test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I love/hate this game

I've been wanting to play this game so badly but, it seems like all of Crypitic games won't work for me and I hate it because I really like Star Trek and It won't even attempt to load the characters for me

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Does your computer meet the minimum requirements listed for the game?

OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
    Memory: 1GB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
    DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
    HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
    Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required

These are just what I found on the old STO site doing a quick google search.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • hinhunterhinhunter Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    my system info
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon R2 7000 series
    Sound: DirectX 11.0
    Direct X 11.0
    and yes I have plenty of hard drive space and obviously I have internet and I am paying 180$ for the best bright house has to offer
    edited July 2015
    Also I am running an AMD Phenom 9550 Quadcore 2.2 GHZ
    I know some people have reported issues using DirectX 11, instead of 9. There is a fix for it floating around the forums somewhere, but I do not recall what it is.
    signature.png
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    yes, best to run it on DX9, (even the devs run it on DX9, or at least one of them)
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I love/hate tribbles. They all taste so good, but they reproduce like pests!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    Best thing to do is start in safe mode, that's what I have to do then ramp up the settings when I get into game.
    JtaDmwW.png
    Okay great now it loads my character but, I can't play
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited July 2015
    Can't play is pretty vague.

Is there an error that occurs?
    Are you running other things in the background that might be bogging your system down greatly?
    Have you tried loading the game in safemode and doing a verify files?
    Have you using Steam(some have less issues there)?
    Have you tried checking to make sure your computer is actually reaching the servers (tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com)?
    Have you tried a repair or re-install of the game?
    have you tried a repair or re-install of DX?

These are questions that can aid in getting you up and going. Because right now it seems that you are basing off your opinion on the fact that something with your rig is preventing you specifically from playing.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • nellis123nellis123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    this game is possible the best star trek game ever created.
    i have been playing this game for over a year and could never leave a negative comment about it,

however scince i finished the game for my main character i have been going back to use my older ships such as the constitution and NX classes only to find that they are not powerful enough to be used for anything other than a taxi service between DS9 and Earth space Dock. this is because they are not capable of fighting ships from previous levels that have increated in difficulty as you level up.
    scince the update came out that changed the deep space encounter missions i have not been able to use any of my smaller ships without creating a new character all the time.
  • lerch2000lerch2000 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I know some people have reported issues using DirectX 11, instead of 9. There is a fix for it floating around the forums somewhere, but I do not recall what it is.

You talking about this: command line on launcher enter: -d3d11Enable 0
  • scrag0416scrag0416 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    No the issue is a group of inept developers.....if I could get a refund for all the money spent and walk away I would.
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    scrag0416 wrote: »
    No the issue is a group of inept developers.....if I could get a refund for all the money spent and walk away I would.

Why don't you just walk away? There, problem solved.

My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
    minababe wrote: »

Really, nothing holding you here if you hate it so much.
    signature.png
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    give it some time, you gona hate/hate this game
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
    playhard88 wrote: »

If that's you, why are you still here?
    signature.png
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    nellis123 wrote: »
    this game is possible the best star trek game ever created.
    i have been playing this game for over a year and could never leave a negative comment about it,

That is just obsession, when you cant see anything else that positive things. I mean, sure you can like this game but.. trust me lol, if you were "normal" you will find A LOT of negative things about this game lol. A lot lot lot lot... for start, it is not even 50% star trek anymore.

A lot of reasonable people like this game but they are honest, and they will never say "this is the best star trek game ever created" because that is so false that is ridiculous lolz. Fine, get rid of all the bugs, lag, broken content, bad designs, crappy support management and etc, etc, and yes, it will be probably one of the best star trek games ever created. Meanwhile, it is not.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

Why people cant express their opinions??? I mean, its incredible. People can say millions of positive things about this game, but when someone says something negative, there you are , jumping frogs with the typical and non constructive "dont play go away".

Lol, its actually funny xD.
    kittyflofy wrote: »

Why people cant express their opinions??? I mean, its incredible. People can say millions of positive things about this game, but when someone says something negative, there you are , jumping frogs with the typical and non constructive "dont play go away".

Lol, its actually funny xD.

It is not the negativity expressed that is the issue, it is the petulant child thing of "I'll take my ball and go home" that is stated.
    signature.png
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    playhard88 wrote: »

If that's you, why are you still here?

nostalgia, i player this game for almost 3 years.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    hinhunter wrote: »
    I've been wanting to play this game so badly but, it seems like all of Crypitic games won't work for me and I hate it because I really like Star Trek and It won't even attempt to load the characters for me
    hinhunter wrote: »
    my system info
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon R2 7000 series
    Sound: DirectX 11.0
    Direct X 11.0
    and yes I have plenty of hard drive space and obviously I have internet and I am paying 180$ for the best bright house has to offer

Please post your CPU, and the type/speed of your memory. My guess is that the CPU is the bottleneck.

I have no issues running this game. here are my PC Specs:

AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4GHz AM3+ Processor

ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ Motherboard

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 "Superclocked" edition

Corsair Vengeance memory - 16GB DDR3 PC3-12800, 1600MHz

Coolmax ZU-800B 800W Power Supply

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    If you don't know what kind of RAM you have, here are some instructions I found for finding out:
    http://www.geek.com/chips/geek-basics-what-type-of-ram-do-i-have-in-my-computer-1465999/
    If you need to resort to using a software tool to find out, another one I've often seen recommended in computer magazines is the one at Crucial.com.

CPU information is easy, at least: from your Start menu (if you have one - I can't remember which Windows version it is that doesn't have one), select Accessories, then System Tools, then System Information and there should be an entry for "Processor" on the first page. I don't know why it doesn't do the same for RAM, it would be handy.
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    I use Dx 11, on a wal-mart special computer with integrated intel graphics card, 8gb of Ram no issues. On thing to do, after installing the game, is force verify your files. Do to cryptics talents, ( cough, no offense ) sometimes you need to do that after an install for everything to work up to speed.
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    My ancient Cumputer still run this game, it is now old and making a lot of noise,
    Proably it will run if you use old stuffs.
    And best star trek games: Klingon Academy, The Birth of the Federation, Star trek:Armada.
    This mmorpg... I like the people who play it, cant find any other place like it.
    But I dont like how it is being runned
    Couple years back it was awsome
    It was nice untill they start to follow jj trek
    which basicly is recycle old stuffs
    it feels good if they work it out fine
    but very disturbing if it fails
    blehhh like most part of the iconian war
    should have at least copy Teal'c
    and an emote -> "Get to da chappa aye"
    and general O'neil ... oh wait he is on Kobali lol
    That part was very good.

Mzd8i1c.gif
    My ancient Cumputer still run this game, it is now old and making a lot of noise,
    Proably it will run if you use old stuffs.
    And best star trek games: Klingon Academy, The Birth of the Federation, Star trek:Armada.
    This mmorpg... I like the people who play it, cant find any other place like it.
    But I dont like how it is being runned
    Couple years back it was awsome
    It was nice untill they start to follow jj trek
    which basicly is recycle old stuffs
    it feels good if they work it out fine
    but very disturbing if it fails
    blehhh like most part of the iconian war
    should have at least copy Teal'c
    and an emote -> "Get to da chappa aye"
    and general O'neil ... oh wait he is on Kobali lol
    That part was very good.

All I really got out of this was that your older machine runs the game well, and you have issues with the Star Trek reboot. Other than that I just have to ask "hunh?".
    signature.png
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    It makes perfect sense to me. Yes, the Iconian War storyline does have a very Stargate feel to it indeed... :D Not sure what you're saying the game is taking from the reboot, though? Which bits do you mean ?