test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Excelsior fleet t5u vs fleet t6

Im looking at the stats and to be honest i cant see it being worth a £30 price tag, everything is the same except a trait which is kind of useless, an extra console which is good and a bit more hull anyone else agree or can shed any light on to this?

Comments

• Options
    valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    the command skills dont see that good and i would use that overwhelm emitters but not sure if its worth it
  • Options
    what comand skills would you recommend, in my lt cmndr eng i like using directed energy modulation but i might be persuaded to use a command officer if the skills are right
  • Options
    i just lookin at my fleet t5u and i cant see why they havent gave us more of a variation because for £30 you expect especially t6 to be more advanced, hull, shields etc instead its a carbon copy except for 2 things im just very surprised, do you fly an excelsior?
  • Options
    actually it has same hull as t5u, 57, 200 my fleet excelsior has and the t6 has the same, also i do like the sound of the console it would make my ship even more durable but the trait really sucks lol, can you mix command and eng abilites?
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    They made the 'Resolute' a tough sale for those that already have the T5U version, especially if you have the Fleet Advanced Heavy cruiser.

The Fleet T5U and the Fleet T6 have the same console layout, shields, HP, etc. What you gain for your $30 is a little versatility in the Command Hybrid Seat, the Resolute Console and the Starship Trait. Normally, if you're planning to 'upgrade' from a Fleet T5U Ship to a T6, the real value lies in the Trait which in this case is severely lacking.

Don't get me wrong, the Resolute is a good ship, but it's not very much better then the Fleet T5U Excelsior. The console is almost always a gimmick, the trait is weak, and the best thing it has to offer is the Hybrid Station which isn't worth $30 on it's own. Honestly, the ship doesn't really have a place where it fits in. It's not good enough to be considered a real upgrade over the T5U version, and for someone buying their first T6 ship, they would be better served with a ship like the Presidio, Eclipse, or Guardian because they all have superior traits.

All you really get for your 3k Zen is a middle of the road T6 ship that can look like an Excelsior. Might be kind of a tough sale, even for people that have been waiting for a T6 Excelsior. It really only appeals to people that want an Excelsior at any cost.​​
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    Spec seat should have been pilot, not command, and they should have upgraded the TW engine to a Superior Transwarp Engine, with every sector as a possible destination and innately reduced TW cooldowns to improve on the original uniqueness.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg