test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account wide dilithium conversion

I would like the opinion on the community on this matter.

Ive 6 lv 50+ catacters and so ive the ability to farm dilithium on them and convert 8000 ores per day.

What i would like to sugest is an account wide option to the refinement of dilithium ore, so that instead of me having to play with all the caracters, i would just play with the ones i feel like it and be able to refine dilithium at a rate of 8000 per lv 50+ catacter i have (lv 50+ because it unlocks the reputations and their stfs).

This would give players the option of still maxing the dilithium convertion across all their high lv caracters and doing so on they favourite caracter, still the same amount of farming but all in one caracter instead of having to play several ones.

Best regards, Silva

Comments

• Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    That will never happen. Why? Metrics.
  • Options
    drmilkydrmilky Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Anything that would increase the amount of dil being generated, like letting a well-geared and specked main toon refine more than 8k dil per day, would put upward pressure on the price of zen on the dilex, and is therefore bad.

what pressure? instead of playing both my eng, tac and sci caracters i would play just my sci and about gear if doesnt make alot of difference dilithium wise, could make a stf take a few less minutes but at least i would play the caracter i wanted instead of being forced to play another just to cap dilithium.

• Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    drmilky wrote: »
    Anything that would increase the amount of dil being generated, like letting a well-geared and specked main toon refine more than 8k dil per day, would put upward pressure on the price of zen on the dilex, and is therefore bad.

what pressure? instead of playing both my eng, tac and sci caracters i would play just my sci and about gear if doesnt make alot of difference dilithium wise, could make a stf take a few less minutes but at least i would play the caracter i wanted instead of being forced to play another just to cap dilithium.

You are basically asking for MORE refined dilithium. So, more refined dilithium for everyone = worst exchange prices in the zen exchange. Its really straight forward.

Besides, how do you expect to refine dilithium from other character that didnt grind for it???? if i understand your point correctly, that is what you asking. It makes no sense at all lol. And if what you want is to add the refined dilithium from other character to your main, you can do it through the dilithium exchange.
  • Options
    drmilkydrmilky Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »

You are basically asking for MORE refined dilithium. So, more refined dilithium for everyone = worst exchange prices in the zen exchange. Its really straight forward.

Besides, how do you expect to refine dilithium from other character that didnt grind for it???? if i understand your point correctly, that is what you asking. It makes no sense at all lol. And if what you want is to add the refined dilithium from other character to your main, you can do it through the dilithium exchange.

Let me explain it better:

you have a sci a tac and an eng captain, you can grind and refine 8000 per caracter per day for a total of 24k.

What im saying is instead of grinding 8k a caracter you could have the option on grinding the entire 24k on a single caracter, as soon as you reached your total all your other caracters would not be able to refine dilithium for that day.

the only diference betwen then and now would be the caracter that you would play with, at the end of the day the possible dilithium you could refine would still be the same.

• Options
    siruksiruk Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    What you are more likely to get is them making so you can only get 8000 a day total per account for just bringing up what you have been doing to farm and bypass the 8k limit. They don't want you to have more they want you to buy ZEN. Way to go pointing this out you will be to blame if they nerf the current situation.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I want this, I want to see people refining tons of dil so it pushes the dil exchange up to 500 dil for 1 zen. Forget Metrics, let the Free to players get their zen for a dil price I am willing to pay for.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    the only diference betwen then and now would be the caracter that you would play with, at the end of the day the possible dilithium you could refine would still be the same.

I'm sorry, but this is a bad idea as it could easily be exploited. For example, what would stop someone from making as many active toons as they could then leaving them on their account so their main had practically an unlimited daily cap. Further, as mentioned by others, a single super-geared captain does make a difference. If you have a ship with all Epic Mk 14s you can probably handle any elite queue (Yes you don't need gear that good, but I'm just making a point.) By always doing and winning Elite queues you do make more dil more quickly. You also get marks and elite marks that can be converted to dil and R&D packs that can be sold for EC. All of this with potentially a limitless refinement cap thanks to "faux" toons on you account.

Perhaps you would then suggest that for the "communal cap" to recognize a toon it would have to be at least 50. But that would be hard to implement and by using Red Alerts and a Bonus XP weekend you can get even a "farming" toon to 50 very fast.

In conclusion, as another poster mentioned, its not that hard to "offer" to buy 1 Zen for 25 dil x whatever you need to transfer dil between charcters. Further even 6 toons would only take a couple minutes to quickly login to and hit the refine button then log out (If you had bulk buildup across characters). And finally if you can't be bothered to even do that some levels of membership offer auto-refining where as long as you login once a day all toons "auto-refine" up to 8,000 if they have it. Then just visit each one once a week later to collect the total sum.

For as was already said, there is already too much dil floating around in this game currently. And while this might make it easier for some it would also pretty much crash the dil exchange for good. I'm a Lifer, not F2P, but I know people who are and relied on converting dil to get new C-Store stuff. As things stand now those days are done and this would only make it worse.

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Let me explain it better:

you have a sci a tac and an eng captain, you can grind and refine 8000 per caracter per day for a total of 24k.

What im saying is instead of grinding 8k a caracter you could have the option on grinding the entire 24k on a single caracter, as soon as you reached your total all your other caracters would not be able to refine dilithium for that day.

Oh wait, so what you are really saying is even worst... so people who have more than 10 characters.. ow xD, imagine how bad the zen exchange will be with some of us refining more than 50k every day.. everything is awesome ^^

Mmorpgs and specially this one are designed for pure and plain grind. So, you need to work with your other characteres if you want to benefit with their resources. Its the way it is, for any mmorpg and STO in particular.

"at the end of the day the possible dilithium you could refine would still be the same." << this i dont understand. So you basically saying that even grinding for 50k dilithium i will only be able to refine 8000?? sooo what is the point ????? xx¿?