test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Time in a Bottle" no longer playable?

Is anyone else unable to start the mission "Time in a Bottle" today? I haven't been able to start that mission on any of my characters today ... and I've just tried queuing that mission with the level 60 characters I used to play the mission previously. It's not on replay cooldown ... the mission is grayed out and can't be played.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Yeah, I noticed this. They haven't added it to the Iconian arc yet is the problem.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This seems to be a recurring problem for them. It stops being an FE and then because they didn't restrict it to 60 only they leave it unplayable.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    I got a message Dropped mission "Time in a Bottle". when I logged in with my lvl.13 Kdf character.
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Also unable to 'hail' it in the FE tab.
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
    Will be back at the next patch which will also be Season 10.5.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Oh well ... it just seems like a lame problem to have. I mean, the devs knew that Time In A Bottle wouldn't be a featured episode anymore after last Thursday, so why not immediately move it to a standard episode so that players can play that content (without the special rewards).

Seems silly to have good content with quality work from the devs and solid voice talent from one of the actors from DS9 and waste all that effort even if only for a week while that content is essentially "locked out" of the game.

As others have said, it will almost certainly be back with the next patch ... just seems silly.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
    They did that With either Dust to Dust or Uneasy Allies as well. Just seems to be some sort of slip-up.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    yall know it aint gonna get sorted until monday at best, more likely thursday... cryptic drops their patch and hauls TRIBBLE outta the office and ignores everything until monday
    And last week's patch was just for 'Performance Improvements' so they probably didn't want to add any content stuff.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well now with the Blog about the new upcoming FE 'Broken Circle' we see that they are running the special rewards (Spec Point or Item Upgrade) for that for FOUR weeks before it reverts to 60+. Perhaps that indicates that 'Time in a Bottle' should have run one more week but was borked up.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    the last week of time in a bottle, the patch was on wednesday instead of thursday as usual but time in a bottle was still playable for low level characters until thursday evening (german time) which would be the usual patch time. But on that thursday i played the mission to get some Chroniton Rifles for my DRs and i got a 4th spec point. So maybe something went wrong on that day because the patch had to be on wednesday but usually the patch and the change from featured to normal episode happen at the same time
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    It will be back. Last couple of times same thing happened. It disappeared, and it was put back for Lv60 only after a patch.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    edited July 2015
    The main thing was to get that fourth Spec Point. But on Thursday it was not electable at all for any Level Character.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The main thing was to get that fourth Spec Point. But on Thursday it was not electable t all for any Level Character.

Yes even the new FE the point will be gone after the event. Then the next one will start up in about a month. To me the point don't really matter. As I hadn't done the story yet. And don't want to ruin it. Granted I got a partial idea, but don't know the full story.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    This Delta Recruit Dahar Master is the most complete character I have now even after two years. Did every Mission there is (I guess some pop-ups in Dyson Space may not have shown up but I exclude this). All enough times to get all the special Rewards.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns