strange because its definitely working for me again.It is very hard to actually notice it working, but, before the 10.5 patch that broke it completely, I was averaging about 40k dps in ISA runs, over the last week without the trait I was averaging 30k, multiple runs multiple parses mostly pugs some not. Today, I add the trait back, without changing a single other thing, and bam I'm back upto 40k almost instantly.

Now, I use the cruiser command for reduced wep power drain a lot, and I actually barelyy even need the reduced power drain from this trait, I'm only interested really in the haste from it, and its definitly working, at least for me, using it on my Fleet Eclipse, cause theres no way a little extra reduced power drain that I barely even need, my wep power hardly ever drops much from max even without the trait, could explain a near instant 10k rise in dps from only changing one thing in the build.

So the haste is definitely working for me.

Edit: Altho, it could be, what powers are you using it with? What types of weapons? I'm using it with all beam arrays, and faw, and its working very well for me, But I have noticed that it doesn't seem to add anyy haste at all or make any difference to my surgical strikes 3 build with same beam arrays, but I'm not sure if thats because the haste isn't working with it or surg strikes just has a set reduced firing rate that can't be sped up.

I haven't tested it with anything else, other weapons, other powers, so I guess it could still be something wrong with it not working with certain setups. But it definitely works for me with arrays and faw, but is not having any effect at all with arrays and surg strikes.
  • onethousandsonsonethousandsons Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I'll take another look at it. The weapon power drain is definitely still wrong though. Also, looking at DPS numbers is not a good way to determine if something is working or not; there are a huge number of factors that can affect DPS, such as lag, misfires, team buffs, and so forth. The best way to check the haste is to actually measure the fire rate of the weapons in a controlled environment. As I said, I'm not noticing any difference, but it could just be that it isn't very noticeable.
  • robothitchhikerrobothitchhiker Member Posts: 277 Bug Hunter
    Also test if it hastes with and without FAW. Because FAW is weird.