Comments

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    protogoth wrote: »
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    gulberat wrote: »
    This is why there needs to be more mods to police this type of child like behaviour. . . and there needs to be ones from different time zones as trendy and Co can't do this when it's night in the USA etc.

I've always said this board is severely understaffed for its size. The other very large forum I used to participate on had something upwards of 15 mods, not even counting the admins, if I remember correctly. It shouldn't be that people know the weekends are a free-for-all time. :/

Its is kind of a hmm moment when you come here on weekends and the kids come out to play with their oh so intelligent posts :neutral:
    ​​

2 or 3 just isn't enough. You have a point about different time zones. Finding someone from the UK who can mod probably would be a good idea, and people specifically willing to make a time commitment to be present on the weekend.

I'd do it in a heartbeat but hey don't think I'd ever get to

I've offered and got told by some of the Mods that I was being presumptuous (never mind that I have experience, and probably for a longer period of time than any of them), and finally was told to contact the CM for STO, which I did and never got a reply. Of course, I was specifically saying "Mod for the Romulan fora," because they are so woefully under-policed, but as much time as I spend in General Discussion, I could help out here as well.

Having past experience on a large and contentious forum is exactly why, despite saying we need more mods, I would refuse an offer here. :/

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    thissler wrote: »
    Hey, as as at least a couple of our Mod team seem to enjoy bashing people that are different than they are, in particular people of religious faith, maybe they'd enjoy this clever atheist video? I hope so! Because what's a day without throwing around the phrase "watch it with the Hate Speech"? Or gloating over handing out bans and 'slamming' forum users? I'll tell you what it is, it isn't a day at all! We prefer our days whackey and fun loving and full of abuse towards those we don't agree with. Enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKULc8W7lM

meanwhile in america....
    TRIBBLE-blame-earthquake-diatribesandovationsdotcom.jpg?w=640

• fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    Hey, as as at least a couple of our Mod team seem to enjoy bashing people that are different than they are, in particular people of religious faith, maybe they'd enjoy this clever atheist video? I hope so! Because what's a day without throwing around the phrase "watch it with the Hate Speech"? Or gloating over handing out bans and 'slamming' forum users? I'll tell you what it is, it isn't a day at all! We prefer our days whackey and fun loving and full of abuse towards those we don't agree with. Enjoy the video!

Well at least you have shown that you also enjoy bashing an entire group of people. I have to add, that video is neither clever nor effectively insulting to atheists. It wasn't even entertaining... just a really pathetic strawman. Who goes to reddit to determine how people really interact in everyday life?

Any-who, if religious believers wanted to get together and have a virtual church service I highly doubt the powers that be would put a stop to such a meeting, as long as it wasn't disruptive or abusive to other players. I also doubt that a promotional thread would be closed, or even receive the necessary flaming from the community to cause it to be closed. I believe whole fleets of religious believers exist, has there been any move to disband or harass them? And further, can you link any evidence of the Devs or Mod team bashing people of faith? I'd be interested to see it.
    Post edited by fatman592 on
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1191393/perfect-world-entertainment-community-rules-and-policies

Real-Life Personal Information
    You are not allowed to post personal, real-life information such as home addresses, home phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other personal information belonging to any person, including, without limitation, yourself.

This thread shouldn't exist - in discussing real-life personal information as it is doing.

/shrug
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    This is why there needs to be more mods to police this type of child like behaviour. . . and there needs to be ones from different time zones as trendy and Co can't do this when it's night in the USA etc.

I've always said this board is severely understaffed for its size. The other very large forum I used to participate on had something upwards of 15 mods, not even counting the admins, if I remember correctly. It shouldn't be that people know the weekends are a free-for-all time. :/

I agree. We could use a few more moderators. Not only to head off threads that get out of control, but to promptly deal with issues like our recent thread spamming dynamo on GD. A complaint thread has already sprung up about the spamming.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1191393/perfect-world-entertainment-community-rules-and-policies

You are not allowed to post personal, real-life information such as home addresses, home phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other personal information belonging to any person, including, without limitation, yourself.

This thread shouldn't exist - in discussing real-life personal information as it is doing.

/shrug

I thought that was referring to doxing and posting the contents of PM's in public. The problem here is more the fact that we have people taking shots at each other when the mature thing would've just been to let each other be in peace.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User

Shockingly, that clause pertains to personal identifiers that can be used to identify you as an individual, or track you to your place or residence or work.

Communities of interest do not fall into that clause. A community would have to fall under another ToS violation in order to be flagged.
    edited July 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »

Shockingly, that clause pertains to personal identifiers that can be used to identify you as an individual, or track you to your place or residence or work.

Communities of interest do not fall into that clause. A community would have to fall under another ToS violation in order to be flagged.

What it says is what it says.

You are not allowed to post personal information belonging to any person including yourself without limitation.

