test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance 16th of July duration - place your bets

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
Well, tomorrow brings us the arrival of season 10.5, new featured episode etc.
How long do you folks think the maintenance will take. Regular patches etc usually take 2.5 hours.

For tomorrow i estimate 4 hours.
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Comments

• kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    3 hours with a 2 hour emergency Thursday night and another 2 hours Friday morning.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    3 hours with a 2 hour emergency Thursday night and another 2 hours Friday morning.

i'll put money down with this guy.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User

& hours total. Noted.

B.t.w. only reward is bragging rights.

​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • orionburstorionburst Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I'm expecting it'll be six to eight hours with at least two emergency maintenences of two to three hours each​​
    344qvwl.jpg

I'm an Arc user? Yeah, right..I'd rather eat a chainsaw, blade first
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It depends somewhat on how much additional stuff from tribble is applied. But with just the armada system fleet holding, new episodes and multitude of promotional items I'm down for 6 hours.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i bet 2 hours downtime with 1 hour incase things dont work out. a friday downtime/emergency patch lasting an hour. the rest of the time it runs without incident until next week.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    At most, 6 hours between 7-9 AM Eastern to 1-3 PM Eastern, maybe two hours of unstable connections before everything calms down. Friday, another 2.5-3 hour maintenance.

Anything worse and I'm certain Salami will let us know and apologize profusely for the hiccups.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    6 hours. Or 3 hours with a 2 hour added emergency patch.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    So NO one is expecting a smooth patch? LOL!

The 6 hour timeframe sounds right, but I'll still take the over.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Per the launcher: We will be performing shard maintenance on July 16 from 6:30-9:30 AM Pacific (13:30-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Let's all just hope for a smooth patch and maintenance and that everything goes well. The Devs work hard and I hope it's as successful as the Pluto mission :P
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Let's all just hope for a smooth patch and maintenance and that everything goes well. The Devs work hard and I hope it's as successful as the Pluto mission :P

Fun fact: The Pluto-flyby mission New Horizons was launched January 2006. At that time, Perpetual Entertainment was in the pre-production stages of Star Trek Online. STO would go live 4 years later.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    Per the launcher: We will be performing shard maintenance on July 16 from 6:30-9:30 AM Pacific (13:30-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums.

It MIGHT, but this is a .5 release. Expect bugs.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Doom! :scream: You know that's what this thread is about. :p

I would say at least 6 hours plus 2 emergency patches.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    A disastrous outcome is expected at a chance of 57% based on past releases.

Glad I have plans for today and tomorrow far away from this broken game…
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated

Well we all hope for a smooth release (no, not that kind you pervert) but as others have pointed out this is a .5 release and thus we expect delays.​​
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    Best case: 30 minutes to an hour over.

Worst case? Six hours.

I'll go with a bet on four hours just to be safe.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    I'll be optimistic.

Let's say an extra 30 mins on top of the 3 hours already stated, and a single emergency patch.

New systems, tweaks and fixes aplenty in today's patch. Might be a little too optimistic but we'll see.​​
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    2 hours 50 minutes.

• jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    5 hours ^^;
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It will probably be extended by 2 hrs. Then we will load in and find the usual rushed/broken content (Geko is proud he never missed a deadline which is someone to be proud of, shame he doesn't extend that to QC), existing content broken, old bugs reintroduced, server instability the usual when a major update happens.
    Post edited by supergirl1611 on
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    (Geko is pround he never missed a deadline which is someone to be proud of ....

Depends on how they define their deadlines, I suppose. As I recall, the release of Iconian War was pushed back by a week, but if it's defined as "sometime in [whenever]," then yeah, sure, he be proud.

• simonwaterssimonwaters Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I'll say 6.5 hours, not including emergency patched.
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'll go with a range between 4 to 12 hours, with a slight chance of server meltdown at lockbox grand prize probabilities...so around .0000001 percent.
    westmetals wrote: »
    My projection:
    - Scheduled maintenance extended by one hour.
    - Emergency maintenance for 2-3 hours, specifically beginning at midnight Eastern time tonight.
    - Another emergency maintenance Friday at the same times as the scheduled timeslot this morning. Also lasting about four hours.

For no other reason than that's my available online times ;) If this comes true I would be unable to play until after work tomorrow night.

I wish i could scold you for your pessimism, but i admit that i made sure i finished all the daily ingame household tasks prior to the maintenance.
    ​​
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    My projection:
    - Emergency maintenance for 2-3 hours, specifically beginning at midnight Eastern time tonight.
    - Another emergency maintenance Friday at the same times as the scheduled timeslot this morning. Also lasting about four hours.

For no other reason than that's my available online times ;) If this comes true I would be unable to play until after work tomorrow night.

I wish i could scold you for your pessimism, but i admit that i made sure i finished all the daily ingame household tasks prior to the maintenance.
    ​​

Wish I could have, but it started during my sleep cycle. And due to the nature of my job (I'm a professional driver), I don't mess with that.

Nope don't wanna mess with your job, gotta get that money so we can give it to Cryptic lol :P

Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
    questerius wrote: »
    My projection:

Wish I could have, but it started during my sleep cycle. And due to the nature of my job (I'm a professional driver), I don't mess with that.

Nope don't wanna mess with your job, gotta get that money so we can give it to Cryptic lol :P

Indeed. Who cares about little things like food, rent, utilities and family. Perhaps the salary should be donated to cryptic's bank account directly.

​​