test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [July 16th, 2015]

13»

Comments

• deadbrkwarriordeadbrkwarrior Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Why does this happen to me every Thursday!!! Oh I know.. Cuz its my only day off!!!
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Evil aren't they... Cryptic is...mouse-34.gifmouse-34.gifmouse-33.gifmouse-33.gifLiJf02C.pnghG7UctY.png

very evil!!!​​
    6tviTDx.png

That would be a logical conclusion
    C'mon Cryptic!! Don't make me have to call in sick tomorrow o:) lol
  • xoelloexoelloe Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    darpink wrote: »

Headbutts....

START RUNNING....

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Still down?!?! :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    yes unfortunately :/
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I would rather it stay down until whatever is wrong is fixed. Most of the time I'll skip Thursdays anyway because of lag and rubberbanding right after maintenance.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    xoelloe wrote: »
    darpink wrote: »

Headbutts....

START RUNNING....

??
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    why has this been the loooooooooooooooooongest update I have ever seen... well at least, it feels like its taking for ever. Whyyyyyyy!!! I'd be a sad panda if its postponed 2hrs...

3 hours the longest update?? dude, where have you been all these years lolz.

I know.. but this is like the update I most wanted to be here and see... as you can tell by looking around le forums hehe... I guess it is that the things you want most are the ones to take longer to get??? I don't even know anymore...

We're still within the originally announced timeframe. For another... 28 minutes or so.

but 20+mins can take a looooooooooong time... I guess its not helping that I'm starring at the time while waiting for the update huh?
    ​​

And... I just checked the launcher. The red bar is gone and the light is green.

annnnd now its red again and its 1:30 in the afternoon. I think this is about the time of day the Romulan addition went online three years ago.. Its hard to be patient but i expect it should be back up by tomorrow..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
    wufangchu wrote: »
    annnnd now its red again and its 1:30 in the afternoon. I think this is about the time of day the Romulan addition went online three years ago.. Its hard to be patient but i expect it should be back up by tomorrow..

Of course it should be up by tomorrow. Meanwhile, I've been waitig since 3:30 PM, and it's now nearly midnight. Wonderful job, Cryptic!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Someone needs to explain to these people, the concept of a frakking HOT FIX! Look, a hot fix is the kind of thing you take the servers down for like 5/10 mins because you forgot this thing ro that line of code etc., several hours does not contit- SEVERAL HOURS does not constitute a hot fix! -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Someone needs to explain to these people, the concept of a frakking HOT FIX! Look, a hot fix is the kind of thing you take the servers down for like 5/10 mins because you forgot this thing ro that line of code etc., several hours does not contit- SEVERAL HOURS does not constitute a hot fix! -.-

Five to ten minutes perhaps if you already know what's causing the problem and have written the code to sort said problem. When you have to track down the cause of the problem, and then write a fix, and then test said fix, then patch it to the live server... A few hours is pretty normal. Judging from the latest Dev responses and messages on Twitter, they're only now getting to the root of the cause. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    People complaining the game is down for hours on end? Yet people would be complaining if they didn't take the servers down and just left the game buggy and laggy for a week. A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't for Cryptic. I'd rather we keep this game offline and get the problem fixed. And for people who say they only have a limited time a day to play? Surely you can skip it for once?

Me? Meh, I put the season 10.5 patch in. Now I'll go watch Terminator while I wash the dishes. Then maybe chat to some friends. You know.... stuff. Beyond this game.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
    grylak wrote: »
    People complaining the game is down for hours on end? Yet people would be complaining if they didn't take the servers down and just left the game buggy and laggy for a week. A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't for Cryptic.

Or they could do something as radical as, you know, *test* their patch, prior to putting it online. And then delay the deployment thereof when it's coming up short.

It's now midnight here. Thx for nothing, Cryptic.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User

Five to ten minutes perhaps if you already know what's causing the problem and have written the code to sort said problem. When you have to track down the cause of the problem, and then write a fix, and then test said fix, then patch it to the live server... A few hours is pretty normal. Judging from the latest Dev responses and messages on Twitter, they're only now getting to the root of the cause. ​​

You wanna know what would be easier, faster and less egregious? One word, 'rollback'. At least then we could play the damned game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User

You wanna know what would be easier, faster and less egregious? One word, 'rollback'. At least then we could play the damned game.

I'm inclined to think they'd have done that if they could have. Not having the game up all this time must be quite costly.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter

Five to ten minutes perhaps if you already know what's causing the problem and have written the code to sort said problem. When you have to track down the cause of the problem, and then write a fix, and then test said fix, then patch it to the live server... A few hours is pretty normal. Judging from the latest Dev responses and messages on Twitter, they're only now getting to the root of the cause.

Not sure I would call a rollback fast, or easy. I'm also not completely sure why it would be the better option. We'd then just have to have more downtime tomorrow to apply the patch again, so what would we have gained? ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • biggs4everbiggs4ever Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Season 10.5: Failure To Launch
    It's now a 9 hours patch (and counting). :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    • Resolved an issue where Odyssey Badge 1 was not always available.

Odyssey badge is still missing. So much for it being fixed.

Also, you removed the vaadwaur belts from off-duty. Not cool!
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User

Someone doesn't know the real meaning of a hot fix ;)

A real hot fix is actually a patch to a live server while it is still running, that's why it's called a hot fix, if we want to go by the true definition of a hot fix then there wouldn't be a single second of downtime at all :p
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    Glad I went to the pub yesterday evening.​​
    giphy.gif