If you want to suggest they rewrite it, have at it...suggest they include such limitations as you speak. As it stands, it states without limitation...so it's pretty clear.

edit: Personally I'd agree with it needing to be rewritten, btw.

/shrug

I thought that was referring to doxing and posting the contents of PM's in public. The problem here is more the fact that we have people taking shots at each other when the mature thing would've just been to let each other be in peace.

There's a separate rule regarding the posting of PMs in public. That would be this part from the same announcement (linked up there at the top of every thread)...

Posting Private Correspondence
    You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
    • Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
    • Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

Folks should definitely take a look at the new rules they posted - they're not quite the same as they were previously. Tied into what they'd discussed about doing some universal rules for all the forums rather than the individual rules each of the forums had previously been following.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    But still talking about ones own sexual preferences is not against the rules neither is what the original op post was about. ​​
    Post edited by jam3s1701 on
    JtaDmwW.png
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Stonewall Fleet

Presents

The Sixth Annual Pride Weekend

Saturday, July 11th, 2015 - Sunday, July 12th, 2015

rainbowfederation.png

Stonewall Fleet is proud to host the Sixth Annual Pride Weekend for the Star Trek Online community. This time of year is a time of great celebration for the GLBT community. Millions worldwide celebrate during this time of year in remembrance of the Stonewall Riots. The Stonewall Riots were a major changing point in the TRIBBLE & TRIBBLE Rights Movement that not only affected the GLBT community, but the entire world.

For this occasion, Stonewall Fleet will be hosting events throughout the weekend. The events will be open to the entire Star Trek Online community and we hope that you and your fleet will come join in.

Join STOPride! To participate in all the festivities and follow along with the days events, please join the STOPride channel! Enter '/channel_join STOPride' to join.

Check out the complete weekend schedule at fleet.stonewallgaming.net/pride.

hmmm... I don't see any personal information posted here... There is no information whatsoever about the OP or any individual - including sexual orientation. The bias must be in the observer.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    I don't get it, why does anyone care? People are people are people, right?

It's even worse in a star trek game I mean, we have Klingons having children with Humans, Cardassians with Bajorans, etc... who cares about a small insignificant thing such as sexuality?

As far as LGBT goes, I have two points of thought, first: How can LGBT groups call themselves equalists when they don't include "straight" in their abbreviation? It's a sexual preference is it not? Does it not therefore deserve to be included in sexual equality movements? Second: You have thousands of people protesting for LGBT rights marching through a city, nobody bats an eyelid. A small group walk through the same city holding banners for straight people and everyone loses their heads, where's the equality in that?

As a final thought, much like Starsword-C, I honestly couldn't care less about anyone's sexuality, I just don't like all the fuss about it, I think everyone needs to get over it.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited July 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »

What it says is what it says.

You are not allowed to post personal information belonging to any person including yourself without limitation.

If you want to suggest they rewrite it, have at it...suggest they include such limitations as you speak. As it stands, it states without limitation...so it's pretty clear.

edit: Personally I'd agree with it needing to be rewritten, btw.

I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure this is what it's referring to, which is a clearly defined legal concept: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personally_identifiable_information

You could not use someone's sexual orientation on this forum to identify who they were IRL. Now if someone breached a person's employment record or other similarly sensitive database and that happened to be included, that would be a problem, but not in the context of this forum.

• protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    On behalf of Tal'Diann, Tal-Diann, and Lasasam s'Tal'Diann, thanks to Stonewall for putting on a great event.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I don't get it, why does anyone care? People are people are people, right?

It's even worse in a star trek game I mean, we have Klingons having children with Humans, Cardassians with Bajorans, etc... who cares about a small insignificant thing such as sexuality?

As far as LGBT goes, I have two points of thought, first: How can LGBT groups call themselves equalists when they don't include "straight" in their abbreviation? It's a sexual preference is it not? Does it not therefore deserve to be included in sexual equality movements? Second: You have thousands of people protesting for LGBT rights marching through a city, nobody bats an eyelid. A small group walk through the same city holding banners for straight people and everyone loses their heads, where's the equality in that?

As a final thought, much like Starsword-C, I honestly couldn't care less about anyone's sexuality, I just don't like all the fuss about it, I think everyone needs to get over it.

Very true, this is just a game. Even on WoW they allow male characters wear dresses. This is why I want the unidress uniform. Since it should be universal. As in TNG there was a male wearing one, and at that time. They wanted to show how equal everyone was. Plus my Fed is using the Season 1 outfits. So the unidress would fit well with my theme. Another reason why I want it.

This is my guess on your 2 questions. They want to show themselves as that group. To show they are different. Just like people of different colors and backgrounds.

Second that is the intolerant part of the group. As it don't go with their agenda. They refuse to care about the other thoughts/belief. And then label them as phobes, haters, bigots, racist, etc. Regardless cause its against them and their cause. In extreme cases get violent with it. You have these in all groups regardless who the are. I consider these the "extremist."

