test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [July 16th, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Greetings Captains!

We will be performing our Season 10.5 maintenance tomorrow 7/16 at 6:30AM PDT for 3 hours. You can check out our patch notes and the changes we'll be making here http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9458523

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Fantastic bunch of updates and fixes! Thanks guys & gals! :smiley:
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    When's that in your timezone?

Awesome, looking forward to some of those fixes. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Wish they had fixed the annoying R&D issue where you click a school and get still stuck on a different one. Also, they should grey out the daily research mission for people who have gotten to level 20. Also, the bug where the doff assignments have no idea that a doff is being actively used in an R&D assignment.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I think this is the best part of the update tomorrow "Holo Leeta has been updated" lol
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Am I misreading or is the Armada launching without the ability to give its promised bonuses?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    nope your reading it correctly quite pointless a update if things are not working
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    Am I misreading or is the Armada launching without the ability to give its promised bonuses?

WEEKLY bonus project will not work. Normal fleet-level-based bonuses will work.

Also, since weekly bonuses require Tier1, Cryptic has a full week to fix them without any impact on players.
  • vakna4837vakna4837 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Awesome update. Is there no new episode in the Iconian story though or am I missing it in the release notes? I see the last one moved to the story tab but no new feature?
    vakna4837 wrote: »
    Awesome update. Is there no new episode in the Iconian story though or am I missing it in the release notes? I see the last one moved to the story tab but no new feature?

It's not listed in Patch notes, but there is a new episode:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9451413
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Nice patches, i only hope its actually true and its not like every week, lol (you guys know what i mean lol). But only 3 hours??? you guys work opposite the world lol, bigger the update , smaller the time it takes to implement.. .amazing :)
  • easomdarreneasomdarren Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Why launch something without rewards is promises. It makes no sense although it is note the first time cryptic have done this remember the first episode of the Iconian war story? Alot of people could not complete the episode until you traveled to Iconia and you still missed part of the story and voice acting. i would wait until they have all tech issues sorted before launching it.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Wish they had fixed the annoying R&D issue where you click a school and get still stuck on a different one. Also, they should grey out the daily research mission for people who have gotten to level 20. Also, the bug where the doff assignments have no idea that a doff is being actively used in an R&D assignment.

Yep, all of this and, it automatically selecting random Doffs for R&D exp projects and, not the highest to the lowest!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Why launch something without rewards is promises.

Once again: the only reward missing from Armada system is WEEKLY bonus projects.

They are unlocked ONLY upon reaching T1 with your lab. To reach T1, you need to complete 9x20 hours projects (7x LvL up projects, 1x Upgrade Subtrack project and 1x Update Man Track project). Even if you run them back to back, that's 180 hours (7.5 days). Which means there is A WHOLE WEEK before players could actually use those bonuses.

If Cryptic fixes weekly bonuses in next Thursday patch, it will be like it NEVER HAPPENED.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Why launch something without rewards is promises.

Once again: the only reward missing from Armada system is WEEKLY bonus projects.

They are unlocked ONLY upon reaching T1 with your lab. To reach T1, you need to complete 9x20 hours projects (7x LvL up projects, 1x Upgrade Subtrack project and 1x Update Man Track project). Even if you run them back to back, that's 180 hours (7.5 days). Which means there is A WHOLE WEEK before players could actually use those bonuses.

If Cryptic fixes weekly bonuses in next Thursday patch, it will be like it NEVER HAPPENED.

You'd be as well spitting in the wind man, people don't read. LiJf02C.png​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    That's a good set of updates. Really not sure about this though: "the Fleet Research Lab will grant access to additional Reputation Trait Slot and Starship Trait Slot unlocks." Very power creepy
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    antzudan wrote: »
    That's a good set of updates. Really not sure about this though: "the Fleet Research Lab will grant access to additional Reputation Trait Slot and Starship Trait Slot unlocks." Very power creepy

Nah, we're slowly buying back what was stolen in the great reputation nerf of aught 14.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »

WEEKLY bonus project will not work. Normal fleet-level-based bonuses will work.

Also, since weekly bonuses require Tier1, Cryptic has a full week to fix them without any impact on players.

Thank you for clarifying. I certainly hope that will be addressed soon, then.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited July 2015
    antzudan wrote: »

You apparently missed the past 3 years of the evolution of this game...
  • wildstar9912wildstar9912 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    With all the names being added to the memorial plaques, they are still missing Madge Sinclair who played the first female starship captain shown in Star Trek in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and Geordi La Forge's mother in the TNG episode "The Next Phase" as well as Paul Winfield aho played Captain Clark Terrell in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and as Captain Dathon in "Darmok".
    as well as Paul Winfield aho played Captain Clark Terrell in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and as Captain Dathon in "Darmok".

Shaka... when the walls fell.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    why has this been the loooooooooooooooooongest update I have ever seen... well at least, it feels like its taking for ever. Whyyyyyyy!!! I'd be a sad panda if its postponed 2hrs... ​​
    6tviTDx.png

why has this been the loooooooooooooooooongest update I have ever seen... well at least, it feels like its taking for ever. Whyyyyyyy!!! I'd be a sad panda if its postponed 2hrs... ​​

3 hours the longest update?? dude, where have you been all these years lolz.

12:30pm EST is when it's scheduled to end. Still another 35 min. to go.
    edited July 2015
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    why has this been the loooooooooooooooooongest update I have ever seen... well at least, it feels like its taking for ever. Whyyyyyyy!!! I'd be a sad panda if its postponed 2hrs...

I know.. but this is like the update I most wanted to be here and see... as you can tell by looking around le forums hehe... I guess it is that the things you want most are the ones to take longer to get??? I don't even know anymore... ​​
    6tviTDx.png

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    so whats the odds in vegas on how much added downtime we will have with this update?
    westmetals wrote: »
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    why has this been the loooooooooooooooooongest update I have ever seen... well at least, it feels like its taking for ever. Whyyyyyyy!!! I'd be a sad panda if its postponed 2hrs...

I know.. but this is like the update I most wanted to be here and see... as you can tell by looking around le forums hehe... I guess it is that the things you want most are the ones to take longer to get??? I don't even know anymore...

We're still within the originally announced timeframe. For another... 28 minutes or so.

but 20+mins can take a looooooooooong time... I guess its not helping that I'm starring at the time while waiting for the update huh?
    ​​
    6tviTDx.png

WAIT YES!! there it is... its live!!! ​​
    6tviTDx.png