test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sixth Annual Pride Weekend

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    thetanine wrote: »
    I'd rather not have to deal with anyone's blatant disregard for the laws of morality when I visit the website and/or forums for the online games hosted under www.arcgames.com

Just as I keep my personal opinions on sexuality to myself, I'd like for everyone else to do the same.

This website is supposed to be about playing mmo's, not who my fellow players are sleeping with in real life.

Best regards,

@ThetaNine

Which "Laws of morality" are these? Please enlighten us.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Moral+Law
    Moral law is a system of guidelines for behavior. These guidelines may or may not be part of a religion, codified in written form, or legally enforceable. For some people moral law is synonymous with the commands of a divine being. For others, moral law is a set of universal rules that should apply to everyone.

Ah, so completely vague and undefined. Who drafted these laws?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • mikejfmikejf Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    We celebrate pride because pride is the opposite of the shame that society would have us feel.

Ignoring the issue and treating is as not worth mentioning is a happy ideal for a future where that shame no longer exists, but we don't live in that society yet, and to let us feel the shame pushed on us without care, washing your hands of it, is not equality; it is complicity.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    Anyway, Tal'Diann, Tal-Diann, and Lasasam s'Tal'Diann will have a presence in this event. We are LGBTI-friendly.

Yep, Tal'Diann was there!

I'm not a person who identifies as part of the LGBT community, but have had many friends and colleagues over the years from all walks of life, including LGBT. I've been to rallies, parades, and all types of these things for different causes, all for supporting and caring about diversity. So when I heard about a pride parade in STO, there was only one thing to do...

Throw purple stripes on my warbird, and cruise space with a bunch of great people, just having fun and celebrating for the sake of celebration!

-pK5iTShyw8rXyIs3pUjmzD8E1ZHB2qBL_oo3h-SUdo=w1430-h804-no
    WgHBIZDsFC_ila7KeUOF7td2je_uwuFlh_AnYx49KoA=w1430-h804-no
    ZdnyxGx0nHAWW0kF9ILx2btWL155N0El-a0GjVGtxBg=w1430-h804-no

Thanks Stonewall! Looking forward to attending a couple of tomorrow's events!
  • stonewallfleetstonewallfleet Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Anyway, Tal'Diann, Tal-Diann, and Lasasam s'Tal'Diann will have a presence in this event. We are LGBTI-friendly.

Yep, Tal'Diann was there!

I'm not a person who identifies as part of the LGBT community, but have had many friends and colleagues over the years from all walks of life, including LGBT. I've been to rallies, parades, and all types of these things for different causes, all for supporting and caring about diversity. So when I heard about a pride parade in STO, there was only one thing to do...

Throw purple stripes on my warbird, and cruise space with a bunch of great people, just having fun and celebrating for the sake of celebration!

-pK5iTShyw8rXyIs3pUjmzD8E1ZHB2qBL_oo3h-SUdo=w1430-h804-no
    WgHBIZDsFC_ila7KeUOF7td2je_uwuFlh_AnYx49KoA=w1430-h804-no
    ZdnyxGx0nHAWW0kF9ILx2btWL155N0El-a0GjVGtxBg=w1430-h804-no

Thanks Stonewall! Looking forward to attending a couple of tomorrow's events!

Awesome shots! Thanks for attending.
    ef60ddee6509cfb00c93237a0bfeec6b_large.png
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    All that delicious popcorn...

There was a rib fest recently in my town. All those rib lovers are purposely forcing in and out groups on society. It's not like people were simply into eating ribs. There is no possible way these deviants can come together to celebrate something they like or love without an ulterior motive. I mean, the pork-stappo has really been effective in shoving their delicious agenda on our youth. Think of our children. I can't have competing ideas influencing them. After all, keeping my children from any opposing views is the best preparation for adulthood.

We're losing our long standing "don't ask don't tell" status quo closeted HRBTC (ham, ribs, bacon, tenderloin, chops) community. When I hear that they exist, I feel oppressed. What's next, eating pork in public? Appropriating our symbol of love by wearing greasy bacon rings on their fingers? And when I say these things in public, I'm called a bigot. One of my best friends loves to eat "nose to tail"; not like I've ever discussed my views with my friend, we never "needed" to. It's sad there's such intolerance out there. What I think is clearly right; it has been the privileged position for generations. Mark my words, these pork eaters will turn our once great country into N-a-z-i Germany. All because we tolerated them congregating together.

I took that one a little too far lol... But seriously, can the overly sensitive posters get a little empathy and understand a group of people's desire to celebrate a common aspect of their identity? That's to much to ask I'm sure. Soon enough these... people... will be raging against a fleet of like minded religious believers, or a RP event that favors the TOS era. Oh wait, they're not going to post the same kind of asinine comments to those types of threads? Hmm, seems like there's something else going on here.
    Post edited by fatman592 on
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    fatman592 wrote: »
    All that delicious popcorn...

There was a rib fest recently in my town. All those rib lovers are purposely forcing in and out groups on society. It's not like people were simply into eating ribs. There is no possible way these deviants can come together to celebrate something they like or love without an ulterior motive. I mean, the pork-stappo has really been effective in shoving their delicious agenda on our youth. Think of our children. I can't have competing ideas influencing them. After all, keeping my children from any opposing views is the best preparation for adulthood.

We're losing our long standing "don't ask don't tell" status quo closeted HRBTC (ham, ribs, bacon, tenderloin, chops) community. When I hear that they exist, I feel oppressed. What's next, eating pork in public? Appropriating our symbol of love by wearing greasy bacon rings on their fingers? And when I say these things in public, I'm called a bigot. One of my best friends loves to eat "nose to tail"; not like I've ever discussed my views with my friend, we never "needed" to. It's sad there's such intolerance out there. What I think is clearly right; it has been the privileged position for generations. Mark my words, these pork eaters will turn our once great country into N-a-z-i Germany. All because we tolerated them congregating together.

