test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Music to play STO by

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
Sometimes I like to mute the game and play music while playing, does anyone else do this and if so what songs do you listen to while playong STO? I like Final Count Down and I Need A Hero.

Comments

• Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I play the background music from the Klingon encounter with V'ger from Star Trek the Motion Picture.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    During Borg STFs, I like to put on "Lay Down Your Arms," by Asia.

For the Risa Summer Event, I've made a MPU list, featuring the following:

1. Madeon - "Pop Culture"
    2. Capital Cities - "Safe & Sound"
    3. Hawaiian Punch <-(Video link to the music source)
    4. Dirty Vegas - "Days Go By"
    5. Goo Goo Dolls - "Broadway"
    6. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Californication" <- (Great to listen while doing the Power-board Race)
    7. Underworld - "Cowgirl"
    8. Carl Cox - "Phoebus Apollo"
    9. Chemical Brothers - "Star Guitar"
    10. Chemical Brothers - "In Dust"
    11. Don Henley - "Boys of Summer"
    12. The Ataris - "Boys of Summer"
    13. The Bravery - "Fearless"
    14. Angels & Airwaves - "The Adventure"
    15. Silverchair - "Straight Lines"
    Post edited by ricosakara on
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    Anything Black metal.

Mayhem- A Grand Declaration of War
    Darkthrone- Graveyard TRIBBLE, Shut up, F.O.A.D, etc...

Just to name a few.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I sometimes listen to various "epic" instrumental music. A few examples are as follows:

Denny Schneidemesser - With Gun and Crucifix
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3kPtYm6Qw

Immediate Music- Surrender To Hope
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1yqLbtGkC8

Alliance - The Speed of Light
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDHTHuszMss
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    Music is one of the first things I turn off in a MMO, and it's not because I'd prefer to play my own music or anything like that. Many games offer distinct sounds for various abilities and the like, which means being able to listen for those sounds is an important aspect of the gameplay. During the few times that I've been on teamspeak with others, it was a heavy distraction and gameplay suffered for it. Given that I sucked to begin with, heh, it was pretty brutal. Ears can serve as eyes in the back of the head and to the sides if one tunes their ears for listening. If it was a case of doing something that didn't require that kind of attention, odds are that I was probably watching TV or Netflix while playing rather than listening to music.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I do not play with sound, when I do listen to music while playing a like to listen to Otep.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Anything by Two Steps From Hell.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Anything by Two Steps From Hell.

Amen!

I even listen to the rest of the musical spectrum... depending on what I am doing in game and based on my mood at the time. Sometimes I'll even listen to the in game soundtrack.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    BSG (new), Tron Legacy, and Mass Effect soundtracks if I'm in that kind of space battle mood. NOFX, Bad Religion, and Pennywise if I'm in a chaotic sort of mood. And Birthday Massacre, Scarling, Jack off Jill, and Switchblade Symphony if I'm in a darker mood.
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    storules wrote: »

I like this one <3