What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 10.5 Is Now Live!

Comments

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    orici1701 wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    not to sound sarcastic maybe you should have tested it more before you say bring it out not bring out then sort out problems, its not good not good at all...

Problem is, sometimes these problems don't happen on tribble, and only pop up when it goes live. It's annoying, I know, but it happens. At least they caught it quickly and will hopefully have the kinks worked out soon. Still better than new years eve's major snafu.

well sherlock its the same softwear on tribble, its the same everything on tribble so dont try its unexpected that dont wash as its just hogwash.... try again and there is no excuse for poor testing and rushing to get it to us fast it just makes problems like this.

It may be the same software, but it certainly isn't the same load and something like an mmo isn't truly tested until it has had the whole playerbase on it at once which doesn't happen on tribble. Hogwash it most certainly isn't!
    The real proof is in the pudding, as they say.
    I need a beer.

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Despite the fact I give the devs grief from time (like many in these forums) I wholeheartedly agree that the devs deserve our thanks for QUICKLY taking down the server to work on fixing the problem. It's better to delay getting back into the game now than for everyone to suffer disconnects all day until a patch comes tomorrow.

Thank you, Trendy and crew for jumping on this now and not later.

playing devils advocate for a moment, this situation wouldnt exist if it was all checked and double checked before it got put out, the problem is that internal testing only gives so much info on the content, bugs and other features and it always has.

as far as the server is concerned, the devs are blameless there and they cant be given recognition for it either. but the management can for putting the call out at that point and letting the network engineers and coders work their magic.

hamsters and their wheels, huh.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I'm not really upset about the additional maintenence, so long as it helps with the random disconnects.

What bothers me is the 1 (one) minute warning before taking the server down, I was in the middle of a firefight with Heralds.

Unless the 1 minute warning was because the server was about to explode or something... That would be understandable.

Ah well, I'm gonna grab some lunch I'll check STO later this afternoon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    not to sound sarcastic maybe you should have tested it more before you say bring it out not bring out then sort out problems, its not good not good at all...

Problem is, sometimes these problems don't happen on tribble, and only pop up when it goes live. It's annoying, I know, but it happens. At least they caught it quickly and will hopefully have the kinks worked out soon. Still better than new years eve's major snafu.

well sherlock its the same softwear on tribble, its the same everything on tribble so dont try its unexpected that dont wash as its just hogwash.... try again and there is no excuse for poor testing and rushing to get it to us fast it just makes problems like this.

No, it's not entirely the same. Tribble and Holodeck are two seperate, different servers. There have been several big bugs that never affected Tribble, but caused problems as soon as it hit Holodeck. Happened frequently when the game launched and still happens today.
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User

Well Watson, tribble doesn't get anywhere near the amount of people on its servers as holodeck does making it more complicated to stress test the server.
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    Seasons, Season Launches never change. Always, in this desolate game, the server must go down for maintenace. You are a captain of a starship, carrying a message that during season launches ( and mid season large patches ) the servers will go down. ( READ IT WITH THE VOICE OF RON PEARLMAN! HA! )
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Kremim added : check, Kremim Lockbox added : check, Year of Hell 14th October 2014 to 16th July 2015 still running : check.

• paulno1paulno1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Spent so much money on this game and nothing...... not good
    Entrusted to protect all Planet's in the Federation
  • smiley117smiley117 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Kremim added : check, Kremim Lockbox added : check, Year of Hell 14th October 2014 to 16th July 2015 still running : check.

its more like years of hell from February 2 2010 to July 16 2015
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    The blog says that one of the rewards is “Operation Fenrir Veteran” but in game it said it was "Iconian War Veteran"
  • d0vahki11nd0vahki11n Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    So, the extra day we got on Risa to compensate for extended downtime is being swallowed up by....extended downtime xD

"Do the Lag Kick"
    2015_10_17_181_01bcccf5619c5811eb14_1.jpg
    #RIP season 10.5.

#Ijoke
    I need a beer.

It's not their fault that interocitors are so fragile and easily damaged by hamsters. ;)
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User

I will repeat what several others have said: Holodeck and Tribble are two separate servers, and while the same code may be on both servers, how that code works on one server may not be working properly on another. In other words, the issues happen in unexpected ways... Plus, being a bit hostile doesn't help matters.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    If it's down most of the day, they'll need to extend the Risa event yet another day. There are probably quite a few people that will need to get their last "Flying High" run in today.

How about they just extend Risa till summer actually ends as it is a "SUMMER" event! Lol

In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Hahahaha,

Why do people never learn? This is why I don't bother to try to play STO for an hour or two after maint or a patch.
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    bannon3 wrote: »
    If it's down most of the day, they'll need to extend the Risa event yet another day. There are probably quite a few people that will need to get their last "Flying High" run in today.

How about they just extend Risa till summer actually ends as it is a "SUMMER" event! Lol

I mean, that would be sufficient. As everybody nuts already ground out everything... Give the casual players more time to get stuff done.
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User

I will repeat what several others have said: Holodeck and Tribble are two separate servers, and while the same code may be on both servers, how that code works on one server may not be working properly on another. In other words, the issues happen in unexpected ways... Plus, being a bit hostile doesn't help matters.

and saying what others have said it might be wrong who knows, who cares i dont care.... does not help things all your doing is boosting ur post count and spamming. theres no point being a parrot.... polly want a cracker?

bannon3 wrote: »

How can we fight a war if everyone is busy seeking jamaharon?
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    They have the specific team investigating the issue. Currently they think it may be something software related. I'll keep you posted.
    They have the specific team investigating the issue. Currently they think it may be something software related. I'll keep you posted.

Someone put their pron stash on the server and left it running then, I assume?
    I need a beer.

• captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Didn't know that Season 10.5 was being released. just thought it would be further down the road. Can't wait to experience it once the problems are fixed with the server.
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User

and saying what others have said it might be wrong who knows, who cares i dont care.... does not help things all your doing is boosting ur post count and spamming. theres no point being a parrot.... polly want a cracker?
    Interesting, so calling people names is what you are going to try to do in the hopes that you can feel better about yourself? I call on Trendy to end this back and forth... There is no point trying to convince someone who surely doesn't want to be convinced he or she can possibly be wrong.

Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Due to the amount of disconnects and lag, we will be taking down the server temporarily to apply a hotfix we are currently working on. We will keep you updated.

In another thread it was suggested that the disconnects were due to either some PLAYERS's ISP, or computer problems....

Glad to see the problem is not on my end after all of a sudden.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• d0vahki11nd0vahki11n Member Posts: 26 Arc User

You guys haven't been letting Bynars at the code, have you?

2015_10_17_181_01bcccf5619c5811eb14_1.jpg
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User

Interesting, so calling people names is what you are going to try to do in the hopes that you can feel better about yourself? I call on Trendy to end this back and forth... There is no point trying to convince someone who surely doesn't want to be convinced he or she can possibly be wrong.

then dont reply simples

• bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Investigating? That indicates we have no clue! Well we might as well all get comfortable, anyone bring a deck of cards or Monopoly? Those games rarely crash!
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Someone put their pron stash on the server and left it running then, I assume?

All I can think of after reading that post is the lame guy from the movie District 9 talking about "prawns." :smiley:
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
    This is the perfect time for Cards Against Humanity. ^_~