I took that one a little too far lol... But seriously, can the overly sensitive posters get a little empathy and understand a group of people's desire to celebrate a common aspect of their identity? That's to much to ask I'm sure. Soon enough these... people... will be raging against a fleet of like minded religious believers, or a RP event that favors the TOS era. Oh wait, they're not going to post the same kind of asinine comments to those types of threads? Hmm, seems like there's something else going on here.

please this is star trek game, of course they would, everyone would. because despite being fan of a show that at least preaches understanding and friendship and my little pony. we're some hateful people.

that being said I hope you all enjoy yourselves, or at least annoyed the haters a bit.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    That's nice. I'll be busy taking the Star Trek approach to homosexuality or race for that matter, which is to treat as an already-accepted thing no more worth mentioning than heterosexuality and ignore it.
    Problem is, we're not yet living in that sort of world.... I can walk around in public being all heterosexual and everything (within certain obvious limits) and nobody will bat an eyelid; I have that right. Today, though, TRIBBLE and TRIBBLE people have to assert and defend that right. Perhaps things will, indeed, be better by the 24th century. But that's going to mean doing some work towards defending TRIBBLE rights here and now, in the 21st.
    8b6YIel.png?1
    Does it really matter that a bunch of people are getting together, celebrating something they have in common? And that people who support them, are joining them?

I understand that this is an MMO community, and the Trek brand can't shield us entirely from the normal poison that comes with an MMO playerbase... but c'mon all, if you don't want to take part, just ignore the thread and keep on playing the game as you normally would.
  • darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    so, when is the straight pride event? if you don't have one, you're a bigot.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Feel free to set up your own ;)
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    how butch!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Pride isn't just about sexuality - it's about acceptance that everyone is different.

I guess some people have a hard time with that concept.
    ​​
  • orionburstorionburst Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    shazia9191 wrote: »

Looking forward to the invitation thread.

Well Putins made the official flag for it already....
    ​​
    344qvwl.jpg

I'm an Arc user? Yeah, right..I'd rather eat a chainsaw, blade first
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

You should't have said that, they are all over GD like tribbles now.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

You should't have said that, they are all over GD like tribbles now.

Yeah, 8 different threads, all by the same person, with the same intent of mockery. If they didn't already count as "insulting," they certainly count as "spamming" by now.
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, 8 different threads, all by the same person, with the same intent of mockery. If they didn't already count as "insulting," they certainly count as "spamming" by now.

One of the benefits of the new forum system is the "Flag" link at the bottom of every post, for the purposes of reporting content.

Considering MidNiteShadow7 already posted in here defending the event once, I'm thinking that the spamming won't be around for long.

There's also the irony that this type of reaction to a Pride event is exactly the kind of reason that Pride events still need to happen.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This is why there needs to be more mods to police this type of child like behaviour. . . and there needs to be ones from different time zones as trendy and Co can't do this when it's night in the USA etc.​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    This is why there needs to be more mods to police this type of child like behaviour. . . and there needs to be ones from different time zones as trendy and Co can't do this when it's night in the USA etc.

I've always said this board is severely understaffed for its size. The other very large forum I used to participate on had something upwards of 15 mods, not even counting the admins, if I remember correctly. It shouldn't be that people know the weekends are a free-for-all time. :/

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited July 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    This is why there needs to be more mods to police this type of child like behaviour. . . and there needs to be ones from different time zones as trendy and Co can't do this when it's night in the USA etc.

I've always said this board is severely understaffed for its size. The other very large forum I used to participate on had something upwards of 15 mods, not even counting the admins, if I remember correctly. It shouldn't be that people know the weekends are a free-for-all time. :/

Its is kind of a hmm moment when you come here on weekends and the kids come out to play with their oh so intelligent posts :neutral:
    ​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User

Its is kind of a hmm moment when you come here on weekends and the kids come out to play with their oh so intelligent posts :neutral:
    ​​

2 or 3 just isn't enough. You have a point about different time zones. Finding someone from the UK who can mod probably would be a good idea, and people specifically willing to make a time commitment to be present on the weekend.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Ack, its this weekend. I'll stop by when I can get a chance, good to see y'all out and proud! hG7UctY.png​​
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif

​​

2 or 3 just isn't enough. You have a point about different time zones. Finding someone from the UK who can mod probably would be a good idea, and people specifically willing to make a time commitment to be present on the weekend.

I'd do it in a heartbeat but hey don't think I'd ever get to

JtaDmwW.png
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User

​​

I'd do it in a heartbeat but hey don't think I'd ever get to

I've offered and got told by some of the Mods that I was being presumptuous (never mind that I have experience, and probably for a longer period of time than any of them), and finally was told to contact the CM for STO, which I did and never got a reply. Of course, I was specifically saying "Mod for the Romulan fora," because they are so woefully under-policed, but as much time as I spend in General Discussion, I could help out here as well.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    Hey, as as at least a couple of our Mod team seem to enjoy bashing people that are different than they are, in particular people of religious faith, maybe they'd enjoy this clever atheist video? I hope so! Because what's a day without throwing around the phrase "watch it with the Hate Speech"? Or gloating over handing out bans and 'slamming' forum users? I'll tell you what it is, it isn't a day at all! We prefer our days whackey and fun loving and full of abuse towards those we don't agree with. Enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKULc8W7lM
This discussion has been closed.