My final thought, if they want to have their party. So be it, they have a ship or starbase to do it. They can have their fun. I can either join or not it won't bother me a bit. I have my thoughts and belief on things. I just don't like to share it.
    Post edited by farmallm on
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Reading this thread got me thinking, and I want to ask those who have a difference with the event the OP let the whole community know about the following questions:

1.) If a fleet that is founded around people that in Real Life served in the military decided to host their own event (just like this annual pride weekend) would you also find it necessary to stand up against their right to organize and post about event inviting everyone to help them celebrate a Real life milestone or date? If you didn't, why wouldn't you, based on how the discussion has turned, serving in the military could also be seen as personal identifier in the most broad sense of definition. If you did, is it a personal belief that all military personal should not celebrate the bond they have that transcends Real life and the game?

2.) How is it that some people do not have the ability to just not comment on something that does not pertain to them? Do people just do not have the personal courage anymore to just something be, they have to go about making their opinion known?

3.) Their are fleets based around faiths in the game, would you also attack them as well?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    I'm sure it's it's been brought up in the other posts, but I'm not gonna bother sifting through them. It's LGBT, not GLBT.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    Is that a check your male privilege post?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • stonewallfleetstonewallfleet Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Thanks to everyone who came out and participated this weekend! Was lots of fun and can't wait to see you next year!!
    ef60ddee6509cfb00c93237a0bfeec6b_large.png
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Based on forum policy, this thread should be closed. This has zero to do with Star Trek or Star Trek Online.

Obscene/Vulgar/Inappropriate Objectionable Material
    You may not create posts which contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, obscene, vulgar, inappropriate and/or otherwise objectionable material or, that allude to, contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, pornography and/or extreme violence or sexual acts.

This entire thread is about supporting same sex unions. This is all about sex. The moderator should shut this thread down. At the very least it should be moved to the Fleet forum being that the OP is talking about a Fleet event.

Also...the OP's signature is offensive. Anyone with a discerning eye can see that the eagle holding the UFP insignia was taken from a WWII German Uniform. The Wermacht soldiers wore it on their breast...but it held a swastika, not a UFP symbol. The adoring Communists is also offensive to anyone who truly celebrates freedom.

OP...get over yourself. The moderators should shut this down. Try this:

I just put the omni-directional antiproton beam array as a rear weapon on my T5-U Fleet K'tinga Retrofit. Upgraded it to Mk XIV Epic. I'm running Disruptor Beams and all my Tac consoles are Beam or Disruptor bonus, 2 of each type, so at least two of the tac consoles, the beam bonus ones, should give this weapon a boost. I wanted another forward firing weapon. With the addition of this Anti-proton beam array, that makes six forward firing weapons because I have the 360 disruptor array also as a rear weapon. I'm liking the results so far.

You see what I did there? It's called Star Trek Online...not Pride Weekend or anything else...just Star Trek Online. Star Trek Online General Discussion should be a General Discussion about Star Trek Online. To quote Spock, "...anything else is a waste of material."
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    This event is just part of a celebration for the LGBT community where they acknowledge gaining rights after violent demonstrations. It is just a time of year they hold their celebrations and this event is not just for the LGBT community.

As part of their celebration the Stonewall Fleet are putting together events throughout this weekend for all of the STO community no matter what their sexual, religious or political preferences are.

There is no parading LGBT people like animals - it is quite simply a fun weekend with lots of prizes available to win.

If you can and want to attend, good luck trying to win some sweet prizes; if not, I hope you enjoy your weekend with whatever activity you choose to do.

Please remember to keep your posts civil - we do not want to be giving out warnings and deleting posts.

LLAP, MidNite
    Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums

Some of you should probably try reading the thread and see that 'the mods' already dismissed your intolerance.

I didn't get a chance to join in much this weekend but I did check in with the STOPride chat a couple of times and it looked like everyone had a pretty good time!

fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Also...the OP's signature is offensive. Anyone with a discerning eye can see that the eagle holding the UFP insignia was taken from a WWII German Uniform. The Wermacht soldiers wore it on their breast...but it held a swastika, not a UFP symbol. The adoring Communists is also offensive to anyone who truly celebrates freedom.

You might try looking at the OP, then you'd see that the OP has NO signature to be offensive.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    You might try looking at the OP, then you'd see that the OP has NO signature to be offensive.

You're right! My apologies. Was referring to shazia9191 sig. Disgraceful! In any case a non Star Trek thread. Shut er down or move it to Fleet.

klingon-bridge.jpg

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Isn't calling out people by name against the forum rules?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »

You're right! My apologies. Was referring to shazia9191 sig. Disgraceful! In any case a non Star Trek thread. Shut er down or move it to Fleet.

You do realize the event is over now, right? You do realize that your posts in this thread have all been since the event ended, right? You do realize that by continuing to post in the thread, you're only keeping the thread alive, and by continuing to protest the event, you're only stirring up drama, right?
This discussion has been closed.