Season 10.5 is now Dead!
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • paulno1paulno1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    paulno1 wrote: »
    Here we go again
    Over feeding the Tribble's again?
    Entrusted to protect all Planet's in the Federation
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    Due to the amount of disconnects and lag, we will be taking down the server temporarily to apply a hotfix we are currently working on. We will keep you updated.
    I appreciate the quickness that you and the dev team took to find and ultimately resolve the issue. For that, you have my thanks.

Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    Season 10.5.....beep.....beep......beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • retrofittedretrofitted Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm sure i'm not the only one here who feels this way: U guys had an extra 20 -30 mins left in ur patch window timeframe and went live early....Next patch, take the extra time and get it right the first go round.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    nyarka123 wrote: »
    chilleule wrote: »
    receiving a patch atm after exiting o.O

anybody else?

I'm not.

Nor I
  • posnamesystemposnamesystem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    seasoned sto players complaining about downtime surrounding a new update.... might as well complain that fire's hot
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    wounded pride in 10.5 for now trendy. see if it can be at least healed.

the server notification pointed to an hour. but i will recheck.

twitter notice wouldnt point to anything, obviously too early.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    I was half way through it. Will I have to start it again??? I did'nt get any disconnects strangely enough.
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Welcome to Season 10.5!!! Awwww, well I'm happy they at least took them right down instead of waiting all day then deciding to go. Cheers lets hope for a quick fix peeps!
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • smiley117smiley117 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    seasoned sto players complaining about downtime surrounding a new update.... might as well complain that fire's hot

LOL RIGHT?
  • better0n3better0n3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    yeah what a great time dc and server down all the cash spent on this game and we dont get anything for our troubles
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Due to the amount of disconnects and lag, we will be taking down the server temporarily to apply a hotfix we are currently working on. We will keep you updated.

Again in German Prime time, again nobody of the devs even read the tribble bug reports, like always unfished stuff on holodeck - but we have a new lockbox - realy if u want my Money try another way.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    I hope my Horta is returned with this update, MIA for a month now
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    If they are working on a hot fix no time frame I'm afraid, just have to wait until its done. If you have been playing sto for as long as i have you will know this is the normal. Happy playing my ps4 till they come back up xD
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User

i can understand the downtime again, its not like cryptic to not do a season with out a hicup oh wait im sorry you have not done that yet. but did you have to give 1 minite warning and then off?!?! https://youtube.com/watch?v=b8AzwUMbgb4 can we have a ETA please, i was enjoying the new ep with not 1 problem or DC..... not to sound sarcastic maybe you should have tested it more before you say bring it out not bring out then sort out problems, its not good not good at all...

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    COMING SOON: Season 10.5.1

Lol, you hit the nail in the head. Emergency patch incoming! This is by far the fastest I've ever seen them take down the server after a release so kudos to them for fixing this so quickly.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User

A maintenance needed to happen. I think most people will agree with that. The one minute warning was a bit harsh though.

yeah updated that so helps me when I have limited time to play this is just TRIBBLE... every other game gave double exp or similar things when they messed up not STO its just TRIBBLE u sorry u paid 300 bucks for lifetime play exept when u cant
  • tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    No it's not. It went down with a 1 minute warning. someone find a grand bug?
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

why bleeped I didnt swear
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    orici1701 wrote: »
    not to sound sarcastic maybe you should have tested it more before you say bring it out not bring out then sort out problems, its not good not good at all...

Problem is, sometimes these problems don't happen on tribble, and only pop up when it goes live. It's annoying, I know, but it happens. At least they caught it quickly and will hopefully have the kinks worked out soon. Still better than new years eve's major snafu.
  • rhodgherrhodgher Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    10.5 is now live.....
    Now it is dead Jim.

Live long and prosper
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    orici1701 wrote: »
    not to sound sarcastic maybe you should have tested it more before you say bring it out not bring out then sort out problems, its not good not good at all...

Problem is, sometimes these problems don't happen on tribble, and only pop up when it goes live. It's annoying, I know, but it happens. At least they caught it quickly and will hopefully have the kinks worked out soon. Still better than new years eve's major snafu.

well sherlock its the same softwear on tribble, its the same everything on tribble so dont try its unexpected that dont wash as its just hogwash.... try again and there is no excuse for poor testing and rushing to get it to us fast it just makes problems like this.

• pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Despite the fact I give the devs grief from time (like many in these forums) I wholeheartedly agree that the devs deserve our thanks for QUICKLY taking down the server to work on fixing the problem. It's better to delay getting back into the game now than for everyone to suffer disconnects all day until a patch comes tomorrow.

Thank you, Trendy and crew for jumping on this now and not later.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • smiley117smiley117 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    yeah I would rather wait longer and have no bugs
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    If it's down most of the day, they'll need to extend the Risa event yet another day. There are probably quite a few people that will need to get their last "Flying High" run in today.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif